Cobalt (since you seem bored today ), this app appears to patch correctly using your script, but force closes once installed. While processing, it throws the "obfuscated" warning, but still completes the task. I'm pretty sure this can be patched successfully, we just need to figure out where/how to patch. Perhaps you can give this a look, and it might even offer you an even better way of detecting what/how to patch for the tool itself. I know for one, this app actually has a path to the api key in its manifest file, rather than the key itself. And the isgoogleplayservicesavail() method is different than usual. Any help appreciated .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...locab.consumer

Thanks!
    01-26-14 03:14 PM
    Cobalt (since you seem bored today ), this app appears to patch correctly using your script, but force closes once installed. While processing, it throws the "obfuscated" warning, but still completes the task. I'm pretty sure this can be patched successfully, we just need to figure out where/how to patch. Perhaps you can give this a look, and it might even offer you an even better way of detecting what/how to patch for the tool itself. I know for one, this app actually has a path to the api key in its manifest file, rather than the key itself. And the isgoogleplayservicesavail() method is different than usual. Any help appreciated .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...locab.consumer

Thanks!
    Hi Sally Mack. I'll look into it and report my findings.
    01-26-14 03:41 PM
    Sally Mack, please test
    01-26-14 04:06 PM
    Sally Mack, please test
    I tried it, it started loading the splash screen and then stopped "unfortunately, Hailo has stopped."
    01-26-14 04:11 PM
    I tried it, it started loading the splash screen and then stopped "unfortunately, Hailo has stopped."
    Hmm it works on my device with 10.2.1.1925. Jelp, do you have Google Play Services installed?
    01-26-14 04:28 PM
    Sally Mack, please test
    I also tried... get the error -9 failure error when installing, then when I open it I get the splash screen, then force close... I'm only running 10.2. The error -9 shouldn't be there if patched appropriately I believe. Also, I have google play services installed.
    01-26-14 04:46 PM
    Did you remove the old version before trying to install the new one?
    01-26-14 04:54 PM
    Did you remove the old version before trying to install the new one?
    Yes I did... and just because I'm paranoid, I uninstalled your version, then double checked there were no entries for this app in ghost commander, then reset, then reinstalled your version again. Still no luck .

Do you think it working for you has to do with 10.2.1.'s handling of api v1? Uber was a picky app that I managed to get to work by giving it the v1 api treatment, even though it had all the signs of v2 api in the app.
    01-26-14 05:09 PM
    I will try this for the geocaching app. Def needed!

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:13 PM
    Yes I did... and just because I'm paranoid, I uninstalled your version, then double checked there were no entries for this app in ghost commander, then reset, then reinstalled your version again. Still no luck .

Do you think it working for you has to do with 10.2.1.'s handling of api v1? Uber was a picky app that I managed to get to work by giving it the v1 api treatment, even though it had all the signs of v2 api in the app.
    Just to be sure, I repatched V2 and added a version with V1 & V2. Maybe this helps.

Hailocab API V1 & v2

Hailocab V2

BTW: There was clearly a special behaviour with this file. We use a two step search mechanism to find the obfuscated file. The first step is done by christians code, the second by my code. Unfortunalely, christians code fails, and it doesn't get to my code, which is more robust.

You can use this special version of the script, which bypasses christians technique to find the file. Run it in debug mode and it will only use my search for obfuscated files.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    01-26-14 05:35 PM
    Just to be said: The correct file to patch is f.smali, not a.smali as the original code suggests. The debug version I provided will detect the correct file.
    01-26-14 05:42 PM
    This how it looks like on my Q10 with 10.2.1.1925. I suggest to update your OS.

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-img_20140127_001503.png
    damien kupuku likes this.
    01-26-14 05:53 PM
    Yeah, I was about to throw in the towel and concede that I needed 10.2.1... BUT, after testing out all sorts of combinations, I've figured out what this app needs to run (i believe the same goes for uber, or any other app that has both the v1 and v2 entries in the manifest file)...

1. Your original v2 entry still contained the line "<uses library... google maps... android:required="true">". That's what caused the error -9 failure.

2. The v1 method I tried asks for google play services (even though I had them installed). So reverting to v1 patching method on its own isn't really a solution.

