06-24-15 03:48 PM
421 ... 14151617
tools
    I have continued to email them, but no more replies. Its dumb

-
    07-21-14 07:09 AM
    Can't track the users without Google services! All hail Google!

I don't get how iPhone can have a version but there can't be an android version that isn't tethered to Google services.
    07-21-14 07:42 AM
    You sign in to your google account to use it, you have to do the maps workaround. I 'think' it's the emulator argument, but my Q10 is listed at compatible device on play store. So arguing with them

-
    07-21-14 09:12 AM
    Can't track the users without Google services! All hail Google!

I don't get how iPhone [......].
    And... you made your point! I'll use this in my new complaint against them!

Thanks for the angle!

My BB Z10 is also listed as supported on their Google Store...
    07-21-14 03:49 PM
    The "supported on Google play store argument" is in reality totally useless. Maybe they'll fall for it.

The reason why that listing is there in the first place is because the developer of snap was clever enough to make your z10 appear as an android phone with certain specs that also meet the requirements of the game (screen res, android version, etc). The device isn't actually supported.
    07-21-14 04:14 PM
    The "supported on Google play store argument" is in reality totally useless. Maybe they'll fall for it.

The reason why that listing is there in the first place is because the developer of snap was clever enough to make your z10 appear as an android phone with certain specs that also meet the requirements of the game (screen res, android version, etc). The device isn't actually supported.
    Yes that may be the case, but googles own store lists as such, so how am I going against their terms when I have devices they're own site lists as ok.

-
    07-22-14 01:36 AM
    Yes that may be the case, but googles own store lists as such, so how am I going against their terms when I have devices they're own site lists as ok.

-
    Because you provided false information to google's store. That's like saying "how can I be lying when the person I brainwashed agrees with me?".
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-22-14 06:27 AM
    Actually we are not lying to them.

Their conditions specify that you need an Android capable device... version above 2.2...

It's in their conditions.

They don't specify android os.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 03:05 PM
    Android capable device, there you go. That automatically qualifies our phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 03:42 PM
    Their conditions specify that you need an Android capable device... version above 2.2...
    You're cherry-picking one condition, it would be similar to justifying pirating a copy of Microsoft Windows by saying that your computer met the minimum requirements for Windows.
    07-22-14 09:18 PM
    The entire point of Ingress is to farm walking data to build walking maps. So Google has a set of requirements designed so that users don't inadvertently (or purposely) poison the well. Unfortunately emulators (which is what Google undoubtedly considers BlackBerry 10) fall outside their acceptable use.

I think it is terrible policy on Google's part to cause trouble for BlackBerry 10 users, but it is what it is.
    mornhavon likes this.
    07-26-14 12:16 PM
    Anyway, the page changed since the iOS version

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 09:48 AM
    Just thought I would let people know, I got my account reinstated today after being banned for playing on a BB. They never addressed my question about playing on a BB though and left it at "dont use unauthorized software or your account will be permanently banned" , so i guess im just not playing for the moment
    08-04-14 05:32 PM
    Just thought I would let people know, I got my account reinstated today after being banned for playing on a BB. They never addressed my question about playing on a BB though and left it at "dont use unauthorized software or your account will be permanently banned" , so i guess im just not playing for the moment
    That was the first warning I got, I never got clarification.

-
    08-04-14 05:45 PM
    Anyone able to patch google_play_services_5.0.89_1307510-038 successfully? And anyone else testing on the 10.3 OS Beta?
    08-15-14 08:12 AM
    Anyone able to patch google_play_services_5.0.89_1307510-038 successfully? And anyone else testing on the 10.3 OS Beta?
    You are a bit late to the party

The latest version of GMaps patcher is able to patch Google Play services 5.x.

Get it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

PS: and yes, it works with Blackberry OS 10.3
    08-15-14 08:19 AM
    Actually we are not lying to them.

It's in their conditions.

They don't specify android os.

Posted via CB10
    An Android device thats part of the Open handset alliance.. Alliance Members | Open Handset Alliance
    08-17-14 03:29 PM
    The entire point of Ingress is to farm walking data to build walking maps. So Google has a set of requirements designed so that users don't inadvertently (or purposely) poison the well. Unfortunately emulators (which is what Google undoubtedly considers BlackBerry 10) fall outside their acceptable use.

I think it is terrible policy on Google's part to cause trouble for BlackBerry 10 users, but it is what it is.
    Why do you think its a terrible policy? BB doesnt have to follow the guidelines of the OHA, so they can do whatever they want to Android. Google is protecting that very premise that having an heavily modified version of Android wont be part of any statistical data ever. ie.. Android activations, Android versions stats, mapping data etc... It makes complete sense to me. Any company would want to control intrusion of unvalidated data.
    mornhavon likes this.
    08-17-14 03:35 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Garmin Smartphone link app to work?

I have tried using the stuff in this thread and from the lucky patcher thread and windows gmaps patcher thread.

The app asks for a google account. How do I fix that part so it bypasses the google account pop up and access the 'free' stuff, and leave the premium things which need the google account to purchase?

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20140831_233108.png
    09-01-14 12:37 AM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the Garmin Smartphone link app to work?

I have tried using the stuff in this thread and from the lucky patcher thread and windows gmaps patcher thread.

The app asks for a google account. How do I fix that part so it bypasses the google account pop up and access the 'free' stuff, and leave the premium things which need the google account to purchase?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140831_233108.png 
Views:	889 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	294981
    You must have Google Login Services installed on your phone.

Download it here.

Important: Don't try to login directly from the installed Login app. Just run your Garmin app and it will then ask to Login.
    09-01-14 07:39 AM
    That is a text file for a visa app.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 10:04 AM
    That is a text file for a visa app.

Posted via CB10
    Uhh ahhh sorry

Here
    09-01-14 10:21 AM
    ok, installed the Google account manager, same error. Now get the same pop up no accounts found, but also get 'Authentication failed' popup as well. No option to login or add an account.
    09-01-14 10:34 AM
    My account was also reinstated about a month after the initial ban. Same response as you.
    I've have since started playing on an Android device.
    Now that the 10.3 leak is out, I may try it again on my Z10.
    09-01-14 10:52 AM
    ok, installed the Google account manager, same error. Now get the same pop up no accounts found, but also get 'Authentication failed' popup as well. No option to login or add an account.
    Then do the following: Download Google Maps from Snap, run it, go to options and log in from there.
    09-01-14 11:04 AM
421 ... 14151617