06-24-15 03:48 PM
421 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hey everyone!

I've read most of the thread but can't for the life of me figure out how to get Gmail to work. I'm running 10.2.1.1055 (installed it today). All apps provided in post number #7 were installed successfully. I can open Gmail just fine, but it doesn't sync. When I try connecting to my Google account (also tried browsed sign-in) I always get the "There was a problem communicating with Google servers" error.

Some of you mentioned that creating a new Google account helps, but, I really need my existing one to work. Have any of you gotten an existing Gmail account to sync and work correctly?

PS: The "Google Settings" app works great. I can see my account stats from that app - that one seems to be synced with the server.

Thanks!
    11-19-13 03:08 PM
    Try deleting the apps and especially Google play services. Reboot your phone. Then reinstall all from post #7 and open Gmail first. You'll have to sign in through there and it should go fine.

Then you may have to go to ghost commander and open the Google settings app. Tap and hold it and select "launch settings". Go down to accounts, Google, then select the "sync"option. Gmail should show checked for syncing. Unchecked that and then re-check it. You should now have a notification in your hub to allow settings. Open that and then allow.

At this point it should just take a few minutes for Gmail to sync, UT it should work fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 04:38 PM
    Ok I've tried on my device.
    not sure why do u choose to login via browser though. I just simply login. without using browser.
    Because the default method was only showing the password field, no input for email address, but it doesn't matter, I tried both ways and it wasn't working, I fixed it later with another Runtime version.
    11-19-13 04:44 PM
    The Google Play Music is not letting me log in. I downloaded the APK that you had here. Am I missing something?
    11-19-13 05:33 PM
    The Google Play Music is not letting me log in. I downloaded the APK that you had here. Am I missing something?
    You shouldn't have to log in. It should already be logged in via your Google account. Follow the steps in my last post about 3 posts above. That should get it to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 07:56 PM
    So what is the latest? Can the OP please update post #1 with the latest developments? It is really hard to figure out what is going on from all the posts. I've read the whole thing and I still don't know what the newest most complete setup is.

Posted by many monkeys on typewriters
    11-20-13 01:31 AM
    Try deleting the apps and especially Google play services. Reboot your phone. Then reinstall all from post #7 and open Gmail first. You'll have to sign in through there and it should go fine.

Then you may have to go to ghost commander and open the Google settings app. Tap and hold it and select "launch settings". Go down to accounts, Google, then select the "sync"option. Gmail should show checked for syncing. Unchecked that and then re-check it. You should now have a notification in your hub to allow settings. Open that and then allow.

At this point it should just take a few minutes for Gmail to sync, UT it should work fine.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you so much! I read those instructions inside the thread the earlier but thought they weren't applied to me since I'm doing this for the first time (why uninstall something I just installed)?

Anyway, using your method I managed to access the setting and enable sync. The emails did load initially, but the sync isn't working very well. It's basically syncing all the time. Sometimes it syncs fine, sometimes it takes forever to sync.

I'll do one more restart and hope for the best. I'm surprised there are no decent Gmail apps for BlackBerry. I know you can use Gmail with the built in email client, but that doesn't support aliases, which I'm sure lots of people have.

In any case, thanks again mate!

Posted via CB10
    dablessing likes this.
    11-20-13 01:54 AM
    Thank you so much! I read those instructions inside the thread the earlier but thought they weren't applied to me since I'm doing this for the first time (why uninstall something I just installed)?

Anyway, using your method I managed to access the setting and enable sync. The emails did load initially, but the sync isn't working very well. It's basically syncing all the time. Sometimes it syncs fine, sometimes it takes forever to sync.

I'll do one more restart and hope for the best. I'm surprised there are no decent Gmail apps for BlackBerry. I know you can use Gmail with the built in email client, but that doesn't support aliases, which I'm sure lots of people have.

In any case, thanks again mate!

Posted via CB10
    I loaded GMAIL and its forever showing the following:

Waiting for sync
    Your email will appear shortly
    11-20-13 02:34 AM

Waiting for sync
    Go to notifications and see that google account manager is asking you the permission to allow the gmail app to read your gmails
    11-20-13 03:28 AM

Waiting for sync
    RESOLVED USING ADVICE BY @damien kupuku
    11-20-13 04:40 AM
    Darn, I had it working before and had to wipe my phone. Now I can sign in and all, but says no connection when I try to get any of my activities or data.

I appreciate that the community is working on things like this.
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000904.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:10 AM
    Darn, I had it working before and had to wipe my phone. Now I can sign in and all, but says no connection when I try to get any of my activities or data.
    Which Runtime version are you running? This error occured on my Z10 when I tested previous 10.2.1.xxx leaks, it is fixed on 1055 and worked as well on older 10.2.0.xxx leaks. But just in case - try switching flight mode off and on again, it might help.
    11-20-13 02:53 PM
    don't know if it can help, but I've faced the same issue.
    I previously posted this n00b thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ght=larbalette
    and I was instructed that it was a well known issue not to be able to connect to any Google account !
    I found this thread, and then I installed the content of gmaps.zip posted by our incredible moneytoo...
    and I faced the same issue than most of you : impossible to connect to Google server...

After trying and trying, looking for a reason why I couldn't reach Google's servers, I realised (but I'm not able to remind how I get there) that the Wifi (seen by the Google parameters app) was not "active".
    The page I was on showed me a button on the OFF position for the WiFi.
    I turned it on : and then, I was able to connect to my Google account !!

If I can reproduce how to get there, I'll post it.
    11-20-13 03:58 PM
    I want to install live wallpaper on my Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055. APK can be downloaded, but can not run. Are there any special settings? If it can be installed certainly very amazing. Is there a solution?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 07:21 PM
    don't know if it can help, but I've faced the same issue.
    I previously posted this n00b thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ght=larbalette
    and I was instructed that it was a well known issue not to be able to connect to any Google account !
    I found this thread, and then I installed the content of gmaps.zip posted by our incredible moneytoo...
    and I faced the same issue than most of you : impossible to connect to Google server...

