I wonder if this method will work with Google hangouts, that's really the only app that I miss having on my z10

Posted via CB10
    wikison likes this.
    10-30-13 08:27 PM
    so we can actually automate this process by
    1. decompiling
    2. string process searching the API and patching
    3. rebuilding the apk and signing

and we can give it as a generic tool that will do the patch for any APK.
    is there something that you are seen problematic that can't be automate in this ?
    10-31-13 09:21 AM
    @teostar

I used the same fix that I used for almost every other package so it logs in but nothing else is functional then.

I'm testing various configurations on Android because of no root access, packages can't be installed as system and aren't granted maybe important privileges plus there's this interfering GSF package which makes fixing it a challenge.
    Just logging in is fine for me. All I want to do is see my subscriptions

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:32 AM
    If anyone's interested, here's bundle of latest Google maps with Google account login enabled. It's highly probable that it's not 100% working but sign in works and I'm able to see my synced starred places etc. Use included Google Play services as it contains additional patch. At your own risk!
    gmaps.zip
    10-31-13 12:57 PM
    @moneytoo:
    First of all - HUGE THANKS for your time and effort, this has been a massive pain in the a** for me, because I use quite a lot of Google services on daily basis and not being able to sign in to my Google account was a total bummer! So you've got my respect for "hacking" this issue.

Before you post the complete tutorial, could I please ask you to try and modify Google Plus and Google Music (aka GPlay Music) apps so I would be able to sign in? I don't know whether that is possible, but if you can figure it out, I would be insanely grateful

EDIT: I'm having the same "Cannot connect to google server" error after I try to log in to my existing account. I installed all the packages from the archive, any ideas on how to fix it? Thx in advance!
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 11-01-13 at 01:01 AM.
    10-31-13 11:54 PM
    EDIT: I'm having the same "Cannot connect to google server" error after I try to log in to my existing account. I installed all the packages from the archive, any ideas on how to fix it? Thx in advance!
    Yeah - same problem, Even using the Browser Sign In option.
    11-01-13 06:54 PM
    Maybe it works only on certain Android Runtime or OS version. So what versions do you use?
    I'm running OS 10.2.1.575 on STL 100-2 Z10.
    11-01-13 07:23 PM
    It's either that or some other configuration/package I used to have before that generated some configuration. I could eventually do a wipe and restore after testing to check.

Google Play Music seems to be working without any modification (browsing and streaming music in my account). (Use Play/Login Service(s) from gmaps package)

I guess this is the last working app from Google (for now). Apps such as Drive, Google+, Hangouts etc require C2DM/GCM.

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000056.png

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000057.png
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    11-01-13 07:36 PM
    Maybe it works only on certain Android Runtime or OS version. So what versions do you use?
    I'm running OS 10.2.1.575 on STL 100-2 Z10.
    10.2.1 runtime from 575 build. Unlocked with ability to hide bar

Posted via CB from my BlackBerry Z30
    11-01-13 07:45 PM
    Seems that it's quite surprisingly easy to get working any app that depends on Google features. I tried the same technique that I used with Google Maps API (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/) with Gmail and Ingress and it works.

The whole process basically requires following packages (from gapps for 4.2.2):
    • Google Login Service
    • Google Play services (from Play Store)
    • Google Services Framework (cannot be installed because of already present stub in BB Android runtime)

Two one of these packages have no launch icon so you have to fix that in manifest by adding intent for a launch to some activity.

The actual app (Gmail/Ingress etc) should be fixed by removing single verification check from method isGooglePlayServicesAvailable (see http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...orking-862184/).

Apply the 'isGooglePlayServicesAvailable' patch to Google Play services as well. Additional patch is required to allow self signed Google Maps apk.

If you're brave to try, here're prelimitary versions of modded packages:

Ingress/Gmail in post #7
    Google Maps (with login) post #29
    Google Play Music (with login) post #33

WIP/I'm still experimenting with this but so far it seems working. I will post full instructions once I figure it all out (applications privileges because apps are not installed in system rom, conflicting BB C2DM package, self sign packages requiring removing signature checks).

