Man.. thanks a lot

Can u guide me on how to make this work for YouTube?? I am a newby in all this and I am complete lost

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:48 AM
    Man.. thanks a lot

Can u guide me on how to make this work for YouTube?? I am a newby in all this and I am complete lost

Posted via CB10
    Youtube stops working after you log into it. So just use it without login.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    01-31-14 03:18 AM
    ingress tested working without any problems, I have the 1.44 version installed

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 02:40 AM
    Yes, I've started to play with ingress more than one month ago. I have installed 1.44.2 version from 1Mobile market. It's working perfectly.
    02-11-14 12:54 PM
    Hi guys

I'm thinking about buying myself a BlackBerry Z10 cause of the cashback here in the Netherlands (they only oost around 150 euro's after cashback) but I do have one question before I jump ship from my Android. I use hangouts a lot (and I mean A LOT) so i need to be able to get hangouts working on my Z10. Is this possible with this Google Services fix?

Hoping for a response (preferably one saying yes you can :P)

Kind regards,

Lars.
    02-18-14 06:13 AM
    Hi guys

I'm thinking about buying myself a BlackBerry Z10 cause of the cashback here in the Netherlands (they only oost around 150 euro's after cashback) but I do have one question before I jump ship from my Android. I use hangouts a lot (and I mean A LOT) so i need to be able to get hangouts working on my Z10. Is this possible with this Google Services fix?

Hoping for a response (preferably one saying yes you can :P)

Kind regards,

Lars.
    You can try to patch it using gmap patcher posted on this thread and see if it works How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working. I would have tried it myself but I'm not with my PC right now.

02-18-14 06:32 AM
    I would love to try it myself, but like I said, I dont have the device yet nor do I have access to it ( when I'm gonna try it out it will be in a store, so I can't try it than either) if you could try it for me later, it would be awesome!
    02-18-14 06:38 AM
    I would love to try it myself, but like I said, I dont have the device yet nor do I have access to it ( when I'm gonna try it out it will be in a store, so I can't try it than either) if you could try it for me later, it would be awesome!
    Sorry, I didn't read your post very well. I will try it as soon as I can, and give you feedback.

02-18-14 06:54 AM
    Sorry, I didn't read your post very well. I will try it as soon as I can, and give you feedback.

Awesome! Thanks a lot hopefully it works. BB10 looks awesome but I need access to hangouts one way or another :P
    02-18-14 06:56 AM
    Awesome! Thanks a lot hopefully it works. BB10 looks awesome but I need access to hangouts one way or another :P
    I've tried extensively to get hangouts to work, with no luck. I'd hold off, or get your friends to switch to bbm
    02-18-14 07:15 AM
    I've tried extensively to get hangouts to work, with no luck. I'd hold off, or get your friends to switch to bbm
    I wish that was an option :P but I heard from a friend of mine who has a Z10 (he is on the other side of the world though so cant test his) that he got hangouts working. So it seems like its hit and miss. He says he also used the procedure in this thread.
    02-18-14 08:27 AM
    How to fix Gmail, Ingress and other Google Account dependent apps-img_20140130_122448.jpg
    Anyone have hangouts work?
    Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 09:10 AM
    I wish that was an option :P but I heard from a friend of mine who has a Z10 (he is on the other side of the world though so cant test his) that he got hangouts working. So it seems like its hit and miss. He says he also used the procedure in this thread.
    If he got it to work, by all means please have him share with the rest of us!
    02-18-14 10:22 AM
    If he got it to work, by all means please have him share with the rest of us!
    I certainly will. Assuming he didnt just do the same thing as said in the OP. If so it'll just be hit and miss (and I will tell you guys ofcourse :P)

I'll know more tomorrow
    02-18-14 10:25 AM
    Help needed!!!
    I followed all the instructions and downloded the files from post#230, but I cant install Google Play Services, it just wont install. Other than that Gmail works fine, Maps as well, but In every 20-30 minutes I have a notification in notification bar that Maps needs Google Play Services to be intstalled.
    I run 10.2.1.2102 now, but it was the same when I was on 10.2.1.1925
    02-22-14 08:31 AM
    You can turn of these notifications with Ghost Commander. Download it from Blackberry World.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:55 AM
    You can turn of these notifications with Ghost Commander. Download it from Blackberry World.

