Thanks, could you tell me which thread you got it from?
    I don't have any problems with google maps (without play services or play store of any kind, patched or not) but like I said I cannot use other apps like groupon, yelp, etc properly. Yelp runs but no maps, groupon doesn't even run at all. If you could share the link you got the patched apk I would apprecaite it, I will give that a try. Thanks!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9efxigvkkc...ndroid.gms.apk
    03-03-14 10:56 AM
    Thanks, I will try this.
    03-03-14 11:41 AM
    I am sorry, this is not working for me. After you download and install it, do I need anything else like play store etc?
    I am still getting these errors:
    Groupon and Yelp

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20140303_154315.png How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20140303_154327.png
    03-03-14 02:47 PM
    I am sorry, this is not working for me. After you download and install it, do I need anything else like play store etc?
    I am still getting these errors:
    Groupon and Yelp
    I tried Yelp. Same error as soon as I tried to map something. I'm going to see about patching this one to remove that issue...

Try this version, should work with the Play Services file I linked earlier: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pr65fzxkxa...patched273.apk

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by kfroese; 03-03-14 at 04:31 PM. Reason: link for patched Yelp
    03-03-14 03:35 PM
    First of all, thanks everyone for the hardwork!

I have managed to get Gmail working. I am able to send and receive mails, but there is one thing I would like it solved.

I'm on a Q10, 10.2.1.537.

The issue is, when I try to compose mails, I have realized that the "drop down" list of potential emails is missing when I key in a contact's email in the "to:" part.

For example, when I keyed in "e", I would normally get a dropdown list of suggested emails to send to. But in the patched gmail app in on the Q10, this list doesnt appear.

And going into Ghost Commander, I have realised that there is no "contacts" listed in the "Accounts > Google" area. Is this the cause?

Screenshot below from my Q10, and Nexus 7, illustrating the difference.

How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-q10nexus.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

Much thanks!!!
    Last edited by bohehiamsummer; 03-05-14 at 02:20 AM.
    03-05-14 02:03 AM
    I stumbled onto something today that is not really what you guys are trying to do but it could still help.

I've been trying to get my paid version of Torque to run on my Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 with no luck. Then I was playing around with Ghost Commander and found that if I launched it from there, it worked,

This got me thinking that maybe if I installed a launcher, it might have a similar effect, and I was right. I installed a free launcher (Ace Launcher) from Snap and now I'm getting some other interesting results from launching other Android apps. It seems there is some sort of difference in how things are launched compared to BB's QNX launcher.

I'm still playing around but one thing was when I tried the phone icon in the launcher, it dialled the call and automatically fired up Skype to complete it. I thought that was kind of cool.

I read through this whole thread and saw that many of you are already making some mods with Ghost Commander, you might wanna try a launcher and initiating some of the Android apps from there just to see if it makes any difference. I'm still playing around with it to see what other differences it makes.

Just a suggestion and I apologize if this has been brought up before elsewhere.
    03-05-14 05:03 AM
    I stumbled onto something today that is not really what you guys are trying to do but it could still help..
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Which version of Google Play Services or store do you currently have installed?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-05-14 09:12 AM
    I still can't get GOOGLE Play Services to work but I haven't tried that hard either. I was just thinking maybe the people who have been trying to get Gmail, etc and Services working properly might benefit by trying some stuff through a launcher since it does seem to have a different effect on some apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    03-05-14 10:24 AM
    I still can't get GOOGLE Play Services to work but I haven't tried that hard either. I was just thinking maybe the people who have been trying to get Gmail, etc and Services working properly might benefit by trying some stuff through a launcher since it does seem to have a different effect on some apps.

I just tried with Apex Launcher, same result, it won't let me run Groupon.
    What I meant was if you installed any of the other services or did you simply install a launcher without any services?
    03-05-14 11:19 AM
    No, I was just suggesting trying a launcher along with some of the advanced tricks some users have figured out already to see if it helped. My main benefit from a launcher so far was to get my paid version of Torque working properly that would crash unless I started it with a launcher. Maybe it won't be of any help, I don't know.