3. The v1+v2 file needed that "<uses library..." line omitted, and the app needed a debug token to run. Success!

So in short, most of this is irrelevant with 10.2.1 , BUT the script could use some tweaking to a) detect if there is BOTH the v1 and v2 api entries in the manifest file b) Patch BOTH accordingly (not sure if this makes sense, but it seems to have worked in this case), and c) omit the v1 "<uses library" line.
    01-26-14 07:07 PM
    And of course, thanks for all the help! This was really bugging me!
    01-26-14 07:19 PM
    Would someone be able to modify the latest Glympse apk? On 10.2.1 the direct install results in the app crashing every time when you try to return to the home screen after viewing the map.

Link to the latest apk:

https://www.mediafire.com/?fv25lqvscrbla83
    01-26-14 07:51 PM
    Would someone be able to modify the latest Glympse apk? On 10.2.1 the direct install results in the app crashing every time when you try to return to the home screen after viewing the map.

Link to the latest apk:

https://www.mediafire.com/?fv25lqvscrbla83
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9428306
    01-26-14 08:45 PM
    I've used that bar and it's working well, just thought someone could give it a shot with the updated apk.
    01-26-14 09:19 PM
    Can someone link a mirror to the script? I'm trying to get Lyft to work.
    01-26-14 09:39 PM
    I've used that bar and it's working well, just thought someone could give it a shot with the updated apk.
    Didn't realize there was an update. You can download cobalt's script and all you need to do is drag the apk over the .bat file, and it does it all for you. Literally drag and drop.
    01-26-14 09:53 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9837016

For anyone looking for the link to the script.
    01-26-14 09:56 PM
    Didn't realize there was an update. You can download cobalt's script and all you need to do is drag the apk over the .bat file, and it does it all for you. Literally drag and drop.
    Is there anything on the device we need to do?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 12:25 AM
    Yeah, I was about to throw in the towel and concede that I needed 10.2.1... BUT, after testing out all sorts of combinations, I've figured out what this app needs to run (i believe the same goes for uber, or any other app that has both the v1 and v2 entries in the manifest file)...

1. Your original v2 entry still contained the line "<uses library... google maps... android:required="true">". That's what caused the error -9 failure.

2. The v1 method I tried asks for google play services (even though I had them installed). So reverting to v1 patching method on its own isn't really a solution.

3. The v1+v2 file needed that "<uses library..." line omitted, and the app needed a debug token to run. Success!

So in short, most of this is irrelevant with 10.2.1 , BUT the script could use some tweaking to a) detect if there is BOTH the v1 and v2 api entries in the manifest file b) Patch BOTH accordingly (not sure if this makes sense, but it seems to have worked in this case), and c) omit the v1 "<uses library" line.
    Nice finding! I have never seen an APK with such a behaviour. But regarding the upcoming official release of 10.2.1 it doesn't make much sense to adapt the script to this speciality.
    01-27-14 04:10 AM
    Hi Cobalt, Lyft is one stubborn app i have not been able to get working. I have tried all your scripts on it, but still to no avail. It gets patched alright, but when i launch it, it comes up with this pop up even though i have Play services installed.
    Attachment 242083
    Please could you look into it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    01-27-14 05:07 AM
    I'll look into it...
    01-27-14 05:55 AM
    Here you go. It started on my device, but I didn't want to connect my Facebook account to this app. Maybe you can try.

Patched Lyft app

The problem was, that the patcher did recognize the correct file but for some reason did not patch it. I fired up my Blackberry Logger and traced what's happening in the android runtime:

Code:
    I/Crashlytics(91132092): Initializing Crashlytics 1.1.5.4
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for  in 324ms (321ms in ICU)
    E/ActivityThread(91132092): Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.AttributionIdProvider
    W/GooglePlayServicesUtil(91132092): Google Play services signature invalid.
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for en_US in 275ms (270ms in ICU)
    W/InputConnectionWrapper.ICC(9920703): Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for de_DE in 211ms (205ms in ICU)
    W/System.err(91132092): java.lang.NullPointerException
    Google Play Services signature invalid. Aha! Patched it now.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 01-27-14 at 06:54 AM.
    dustmalik likes this.
    01-27-14 06:44 AM
733 ... 1314151617 ...