Posted via CB10
    I have it installed. What I need to do to turn them off?

Other question is, do I really need to install Google Play Services or leave it as it is , as long as I manage to turn the notification off?

Thanks a lot for the help
    02-22-14 12:13 PM
    I have it installed. What I need to do to turn them off?

Other question is, do I really need to install Google Play Services or leave it as it is , as long as I manage to turn the notification off?

Thanks a lot for the help
    For maps only you don't need Google play services. You may, however, require it for apps that use mapping capabilities within the app (eg. Some apps have features like "store locator " that rely on Google's services).

As for ghost conmander... go to applications -> press and hold maps -> manage -> check the box that says "disable notifications "
    02-22-14 12:24 PM
    Thanks, all done with notifications

Still wondering, any idea why I can't install Google Play Services?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:45 PM
    HELP, I don't know how to operate my Z10.....

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:20 AM
    I don't use gmail or google maps logged in, I just look at maps, driving directions, traffic, etc.
    I just want to get rid of annoying "Google Play services stopped" error (which I started getting after using the official google play services and google play store apk's that CB posted).

Is it enough to uninstall the one that I have on my Z30 and install Google Play services 4.1.32 (978161-36) patched.apk instead?

Same problem occurs with pretty much all android apps, yelp, groupon, amazon etc they all prompt the error message every few seconds, forcing me to keep tapping.
    I was able to get Yelp to show the map in the app with stock apk.
    02-27-14 04:38 PM
    Hello guys. I got a z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.2102-2141. I Had the same problems with the gapps after install. Just error messages and all of the apps just crushed. I tried the modified and patched gapps but that one also not working. But.... I just downloaded the 4.2.2 gapps in apk and just installed. I don't started any of them. After I went to the BlackBerry World and just downloaded the original Google+ app from the blackberry world. Now except the play store everything is working fine...

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:28 PM
    Hello guys. I got a z10 STL100-2 10.2.1.2102-2141. I Had the same problems with the gapps after install. Just error messages and all of the apps just crushed. I tried the modified and patched gapps but that one also not working. But.... I just downloaded the 4.2.2 gapps in apk and just installed. I don't started any of them. After I went to the BlackBerry World and just downloaded the original Google+ app from the blackberry world. Now except the play store everything is working fine...

Posted via CB10

You mean you don't get the "Play Services stopped working" error?
    I am dying to get this fixed, I can't use yelp maps, or anything else properly, I had to uninstall the google play servics.
    Can you please list the steps? Is it 4.2.2 gapps as APK, and then you installed that? Did you uninstall it before you downloaded Google+ app?
    03-02-14 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there is a Google+ in Blackberry World. Just a launcher that takes you to the mobile site. Which is something you could do yourself by saving a bookmark to the home screen. Unless I'm missing something?

You mean you don't get the "Play Services stopped working" error?
    I am dying to get this fixed, I can't use yelp maps, or anything else properly, I had to uninstall the google play servics.
    Can you please list the steps? Is it 4.2.2 gapps as APK, and then you installed that? Did you uninstall it before you downloaded Google+ app?
    I don't have "Play Services stopped" issue with Google Maps 7.6. Installed only the patched com.google.android.gms.apk (Google Play Services 1.0.403.4536) I got from another thread.
    03-03-14 10:01 AM
    I don't have "Play Services stopped" issue with Google Maps 7.6. Installed only the patched com.google.android.gms.apk (Google Play Services 1.0.403.4536) I got from another thread.
    Thanks, could you tell me which thread you got it from?
    I don't have any problems with google maps (without play services or play store of any kind, patched or not) but like I said I cannot use other apps like groupon, yelp, etc properly. Yelp runs but no maps, groupon doesn't even run at all. If you could share the link you got the patched apk I would apprecaite it, I will give that a try. Thanks!
    03-03-14 10:29 AM
421 ... 1011121314 ...