Screenshots from my Q10:

Gmail:
    Attachment 214642

Attachment 214647

Ingress:
    Attachment 214640

Attachment 214641
    Hello, I really appreciate your work, do you think this method would work with yhe youtube app?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:51 PM
    On Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1767 with 10.2.1.575 unlocked runtime it has Google account connection problems when trying to add. Plus this weird issue where it doesn't even ask for existing user name or password but when you select "browser sign in" it gives connection error

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_00000090.png

11-01-13 08:05 PM
    I recorded a short video with steps that I do and error that occurs just for reference to see if it acts the same on your devices or maybe to spot a mistake that I'm doing. Today I've tried 2 different Runtimes and still no luck
    11-01-13 08:05 PM
    I recorded a short video with steps that I do and error that occurs just for reference to see if it acts the same on your devices or maybe to spot a mistake that I'm doing. Today I've tried 2 different Runtimes and still no luck
    Same issue. I tried rebooting etc.

11-01-13 08:11 PM
    I had the same issue in the past and I believe it works if you use Gmail to add an account.

EDIT: I see you did that but you might give it another try. Make sure you have Login window closed before opening Gmail. You can also eventually try deploying Play Store (launching doesn't work but it might cause something).
    11-01-13 08:26 PM
    I had the same issue in the past and I believe it works if you use Gmail to add an account.

EDIT: I see you did that but you might give it another try. Make sure you have Login window closed before opening Gmail. You can also eventually try deploying Play Store (launching doesn't work but it might cause something).
    Yep, tried that several times, even terminated the login process before launching GMail, still the same result. Funny thing is that when I created a new gmail account via this login window it actually showed up in Accounts settings in Android Runtime, but the system wasn't able to log in and it kept sending notifications about unsuccessful login until I removed it. Hope we can figure it out.
    11-01-13 09:42 PM
    @moneytoo

great work man, on this and the maps stuff.

any idea why some of us are having trouble converting the login services apk? tried three different online tools and only one produces a bar, but it gives a failure 500 'Entry-Point-Type' error when trying to sideload. how are you successfully getting the apk to convert?

thanks again
    11-01-13 11:43 PM
    It's either that or some other configuration/package I used to have before that generated some configuration. I could eventually do a wipe and restore after testing to check.

Google Play Music seems to be working without any modification (browsing and streaming music in my account). (Use Play/Login Service(s) from gmaps package)

I guess this is the last working app from Google (for now). Apps such as Drive, Google+, Hangouts etc require C2DM/GCM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000056.png 
Views:	2355 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	216537

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000057.png 
Views:	2337 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	216538
    Can you post your working YouTube apk plz?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:18 AM
    This is the most wonderful discovery since the invention of BB10! I have now Ingress up and working. True, I had to create a new Gmail account, but I would do same thing anyway. Truly amazing! This is the whole new world of possibilities unleashed for my BB Z10! Please, everyone, spread the word! Would anyone believe that we will be ingress users ahead of iOS owners? Many thanks for #moneytoo.
    11-02-13 06:41 AM
    @m86
    one of these packages have no launch icon so you have to fix that in manifest by adding intent for a launch to some activity.
    It's fixed in the packages I share.

I just tested installing on simulator and it worked fine. (I will do test it on wiped device but some other time). Also, I'm using the latest stable releases of OS/Android runtime.
    I'm not sure if it could have anything to do with the failures but I recommend installing Login serive first, then Play services and then the actual apps.
    11-02-13 08:06 AM
    Thanks. I used the apks in your package, converted them online, and tried that order but no luck unfortunately... guess I'll wait until I can find another way to convert the login apk that doesn't work. Great work in this though

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:16 AM
    Thanks. I used the apks in your package, converted them online, and tried that order but no luck unfortunately... guess I'll wait until I can find another way to convert the login apk that doesn't work. Great work in this though

Posted via CB10
    I had no problems converting the APKs, try BarInstall I converted it using my own signing keys and debug token, but it may be possible even without debug token.

Also, I'm using the latest stable releases of OS/Android runtime.
    Which OS version are you using? I'll try to install Android Runtime from that version.
    11-02-13 10:21 AM
    Which OS version are you using? I'll try to install Android Runtime from that version.
    sys.android-10.2.0.131 from latest Q10 stable 10.2.0.424 (OS version 10.2.0.1791)
    11-02-13 10:30 AM
    *snip* At your own risk!
    gmaps.zip
    chrome doesn't like your zip file, says it's malicious
    11-02-13 11:58 AM
    Could you be so kind as to release the Gmail bar file thx

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks, barinstall worked, but now getting the same login issue as others have reported ha. Guess will wait for a solution there. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:42 PM
421 1234 ...