looks like there's a new version of GMS out there (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms) so I've been getting the "this app needs Google Play Services" error.

Tried converting it through barinstall and others but getting a failure -8 error. Anyone else experiencing this, or been able to convert and deploy this new version of GMS?

Thanks
    11-07-13 09:11 AM
    Is it possible to enable push notifications like on android? My sideloaded Tapatalk can send notifications to the HUB, so theoretically Ingress should be able to do so too, shouldn't it?
    As Ingress uses C2DM, it's something I want to fix eventually with GSF. I replicated the same issue when installing packages into data partition in Android emulator and it really seems like permission issue due to not granted privileges (access to secure storage, reading logs or something else). I will dig into it once I will have some time.

@m86
    New fixed Google Play services apk is here: https://mega.co.nz/#!uxxjXCJC!TG9IuX...WTbUO9bjtaEgL8
    11-07-13 11:16 AM
    thanks @moneytoo!
    11-07-13 03:36 PM
    How can I play subwaysurfer with frinds on facebook?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 09:32 PM
    Can you please post some instructions on what to do in order to get the google services working for games like clash of clans?
    Thank you

Posted via my Solid Q10!
    11-08-13 06:03 PM
    latest version of ingress is working on latest OS version and fixed android runtime from BBworld. (everything was installed using debug token)

it's difficult to say what worked and how. from Ingress.zip file, I installed Gmail onto my device. This turned out to be a dud and did nothing, though it did install. (it simply said Waiting for Sync, and sat like that forever). Also attempted to install Google Play services, and GoogleLoginService. Installer choked on both. However, I had an altered Google Play services apk already installed for another purpose.. but things did not work at first. Once I deleted the Google Play services apk that I had already installed previously, everything worked. I was left with 2 icons (both with some shapes in a triangle formation), one titled Google Account, the other titled Google Settings. Google Settings is likely something to do with Google Play services. I don't know what formed the Google Account app, lol. As much as I can see, I deleted Gmail and Google Play services, and GoogleLoginService was rejected outright. Yet somehow Ingress works... (and I never did use the version of Ingress in the zip file, I used the newest version off Play store)

Unfortunately to get Ingress to work, I ended up making another game (paid) not work, saying license invalid.. *sigh*

GMS refuses to install.. I am sure it *was* installed at one point, not sure what changed that it is no longer accepted...

oh and Hangouts says my version of services isn't compatible with my device... it doesn't crash, though, so it's a start..
    Last edited by BennyX; 11-08-13 at 07:49 PM.
    11-08-13 07:24 PM
    @rocah: Had the same problem with GMail, then I opened Google account settings via Ghost Manager, unchecked mail in the list of synced items, rechecked and after that a window appeared asking for permission and after confirming it started working in a minute or two.
    Also Ingress was associating with wrong address because previously I tried to create a new GMail account when I wasn't able to log in via my regular one, so I had to uninstall and reinstall Ingress and now it works perfectly, just hacked my first few portals

The only minor problem left for me is GMaps. In settings it shows that I am logged in, but I don't see my saved favourite points (stars) and can't add a new one. Already tried reinstalling with no success, but it's just a minor issue for me, I don't need it that much.
    Thank you , i just follow your instructions everything works perfect, nice found
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20131152.png How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20131153.png
    Last edited by damien kupuku; 11-08-13 at 08:44 PM.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    11-08-13 08:16 PM
    @Benny X using Ghost commander (appworld) open it, at the right side scroll down you wil see Applications open it, scroll again down till you get Android setting hold on it and pop-up will ask you to open it and go to your accouts sync uncheck gmail sync, try to open the app (gmail) after that go In the hub you will see a notification asking for permission to let Gmail app working on your device, open it and check yes, don't mind on the window asking you to log again in your gmail account, but open again Ghost commander and check yes the gmail to sync wait 1 min, your app will fully works

Attachment 218635 Attachment 218636
    11-08-13 08:40 PM
    Anyone else experiencing forced closes of newest Ingress? The old one one had to start a few times, but the new one starts and says "Ingress was terminated". I tried it several times then, but only a restart helps. After a few working starts, same thing happens again. Weird.
    I also noticed, that an unchanged ingress.apk right from the store also works once you did all that login/playservices stuff. So no need to manipulate ingress.apk. Because i thought the original one does not need to start that often (sadly it does), i tried it out and it works perfectly.

Sent with my ZeeTen using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rocah360; 11-09-13 at 12:32 PM.
    11-09-13 02:34 AM
    hi... when I open the attachment like pictures from my Gmail.. the image could not load.. any advice please.. tq
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20131160.png

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 02:55 AM
    Thank you , i just follow your instructions everything works perfect, nice found
    No problem, glad it helped

hi... when I open the attachment like pictures from my Gmail.. the image could not load.. any advice please..
    Yep, same problem here. No idea how to fix it, but personally I think the mail app that is integrated into BlackBerry Hub is better anyway, at least it is extremely responsive, although I would love to see better tag management for Gmail users.
    11-09-13 06:59 AM
    Thank you Ruslan for the info.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 08:23 AM
    @Benny X using Ghost commander (appworld) open it, at the right side scroll down you wil see Applications open it, scroll again down till you get Android setting hold on it and pop-up will ask you to open it and go to your accouts sync uncheck gmail sync, try to open the app (gmail) after that go In the hub you will see a notification asking for permission to let Gmail app working on your device, open it and check yes, don't mind on the window asking you to log again in your gmail account, but open again Ghost commander and check yes the gmail to sync wait 1 min, your app will fully works

