10-13-16 01:08 PM
733 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Can someone fix car2go app? I got the apk if needed.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:10 PM
    Hello Sally Mack, I am wondering if after you converted the canadian tire app if you tried it on your device? As after I converted to a bar file, it loads onto my z10 fine, but when I launch the program it force closes itself. I am using the android unlocked runtime from 10.2.1.575. Once again thanks for your help! just wondering if its me or if its the app itself

Thanks
    11-02-13 06:32 PM
    Hello Sally Mack, I am wondering if after you converted the canadian tire app if you tried it on your device? As after I converted to a bar file, it loads onto my z10 fine, but when I launch the program it force closes itself. I am using the android unlocked runtime from 10.2.1.575. Once again thanks for your help! just wondering if its me or if its the app itself

Thanks
    Yup, i'm using it right now . If it makes any difference i'm on 10.2.0.1791 and used the debug token method.
    11-02-13 06:48 PM
    I tried installing Uber and it force closes

Posted via CB10
    Are you using 10.2.1 by any chance? Works fine for me on 10.2.0.1791.
    11-02-13 06:50 PM
    Yup, i'm using it right now . If it makes any difference i'm on 10.2.0.1791 and used the debug token method.
    I am also on 10.2.0.1791 OS so the only difference is you used the debug token method....guess I will go do some reading on how to create a debug token for my Z to see if that is why it won't work for me. Thanks for the reply!
    11-02-13 08:00 PM
    Yes I'm on the rogers 10.2 update

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 08:45 PM
    Hey guys! I was directed here to ask if there's a way to get Transit! (an.apk app) that requires Google Maps, to work on the Runtime without gmaps. It's the absolute best transit app that I have found, and another user seemed to think there may be a way to get it working. Any ideas? The .bar file can be found on BB10bars.net. Thanks!

Oooooo Dat Z10 seseee
    11-02-13 09:21 PM
    Hello all.

I said on page 3 that Marine Traffic does not work. Well, it does. However, only works connected to wifi.

Is this a debug issue, or something else?

Either way, I'm happy it works on wifi
    Works for me on 10.2.1.575 using the unlocked Android run time.
    11-02-13 09:29 PM
    Could someone try to convert this older version of the Starbucks app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlwfop82mbwpslg/sb.apk

I tried and got as far it getting it to load but there's an odd error message saying try later
    Got the same thing when I tried
    11-02-13 10:15 PM
    Is anyone else having the problem that Ubercab & Google Maps from this thread with the fix are force closing when they try and launch?! I'm using 10.2.0.424 on a Q10
    11-05-13 09:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem and I'm on the same os version

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:16 AM
    Thank you for your confirmation, Sally! Le Sigh...it was version 1.0 too lol...
    11-06-13 03:11 PM
    Is there any chance somebody got a working version of "Fly Delta". This is the last of my required apps and I am not technical enough to do it myself. Thanks!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cec9m9npk...20-%20V2.2.apk
    11-06-13 06:23 PM
    Hi, can someone please help me with this apk. Getting error -9
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4t94ofxw3...ar.android.apk

Thanks in advance.
    11-09-13 03:11 PM
    Hello,

Well I still can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong to get past this -9 error... Could anyone help me out with these...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....coppi.bestbuy

and

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ppi.futureshop

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!!
    11-09-13 10:41 PM
    Hello, I would much appreciate either the .Bar for the .apk below, or a debug token (333bc61b). I have trouble (not the "failure-9 issue) with the .apk

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ns.italian.apk

thanks, have a good week, Ken
    11-10-13 03:24 PM
    Any luck to do the same with STRAVA CYCLING?

Here the last apk link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdh34nbe8k...-274-3.7.2.apk

Ty!

PS: I've tried to do it, but I cannot find the GooglePlayServicesUtil.smali in the sources created by Apktool, perhaps you'll find the way..
    11-10-13 05:28 PM
    @moneytoo

Can you post a working example of isGooglePlayServicesAvailable? Mine will not complie

Code:
    .method public static isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 1
        .param p0, "context"    # Landroid/content/Context;

.prologue
        const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
    .end method
    11-10-13 06:35 PM
    @XaRz
    It's in file "com/google/android/gms/common/b.smali", replace method a with
    Code:
    .method public static a(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 3

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
    .end method
    When names are obfuscated, just search for method containing texts "com.android.vending" and "com.google.android.gms".

