Hi,
    Please tell me how did you install cm12 in bb z10?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    I swear people don't read.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-10-15 11:52 AM
    I swear people don't read.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    If they even can.
    11-10-15 12:14 PM

I would love to remove the Tablet OS that is no longer being supported and install KitKat on to a PlayBook. The hardware is more than capable of running KitKat, but can I do that? Nope, because I don't really own that hardware.
    But neither does BlackBerry.

They stopped supporting tablet os and the playbook (unfortunately) so how would BlackBerry still own it? Then again, you're openly the door to hackers.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    Last edited by Rare BlackBerry Fan; 12-07-15 at 10:25 AM.
    12-07-15 03:48 AM
    You can't do it. Like I already said, daddy BlackBerry won't allow the switching of operating systems to happen on their hardware. Your Z10 is stuck with whatever BlackBerry decides to give it. So your best bet would probably be to sell the Z10 for however much you can get and then buy a Android device.
    And then you are stuck with whatever android rom the manufacturer releases for the phone

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 04:10 AM
    And then you are stuck with whatever android rom the manufacturer releases for the phone

Posted via CB10
    He roots his Android phones which allows him to install any custom ROM from many of the custom ROM developers, or he can install leaked versions of the latest beta versions of Android by Google.
    You should checkout XDA-Developers forum for more info.
    Witmen likes this.
    12-07-15 04:56 AM
    He roots his Android phones which allows him to install any custom ROM from many of the custom ROM developers, or he can install leaked versions of the latest beta versions of Android by Google.
    You should checkout XDA-Developers forum for more info.
    XDA increases the value of the platform in ways hard to explain.
    Witmen likes this.
    12-07-15 06:06 AM
    XDA increases the value of the platform in ways hard to explain.
    Every Android phone I have owned I rooted and ran custom roms. There are very good developers out there.
    12-07-15 10:16 AM
    Sorry you can't get android on your phone. The screen is also 1:1 which does not work with Android. However, there is the priv.

'it all started with the  Priv...'
    12-07-15 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I personally wouldn't get stuck. I refuse to purchase a Android device with a locked down bootloader. That's the only reason I do not have a Priv right now.

Android is open source. So if it came down to it I can (and have) build my own Android ROMs directly from AOSP. So when I buy a Android device, I honestly don't even consider the software/bloatware it runs or whether or not the company who makes it will support the hardware with frequent updates. I just look at the hardware specs and check to see if the bootloader is unlockable. As long as a phone has that, I know it will have the latest version of Android for as long as I'm interested in keeping it updated.

Depending on any Android OEM for software updates is something I am unwilling to do.
    12-07-15 09:45 PM
    I personally wouldn't get stuck. I refuse to purchase a Android device with a locked down bootloader. That's the only reason I do not have a Priv right now.

Android is open source. So if it came down to it I can (and have) build my own Android ROMs directly from AOSP. So when I buy a Android device, I honestly don't even consider the software/bloatware it runs or whether or not the company who makes it will support the hardware with frequent updates. I just look at the hardware specs and check to see if the bootloader is unlockable. As long as a phone has that, I know it will have the latest version of Android for as long as I'm interested in keeping it updated.

Depending on any Android OEM for software updates is something I am unwilling to do.
    Hear, hear!

I completely agree. I refuse to be beholden to carriers or even OEMs if I can help it.

That's why I consider the ability to root to be an anchor feature for my daily driver.
    Laura Knotek and Witmen like this.
    12-07-15 10:18 PM
    Could you provide manual or link to it? I cannot find it on Google
    12-25-15 04:45 AM
    Link to what?
    12-26-15 05:00 AM
    I own BlackBerry for what it's known for. I like it the way it is. The fact that you can't manipulate it very much is part of its promise.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    12-26-15 02:11 PM
    So, you are saying no one owns their apple hardware either right?

How about your microwave oven, own it? You can't change the way it operates or upgrade it to call you when your food is cooked

How about your sneakers? Can you change the size when your foot grows?

Lame argument. People buying a BlackBerry would know you can't install other software on it.

Back to your pc example, can you install ios9 on it? Can you change the bios of the motherboard to that of a different manufacturer?

Nice try to be a basher

Posted via CB10
    I made my Fiero a Ferrari

Posted via CB10
    12-27-15 09:39 PM
    Here.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    12-28-15 10:50 AM
    Well it is impossible..thread closed
    12-28-15 10:58 AM
41 12