03-05-14 11:28 AM
    WIP/I'm still experimenting with this but so far it seems working. I will post full instructions once I figure it all out (applications privileges because apps are not installed in system rom, conflicting BB C2DM package, self sign packages requiring removing signature checks).
    any progress on this? i've an app that requires C2DM, there's any way i can remove that signature check?
    03-11-14 07:08 AM
    any progress on this? i've an app that requires C2DM, there's any way i can remove that signature check?
    Are you running OS 10.2.1.2141? I'm asking because i read somewhere that the C2DM check has been fixed in the Android Runtime.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-11-14 09:19 AM
    Can the person who patched the PlayStore included on this package do the same to this old version? I think this old version will allow us to do something that we can't do with the newest version.

I need help getting rid of this pop-up:

Please help me out
    03-12-14 08:50 PM
    ok, i got a second account, set it up to use ingress (thanks for suggesting the game, i am hooked now ) It works very well. drains a lot of juice from my battery...

So.. my G maps now sees the 2 accounts, but whenever i go into Google Maps / Settings / Switch account /\ I get: 'Something has gone wrong... Please try again in a few minutes.'

No saved locations is loaded on my map... I am a little on uncharted territory.
    03-16-14 04:54 PM
    ok, i got a second account, set it up to use ingress (thanks for suggesting the game, i am hooked now ) It works very well. drains a lot of juice from my battery...

So.. my G maps now sees the 2 accounts, but whenever i go into Google Maps / Settings / Switch account /\ I get: 'Something has gone wrong... Please try again in a few minutes.'

No saved locations is loaded on my map... I am a little on uncharted territory.
    Why did you set up a second account?
    03-16-14 07:40 PM
    Why did you set up a second account?
    I read that someone had a problem loging in with his old account so he set up a new one (plus it is something i wanted to do a long time ago, i got a valid argument)

Concerning INGRESS: has anyone encountered problems while trying to submit a new portal?

I tap the place, select new portal, it opens the form then camera loads. the moment i take the picture it simply closes, i am back to the map. Any sugestions?
    03-17-14 09:27 PM
    Any chance Google plus can be patched?

Posted via BlackBerry White Z30
    03-23-14 12:47 AM
    Any chance Google plus can be patched?

Posted via BlackBerry White Z30
    No, Google+ can't be successfully patched for now.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-23-14 04:19 AM
    Concerning INGRESS: has anyone encountered problems while trying to submit a new portal?

I tap the place, select new portal, it opens the form then camera loads. the moment i take the picture it simply closes, i am back to the map. Any sugestions?
    An update for Ingress just came out, 1.48.0. you can get it on Snap.

Submitting a new portal is very easy. And works just fine.
    03-25-14 06:31 PM
    I just received this:

The NIA has confirmed you have violated the Ingress Terms of Service by using unofficial Ingress software or add-ons. In order to provide the best experience for all our users, please discontinue use of unofficial Ingress software or add-ons, and only use official Niantic Labs software.

Further transgressions may result in the permanent deletion of this account and any related accounts.

This message is being sent from an unmonitored email inbox. Please do not reply to this email.

- NianticOps

The world around you is not what it seems.

So... i wrote to them... waiting for a reply.

Does any of you had any warnings/got banned/etc...?

thank you!
    03-26-14 10:06 PM
    Cobalt do you mind if you give me your pin I need to talk to you about that subject
    03-30-14 04:59 AM
    Can you please advise how you got ingress to work on BB Z10?
    03-31-14 07:02 PM
    Don't bother with ingress. You will be able to play for 2-3 weeks before you get banned.

Plus the nia team does not reply to your emails so there is no point in having a go at this.

Seems they oblige you to buy an android device to be able to play.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:58 AM
    I have the same Problem...
    Today I was banned with my Z30.
    5Month, no Problem... over 3mio AP's...
    I find, its very Big ****...
    04-08-14 08:22 AM
    I have the same Problem...
    Today I was banned with my Z30.
    5Month, no Problem... over 3mio AP's...
    I find, its very Big ****...
    Typical...
    Google blocking stuff just like they removing perfectly fine running google talk/google voice apps and not making Google Maps for Blackberry on purpose.
    04-08-14 03:51 PM
421 ... 1112131415 ...