Hello,

I have a BlackBerry Classic, because it was the upgrade to my 9900.... However I don't recall having crap that needs all kinds of permissions. I want to destroy everything that has to do with amazon on my BlackBerry. How to? I know it's integrated and stuff, I still want to get rid of the Android store.
    09-09-15 04:34 PM
    Hello,

I have a BlackBerry Classic, because it was the upgrade to my 9900.... However I don't recall having crap that needs all kinds of permissions. I want to destroy everything that has to do with amazon on my BlackBerry. How to? I know it's integrated and stuff, I still want to get rid of the Android store.
    Pretty much you would have to wipe and autoloader an OS build that was before Amazon App Store was bundled.
    However, if you are already on an OS 10.3.2.500 or higher, the above is not possible.
    09-09-15 05:42 PM
    Hello,

Unless you have opened it and gone through the initial install of the app, which is what it will do the first time you tap on it, it is simply an icon that triggers the installation of the Amazon App Store apk. It doesn't affect your device until installed. The icon however, as far as I know, can not be removed from your device, as it is hard coded into the OS.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    09-09-15 06:13 PM
    Unless you have opened it and gone through the initial install of the app, which is what it will do the first time you tap on it, it is simply an icon that triggers the installation of the Amazon App Store apk. It doesn't affect your device until installed. The icon however, as far as I know, can not be removed from your device, as it is hard coded into the OS.

It actually does, it is there for starters, and secondly when I delete it with Darcy's BB Tool, it gets right back after restart.... I really want this crap out of my life.
    09-10-15 03:37 AM
    However, if you are already on an OS 10.3.2.500 or higher, the above is not possible.
    Which is the case, since 10.3.2 brings the Amazon Store app.

Hence, there's not much if anything one can do to get rid of them.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:00 AM
    It actually does, it is there for starters, and secondly when I delete it with Darcy's BB Tool, it gets right back after restart.... I really want this crap out of my life.
    I have both the Amazon App Store and the Amazon Store app on my device. I initially had opened and installed them, but found them to be more or less useless to me, so I used an Android Uninstaller app to uninstal them. The icons remain, but the app itself is uninstalled from my device. I checked after with the device monitor app, and those two apps were no longer running on my device. You can not get rid of the icons, but you can uninstal the apps so they're not running in the background anymore.

09-10-15 07:58 AM
    Just don't open them and hide them in a folder. Shoot the folder to your last page. Not difficult.
    09-10-15 08:05 AM
    I have both the Amazon App Store and the Amazon Store app on my device. I initially had opened and installed them, but found them to be more or less useless to me, so I used an Android Uninstaller app to uninstal them. The icons remain, but the app itself is uninstalled from my device. I checked after with the device monitor app, and those two apps were no longer running on my device. You can not get rid of the icons, but you can uninstal the apps so they're not running in the background anymore.

oldsoul123, which app did you use to uninstall them?
    Or is that the name of the app "Android Uninstaller"?
    09-10-15 08:11 AM
    oldsoul123, which app did you use to uninstall them?
    Or is that the name of the app "Android Uninstaller"?
    I'm afraid I can't remember how name of the app. There are a number of them that will do the job. So long as the apps main function is safely uninstalling apps, then if should work. Just pick the free one with the most stars! In fact the one I used, I installed off of Amazon App Store, and once it was done doing it's thing it sent a error message saying that the app required Amazon Store to be installed on my device, and closed itself, so I deleted it.

DaFoxGrey likes this.
    09-10-15 04:03 PM