@jmcmanus26
    It depends on how it looked before...
    11-10-13 07:00 PM
    @moneytoo This is what it looked like before

Code:
    .method public static isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 7

const/16 v0, 0x9

const/4 v1, 0x0

const/4 v2, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getPackageManager()Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;

move-result-object v3

:try_start_0
        const-string v4, "com.android.vending"

const/16 v5, 0x40

invoke-virtual {v3, v4, v5}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;->getPackageInfo(Ljava/lang/String;I)Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;
        :try_end_0
        .catch Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager$NameNotFoundException; {:try_start_0 .. :try_end_0} :catch_0

move-result-object v4

sget-object v5, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->aJ:[[B

invoke-static {v4, v5}, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->a(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;[[B)[B

move-result-object v4

if-nez v4, :cond_0

sget-object v1, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->TAG:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v2, "Google Play Store signature invalid."

invoke-static {v1, v2}, Landroid/util/Log;->w(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

:goto_0
        return v0

:catch_0
        move-exception v0

sget-object v0, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->TAG:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v1, "Google Play Store is missing."

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Landroid/util/Log;->w(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

move v0, v2

goto :goto_0

:cond_0
        :try_start_1
        const-string v5, "com.google.android.gms"

const/16 v6, 0x40

invoke-virtual {v3, v5, v6}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;->getPackageInfo(Ljava/lang/String;I)Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;
        :try_end_1
        .catch Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager$NameNotFoundException; {:try_start_1 .. :try_end_1} :catch_1

move-result-object v5

new-array v6, v2, [[B

aput-object v4, v6, v1

invoke-static {v5, v6}, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->a(Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;[[B)[B

move-result-object v4

if-nez v4, :cond_1

sget-object v1, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->TAG:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v2, "Google Play services signature invalid."

invoke-static {v1, v2}, Landroid/util/Log;->w(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

:catch_1
        move-exception v0

sget-object v0, Lcom/google/android/gms/common/GooglePlayServicesUtil;->TAG:Ljava/lang/String;

const-string v1, "Google Play services is missing."

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Landroid/util/Log;->w(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

move v0, v2

:cond_1
        iget v0, v5, Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;->versionCode:I

const v4, 0x2e309c

if-ge v0, v4, :cond_2

new-instance v1, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

invoke-direct {v1}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;-><init>()V

const-string v2, "Google Play services out of date.  Requires 3027100 but found "

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v1

iget v2, v5, Landroid/content/pm/PackageInfo;->versionCode:I

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->append(I)Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v1}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->toString()Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const/4 v0, 0x2

:cond_2
        :try_start_2
        const-string v0, "com.google.android.gms"

const/4 v4, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v3, v0, v4}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;->getApplicationInfo(Ljava/lang/String;I)Landroid/content/pm/ApplicationInfo;
        :try_end_2
        .catch Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager$NameNotFoundException; {:try_start_2 .. :try_end_2} :catch_2

move-result-object v0

iget-boolean v0, v0, Landroid/content/pm/ApplicationInfo;->enabled:Z

if-nez v0, :cond_3

const/4 v0, 0x3

:catch_2
        move-exception v0

const-string v3, "Google Play services missing when getting application info."

invoke-static {v1, v3}, Landroid/util/Log;->wtf(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager$NameNotFoundException;->printStackTrace()V

move v0, v2

:cond_3
        move v0, v1

.end method
    11-10-13 07:29 PM
    @jmcmanus26
    Use the same three lines in the method I posted for XaRz.
    11-10-13 07:40 PM
    OK, replace the whole method?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:42 PM
    Hey guys! I was directed here to ask if there's a way to get Transit! (an.apk app) that requires Google Maps, to work on the Runtime without gmaps. It's the absolute best transit app that I have found, and another user seemed to think there may be a way to get it working. Any ideas? The .bar file can be found on BB10bars.net. Thanks!

Oooooo Dat Z10 seseee
    Yes, there are directions to converting the app and getting it to work all found within this thread. Since it requires a valid google maps api key (I've posted links/directions in page 4 to do so, real easy) I'd recommend you get one yourself and have a go using the directions to convert it yourself using the api v2 instructions.
    11-10-13 10:06 PM
    @moneytoo

Thanks! That worked great. How to you figure out what to modify in the method?
    11-10-13 11:12 PM
    lyft also uses API v2.
    Attachment 213873
    Any chance of getting the BAR for this? I'm a Lyft driver and that is the only reason I still carry around an Android phone.
    11-11-13 01:22 AM
733 ... 56789 ...