Attachment 218635 Attachment 218636

I get as far as opening the notification asking for permission, then a black screen pops up and nothing happens.. that's OK I can live with the built-in Gmail checker, no biggie. Thanks anyhow though!
    irsan likes this.
    11-09-13 12:57 PM
    I get as far as opening the notification asking for permission, then a black screen pops up and nothing happens.. that's OK I can live with the built-in Gmail checker, no biggie. Thanks anyhow though!
    Were you able to confirm the notification asking for permission? If now you might try it again, I'm not sure, but the notification somehow disappeared for the first time on my phone too, I had to return back to the Google account settings to display it again. So it might help you too, but as you said - it's not a big deal, the ported GMail IMO isn't better then the good ol' Hub
    11-09-13 04:31 PM
    nope, i wasn't able to confirm the notification.. and I've gone back and forth between account settings and permission notifications.. oh well
    Last edited by BennyX; 11-09-13 at 05:40 PM.
    11-09-13 05:27 PM
    Ok I got this working after some trial and error. Converted apk's via barinstall, using their token, installed files, couldn't connect to network to login on unlocked runtime, loaded the older runtime, logged into google services, got everything there working, loaded the unlocked runtime back up, google services still working. so to summarize, I have google services working with unlocked runtime.
    11-09-13 06:21 PM
    Ok I got this working after some trial and error. Converted apk's via barinstall, using their token, installed files, couldn't connect to network to login on unlocked runtime, loaded the older runtime, logged into google services, got everything there working, loaded the unlocked runtime back up, google services still working. so to summarize, I have google services working with unlocked runtime.
    Check if your Android ports have access to network while WiFi is switched off, I experienced this problem on the 575 and 725 runtimes, so I had to return back, but I prefer using the debug token method to convert apps, so it doesn't really matter to me.
    11-09-13 06:38 PM
    Check if your Android ports have access to network while WiFi is switched off, I experienced this problem on the 575 and 725 runtimes, so I had to return back, but I prefer using the debug token method to convert apps, so it doesn't really matter to me.
    Yes, network access is working inside the apps themselves with the unlocked runtime, it was only the login service that couldn't use this for whatever reason. I have verified this by streaming music with the play music app with wifi off, trying to get hangouts to work now, giving me an error saying "play services is not supported" though, despite settings showing my correct email login.
    11-09-13 06:46 PM
    Any idea whether Google Now is "fixable"? By now it tells me Google Play Services isn't available on this device, so it definitely doesn't work as-is :/ Looks like a useful tool though.
    11-11-13 11:05 PM
    I get slightly different results.. Google Play Services runs for me, but at some point later it crashes.. also Google Play Store does something as well, because if I don't run it, the paid Android app I brought over from my old phone won't run, because of license verification. If I run the Play store app beforehand, even though it force closes, it works enough that my paid app license check goes through..

as for Hangouts working, I think that's a lost cause. Probably the same for Google Now, though I haven't tried it yet (I'll do that now!)
    11-12-13 01:31 AM
    Nope, Google Now still doesn't work But now that we can install APK's directly without having to convert to BAR (with the new leaked OS - with unlocked runtime and no debug token required), maybe things are different enough that what didn't work before now does...

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000022.png
    Last edited by BennyX; 11-12-13 at 02:58 AM.
    11-12-13 02:03 AM
    im sure everyone has already read about potential google services being available on 10.2.1. hope it works out. it would be great. though moneytoo your the man for getting us this working before its supposed to. dont stop
    11-12-13 03:21 AM
    @BennyX: Same problem on my device, actually both of them - I get the same message in Google Now and GPlay Services randomly crash sometimes + I've tried to sideload GPlay just out of curiosity without any high hopes and it also crashes after a few seconds of loading.

im sure everyone has already read about potential google services being available on 10.2.1. hope it works out. it would be great. though moneytoo your the man for getting us this working before its supposed to. dont stop
    Yep, I've had my eye on that thread about Google Play coming to BB10, but afterwards BlackBerry denied it and now the latest news is that we will be able to install APKs directly via BBWorld somehow without needing to convert. Dunno whether there will be any connection to the actual Play Store or just a support for thirdparty APK files, gonna do my research on that.
    11-12-13 04:55 AM
    It could be possible to get Google Play Store working. Only billing service is blacklisted so I was able to install and launch Play Store after removing references from manifest. It launches but doesn't connect because of C2DM which is the thing inside GSF that needs to be patched to work properly (and this is what I'm trying to do). Otherwise I read that it's possible to install apk's directly on 10.2.1 (build 1055) so that might help but I'm not sure if this is the way Play Store does that.
    I'm also going to check Google Now (needs patching first).
    11-12-13 05:25 AM
    Gosh, I follow the situation as closely as I can and as soon as I leave my home for a few hours, it all just explodes
    Anyway - looks like the source of the big news is another leak (10.2.1.1055), so I figured I'd repost a changelog here while I dive into the thread to dig for more details:

- runtime unlocked
    - apk files install directly on device without apk to bar conversion or debug token
    - Customizable quick settings
    - group contacts
    - Quick speed dial on Q10
    - Music UI changes
    - Call dialer changes
    - BBM - vibrate on ping, new emoticons
    - white balance adjuster
    - picture lock password
    - IBM notes traveler in accounts settings
    - full device monitor
    - new charge icon
    - custom contact notifications