After trying and trying, looking for a reason why I couldn't reach Google's servers, I realised (but I'm not able to remind how I get there) that the Wifi (seen by the Google parameters app) was not "active".
    The page I was on showed me a button on the OFF position for the WiFi.
    I turned it on : and then, I was able to connect to my Google account !!

If I can reproduce how to get there, I'll post it.
    That was likely the android settings screen. You can get there from ghost commander>applications>android settings(tap and hold settings to "launch settings"). The android Wifi and blue tooth tabs are tied to the blackberry Wifi and blue tooth triggers. So if you have Wifi or blue tooth turned off from the BlackBerry settings and then turn one of those on under android settings, then that in turn triggers on the Blackberry Wifi or blue tooth settings. So that shouldn't have had much to do with it I wouldn't imaginr,but glad it works for you!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:32 PM
    I know that it sounds strange, but I can affirm than my blackberry WiFi was turned ON and the android settings Wifi was turned off.
    And now, my account appears correctly under Google Maps, but when I try to access to my private maps, again I have these connections problems (although I'm connected to wifi, evidence of it is that public maps are loaded correctly) : I would bet that it is this "strange" Wifi thing which is playing with me !

So now I really need to do it again (go to android settings and check the Wifi trigger)

BUT I cannot !
    I'm not able to reproduce the way I did it.

And I don't know what is this "ghost commander" you've indicated. Where can I find it ? Am I supposed to have sideloaded something else on top of Google Play services, LoginService and maps ?
    11-21-13 01:09 AM
    OK, after searching Internet, I found out what was Ghost commander (great tool by the way !)
    Here are my screenshots of my apps listing (http links) : I don't find the Android settings entry...
    Can you tell me in the list which one it is ? Or maybe there is something not installed on my BB ?
    IMG94.png
    IMG95.png
    IMG96.png
    IMG97.png
    IMG98.png
    IMG99.png
    IMG100.png
    IMG101.png
    IMG102.png
    IMG103.png
    IMG104.png
    IMG105.png
    IMG106.png
    11-21-13 05:13 AM
    Can anyone assist, how can i get Nike Running or Adidas mi coach on my Z10 - they just crash when I try to run them: Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 09:03 AM
    OK, after searching Internet, I found out what was Ghost commander (great tool by the way !)
    Here are my screenshots of my apps listing (http links) : I don't find the Android settings entry...
    Can you tell me in the list which one it is ? Or maybe there is something not installed on my BB ?
    IMG94.png
    IMG95.png
    IMG96.png
    IMG97.png
    IMG98.png
    IMG99.png
    IMG100.png
    IMG101.png
    IMG102.png
    IMG103.png
    IMG104.png
    IMG105.png
    IMG106.png
    I'm not sure why its not there, it should be there. It should look identical to the one in your IMG104.png file that says "Stockage des Parametres" but should likely only say "Parametres" and underneath should only say com.android.settings.

What I think could be the issue is the fact that I don't believe you are running the new Leaked 10.2.1.1055 with the "open Runtime". Looks like per your thread you started, you just sideloaded an unlocked version of the runtime. I'm not positive, but I'm betting that version doesn't have the Settings android file included. You can sideload the android settings file I believe and it would work. But you won't be able to get Google login services working on that runtime you are currently running.

I'd suggest wiping and loading the 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS and then you should be able to follow the procedures i listed in post #177 of this thread. At that point, you should be able to go into Ghost Commander and settings should be there then and the rest should be easy.
    11-21-13 10:16 AM
    Ok. Will give a look about your suggestion and will keep you updated.
    Thanks a lot for your help !
    11-21-13 12:48 PM
    So has anybody not on 10.2.1 got Google maps 7.0+ to work properly? There was one person who claimed they got it, but most others say they get the network connection error. I fall in that camp .

But 6.14.4 works well .
    11-22-13 08:39 AM
    I'm unable to get to the Settings because I cannot get past the attack stage in the "tutorial" on my Q10. However you might try loading this patched version of Clash of Clans https://mega.co.nz/#!Dh4nhDBT!EnvtBB...4nIVw_YNiXANto
    Install Google Play services from this thread as well.
    Try zooming in by enabling the accessibility options on your q10 and then click what needs to be clicked. And then try again. It worked for me.
    If I install the patched clash of clans, will it delete my game progress?

Posted via my Solid Q10!
    11-22-13 09:27 AM
    So has anybody not on 10.2.1 got Google maps 7.0+ to work properly? There was one person who claimed they got it, but most others say they get the network connection error. I fall in that camp .

But 6.14.4 works well .

6.14.4 (or 3) is apparently the best version(s) to get. I guess things went downhill after those versions were released.. features started getting cut out, etc.
    11-22-13 09:41 AM
    Can anyone assist, how can i get Nike Running or Adidas mi coach on my Z10 - they just crash when I try to run them: Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055

Posted via CB10
    I managed to get micoach running on my Q using instructions from another thread that gave directions on how to decompile the apk, remove the Google maps dependency, and recompile. Link follows to download my recompiled version. Let me know if it works.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv2rr0j7pj...eak-signed.apk

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    11-22-13 11:54 AM
    i tried installing the files from post#7, the google service and the gmail and the settings.. all worked fine, however the Clash of Clans game did not recognize that I have a gmail account on my device. I am going to try sideloading the patched one now and try again, waiting for my backup to finish though, not going to risk losing my progress in the game.
    11-22-13 12:48 PM
421 ... 678910 ...