The recent update of popular Snap app (ver. 2.0) allows you to install previously purchased apps on your BB10 device. This means that you can install paid apps which you have previously purchased within your google account on a different Android device.

Now, for those who do not own an Android device but would like to purchase paid apps to use them on BB10 device there is a free sofware called Bluestacks (BlueStacks) which allows you to install and use Android apps on pc and mac. If you install Bluestacks on your computer and purchase the apps from Google Play store through Bluestacks they will appear in the Snap and you will be able to see them in the "Available" section of "My Apps" tab and you can install them from there. Just make sure you are using the same google account in Bluestacks and Snap.

Please remember to donate the developer of Snap is you find his work useful to support further development of this excellent app.You can find a donate button at the bottom of this post by Snap's developer: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/
    02-02-14 05:45 PM
    Bluestacks is AFAIK an Android 2.3 implementation (at least when I used it some months ago).
    Does that mean app released for Android 4.0+ is not available then?
    02-02-14 06:04 PM
    Bluestacks is AFAIK an Android 2.3 implementation (at least when I used it some months ago).
    Does that mean app released for Android 4.0+ is not available then?
    It was updated to 4.0

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    02-02-14 06:07 PM
    Unfortunately, since updating Snap today, I installed one paid app from my Google Play account and it installed fine and ran well but after about 5 minutes I got a pop up window that said it could not verify my license and I could not longer use the app. I went into my Google play account on my computer and checked my Devices and it showed my Q10 licensed today but it shows the carrier as TMOBILE, and I'm with Sprint! I ended up deleting the app. Do you know what is happening with the different carrier?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 06:10 PM
    Sorry to hear you ran into a problem. I have installed a couple of apps and they worked fine. Was the app you installed somehow carrier related? Can you let is know what app it was?

It probably makes sense to start a list of paid apps that do not work on bb10 before people start wasting their money.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 07:31 PM
    It is Palmary Weather Premium and is not tied to a carrier. What is weird is that there was also a Q10 in my Devices on Google Play that was licensed in January, when I originally installed Snap and it did show my carrier as Sprint, which is correct. I am mystified as to why the current Q10 in my Devices shows a carrier of T-Mobile??

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:33 PM
    Heck you don't even need bluestacks, unless you want the APK.

I purchased three apps from the Google Play's website today, then opened up Snap and boom all three were ready to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    gschep likes this.
    02-02-14 09:03 PM
    Wow, have not even considered that possible! Thanks and great news!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:57 AM
    Heck you don't even need bluestacks, unless you want the APK.

I purchased three apps from the Google Play's website today, then opened up Snap and boom all three were ready to be downloaded.

Posted via CB10
    You would want to ensure that the apps work before you purchase though.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:43 AM
    You would want to ensure that the apps work before you purchase though.

Posted via CB10
    If i lose .99$ or what have you to a game, i'm really not hurt and i haven't really wasted my time.
    If i was buying some big production sweet for $20 plus, then yeah i'd do some research.

i can see your point though, the majority of people would want to ensure that the app works given the circumstances.
    02-03-14 07:04 AM
    I hit the same problem with both Copilot and Tomtom yesterday, luckily I got refunds. Other than some complex tinkering I do not think there is a way around it unless the apps appear on the Amazon store.

A list of apps that 'phone home' once installed would be useful, although with googles 15 minute refund policy at least trial and error will not cost anything!
    02-03-14 04:22 PM
    I know construction master pro calls home.
    Minecraft works after purchasing on Google play.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:44 PM
    Having issues with construction master pro,

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:31 PM
    Could someone maybe know how to resolve my issue. I installed the Eye in the Sky weather app on my phone with Snap. It works perfectly and I love this app and had purchased the Pro version when I had a droid. I found the Pro version in Snap and clicked to install it and every time I click on Open Installer, the installer crashes. I found out that it isn't a separate app but a Pro activation key which somehow unlocks the free version (which I still had installed) is there anything I can do to get that Pro key installed?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:17 PM
    Could someone maybe know how to resolve my issue. I installed the Eye in the Sky weather app on my phone with Snap. It works perfectly and I love this app and had purchased the Pro version when I had a droid. I found the Pro version in Snap and clicked to install it and every time I click on Open Installer, the installer crashes. I found out that it isn't a separate app but a Pro activation key which somehow unlocks the free version (which I still had installed) is there anything I can do to get that Pro key installed?

Posted via CB10
    Hi I have exactly the same with "Solid Explorer". It's a fantastic file manager. However you can use the free version for a limited time, afterwards you need to buy the additional unlocker. I bought it on the google play website and it's available as well in snap. However it crashes when I try to install.
    02-08-14 09:53 AM