12-21-16 04:59 AM
91 1234
tools
    Hi there!

I read quite a few posts where people are asking if it is possible to run Android apps in headless mode. The answer is quite simple: Yes, it's possible. This guide will help you to get everything up and running.

Here's how to proceed:

Step 1
    Download my enhanced Blackberry Developer Tools. The package contains two new files:
    1. Launcher.bat, a launcher for all Blackberry Tools that have a GUI
    2. headless_manifest.mf, a prepared manifest file with the required settings for headless mode

Step 2
    1. Unpack Blackberry Developer Tools to a directory and run Launcher.bat
    2. Choose Blackberry-Signer, select configure signing and request a developer token. Close when done.
    3. Choose Blackberry APK-Packager and select your APK file, select Advanced Settings, select Minimum OS 10.2
    4. In Custom Manifest section, choose the file headless_manifest.mf, select Add custom Manifest value (merge)
    5. Select Development Mode, do not select sign!
    6. Press Package

Step 3
    Make sure, that you have transferred the developer token to your device. Then transfer the BAR file to your Blackberry.

That's it. Just open and close the app once to make it work. Tested with Lync 2013!

Attachment 241551

Attachment 238961
    I see your manifest almost same as xsacha manifest, except you don't add _sys_use_consumer_push

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 04:26 PM
    I see your manifest almost same as xsacha manifest, except you don't add _sys_use_consumer_push

Posted via CB10
    Will it enable push notifications????

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-16-14 08:26 PM
    Will it enable push notifications????

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    I can't be so sure, bcoz u see up there, even when they add the entry system point into the apps, some of them not work as expected, i mean even when you add autostart system point, some apps don't autostart, so same as this consumer push, but if you want to try, feel free to try

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:33 AM
    This is cool and all but I don't have a PC
    Can we mac users get some love too?

Posted via CB10
    I can make it for you the converter, but I can't make you the debug token, since I use another program to produce the debugtoken

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:39 AM
    I can make it for you the converter, but I can't make you the debug token, since I use another program to produce the debugtoken

Posted via CB10
    Thanks sir

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:35 PM
    You don't need a debug token to sideload Snap. Or what are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 12:49 AM
    Hi, i've tried to modyfy manifest but didn't got any luck with facebook messenger 3.3.1 release. Don-t work in background neighder in active frame. Doesn't give any notifications

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:35 AM
    if you want to use a menu system like this for Mac or Linux here is a quick script i wrote to work with this package. i dont use Mac but Mac OSX uses bash so it should work. you may have to chmod +X ./bin/* to get the comands to be executable. hope that helps a bit

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/b...lackberry+menu
    02-23-14 11:52 AM
    This method works on path and Line app?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 03:57 PM
    Hello,

I am currently working on the Telegram for Blackberry app. (The port of the android sources)
    This approach works fine when deployed on a local device.
    But I noticed that you suggest in step 5.2 to package the app without signing it, probably because of:
    Code:
    Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_android_rrr] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.
    Do you know how to solve this problem? I think I cannot release an App via the BlackBerry World without signing it.
    spiculated likes this.
    03-01-14 11:42 AM
    Hello,

I am currently working on the Telegram for Blackberry app. (The port of the android sources)
    But I noticed that you suggest in step 5.2 to package the app without signing it, probably because of:
    Code:
    Error: Code signing request failed because [_sys_android_rrr] in Entry-Point-System-Actions is not allowed.
    Do you know how to solve this problem? I think I cannot release an App via the BlackBerry World without signing it.
    I think that's sort of the point. BlackBerry won't allow you to release this, since it's not your work.
    03-01-14 12:36 PM
    Hello,

Code:
    If I am not mistaken, haven't you already submitted the app and got approved? Isn't this your app?
    How to make Android Apps work in headless mode (as Skype)-img_20140301_194415.png

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-01-14 12:50 PM
    I think that's sort of the point. BlackBerry won't allow you to release this, since it's not your work.
    Well, actually they do. Telegram for BlackBerry is already signed and released. This is not a problem due to the open source license of the original telegram app. My problem is, that I cannot sign the BAR with the modified manifest file and without signing I cannot re-release it in the BlackBerry World. Maybe somebody has already dealt with similar issues?

If I am not mistaken, haven't you already submitted the app and got approved? Isn't this your app?
    Yes it is, but the first release has no "headless capabilites".
    spiculated and Bilaal like this.
    03-01-14 12:51 PM
    You can request signing Keys with headless support from Blackberry. There is a official process described on the dev homepage.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:10 PM
    Well, actually they do. Telegram for BlackBerry is already signed and released. This is not a problem due to the open source license of the original telegram app.
    Doh! Forgot telegram was open source.
    03-01-14 02:09 PM
    This works awesome! But, is there anyway to make an android app to push the incoming notifications to the hub? For example, Skype will send a notification when there is an alert. I came across an app that wont push anything to the hub even though it is running headless.

Edit:

Here is what the wrn is saying:

Missing PUSH configuration file: com.gogii.textplus.cfg :impact=3

is there anyway to fix this? I'm going to assume no but if anyone can confirm that would be nice.
    Last edited by s_korber@hotmail.com; 03-06-14 at 01:27 PM.
    03-06-14 11:15 AM
    Cobalt

Did you get voice and video working with Lync 2013?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:51 AM
    This works awesome! But, is there anyway to make an android app to push the incoming notifications to the hub? For example, Skype will send a notification when there is an alert. I came across an app that wont push anything to the hub even though it is running headless.

Edit:

Here is what the wrn is saying:

Missing PUSH configuration file: com.gogii.textplus.cfg :impact=3

is there anyway to fix this? I'm going to assume no but if anyone can confirm that would be nice.
    I can confirm that some apps do work and some don't. Not sure why there is a difference. I assume that it has to to with the Google push Service.
    03-11-14 08:06 AM
    Cobalt

Did you get voice and video working with Lync 2013?

Posted via CB10
    I could not get voice working, but as I only require IM and presence I'm fine with that.
    03-11-14 08:07 AM
    can you make video tutorial?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 02:34 AM
    I have a little problem. Convert 2 apps (vk.com and mandarin). Both are working in headless, but after 5-10 min it seems to be shut down. Why?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 01:17 PM
    Hello,
    I might be missing something but my "Keystore" password seems to be wrong, could be as I am not quite sure what that is any help would be appreciated?!
    03-21-14 11:13 AM
    You can request signing Keys with headless support from Blackberry. There is a official process described on the dev homepage.

Posted via CB10
    How? Can u give me a links?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:00 PM
    hello i've trided to make facebook messenger headless but no luck
    05-04-14 11:14 AM
    Really

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:43 PM
91 1234