Amazing utility, Thank you!!

I'm trying to get MyTracks to work:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....maps.mytracks

Your utility "automatically" ran through it's process successfully. I installed the app and there is a message about Google play not being supported by my device as well as when I start to records (guess attempting to lock GPS) it "unfortuneatley stopped..."

Any thoughts?
    Did you install the com.google.android.gms.apk on your device? It is required for Maps V2 API. After patching, the file is found in the output folder, together with the patched file.
    JMDxRIM likes this.
    01-17-14 10:02 AM
    Did you install the com.google.android.gms.apk on your device? It is required for Maps V2 API. After patching, the file is found in the output folder, together with the patched file.
    My Bad, I did read that it had to be moved with the APP but didn't realize it was an APK as well... Trying now...

and ...
    you..
    sir..
    are..

THE MAN!!

Thank you soo much.
    01-17-14 12:27 PM
    You're welcome.

Btw: You can record tracks in MyTracks and then Play them in Google earth!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 12:40 PM
    You're welcome.

Btw: You can record tracks in MyTracks and then Play them in Google earth!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's badass!
    01-17-14 01:18 PM
    Hi Cobalt232,

Seems like you are the man to consult for Maps issues. I've followed your instruction and solved my map problems. I have a suspicion that I'm still missing something.

I can run Google Maps now and it logs in and I can see my Starred places after removing Google Play Services. However, everytime I use Google Maps it regularly polls Play Service and a new entry is found in my Hub which says "Maps... An application requires installation of Google Play Services."

Is there something I haven't done? Thanks mate.
    01-17-14 08:36 PM
    Hi Cobalt232,

Seems like you are the man to consult for Maps issues. I've followed your instruction and solved my map problems. I have a suspicion that I'm still missing something.

I can run Google Maps now and it logs in and I can see my Starred places after removing Google Play Services. However, everytime I use Google Maps it regularly polls Play Service and a new entry is found in my Hub which says "Maps... An application requires installation of Google Play Services."

Is there something I haven't done? Thanks mate.
    If its only a notification and it still works then download an app called Ghost commander from BlackBerry app world and disable notification of the maps so u wont get those pesky notification

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:56 PM
    That's the way I did it.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 03:01 AM
    Amazing! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:49 PM
    Yeah, I did this. Patching v2 apps works great, just v1. I'll have another go at it just to be sure I'm not going crazy.
    fyi... my issue was with xcopy not working on my system... had to replace "xcopy" with "%systemroot%\System32\xcopy"
    01-19-14 01:20 AM
    uhhh ahhh that's a bad one :-)
    01-19-14 04:11 AM
    Bro, sorry for the dumb question, but this will able to put location in photos on Instagram?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:40 PM
    I don't think so. Would have to look into the smali code to be sure. Can do later, I'm at work right now.

Posted via CB10
    ProgrammerHH likes this.
    01-20-14 02:29 AM
    Hi! Could you tell me please, if there any posibility to put the both apks (google play services and my app) together and then offer it in an app world as one app? Thanks
    01-20-14 03:54 AM
    I don't think so. Would have to look into the smali code to be sure. Can do later, I'm at work right now.

Posted via CB10
    OK bro, if you have some time... thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:34 AM
    Hi! Could you tell me please, if there any posibility to put the both apks (google play services and my app) together and then offer it in an app world as one app? Thanks
    Wouldn't it just be easier to remove the Google play services call for the BlackBerry World version of your app?
    01-20-14 09:16 AM
    I keep coming across a sideloading error "-104" when sideloading the lastest version of tinder. I have com.google.android.gms.apk loaded on my phone as when I patch I get that it uses Maps V2 API. I also get no errors when I convert the app. Any suggestions?
    01-20-14 05:38 PM
    Thanks for all the tips.. I was wondering if you could patch es file explorer or is it possible I don't have access to a pc at the moment to mess with the patcher. Thanks a lot anyway

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:10 PM
    I keep coming across a sideloading error "-104" when sideloading the lastest version of tinder. I have com.google.android.gms.apk loaded on my phone as when I patch I get that it uses Maps V2 API. I also get no errors when I convert the app. Any suggestions?
    This is causes by a mismatch of certificates between the new App that you want to sideload and the already installed App. Delete the App on your phone first, then sideload the new one.
    01-23-14 04:29 PM
    Thanks for all the tips.. I was wondering if you could patch es file explorer or is it possible I don't have access to a pc at the moment to mess with the patcher. Thanks a lot anyway

Posted via CB10
    Why would you want to patch ES File Explorer? It works without patching on 10.2.1.1925 (SW 537).
    01-23-14 04:34 PM
    To hook up google drive (for stored music) es also has a music player sorta for that purpose.. it the cloud music way for me lol

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:40 PM
    01-25-14 02:40 PM
    Looked into it. No chance to patch it in any way so that it would work.
    01-26-14 11:14 AM
    It would be great if it were possible to convert the Best Parking app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.bestparking

Would you mind checking for me? Thanks.
    01-26-14 11:30 AM
    It would be great if it were possible to convert the Best Parking app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.bestparking

Would you mind checking for me? Thanks.
    The idea is that you download the patcher and patch it yourself. But well, it's Sunday and weather is bad over here in Switzerland. So here you go:

Download patched Best Parking
    01-26-14 12:14 PM
    I think everyone should take just 10 minutes to read Cobalt's instructions and do it yourself. It is NOT such a rocket science to just run those scripts.
    Sally Mack likes this.
    01-26-14 02:59 PM
733 ... 1213141516 ...