Just patched a V1 app and it worked flawlessly. Are you on Windows 7 64 bit? If yes, you may have to use fart 64 bit.
    In \wbin folder rename fart.exe to fart32.exe and rename fart64.exe to fart.exe
    Yeah, I did this. Patching v2 apps works great, just v1. I'll have another go at it just to be sure I'm not going crazy.
    12-26-13 09:56 AM
    can you help me with this apk

clash of clans
    12-29-13 01:27 PM
    Back from Holidays... checked Dunkin' Donuts. It's the generated filename that causes the problem. Fix is on it's way...

Edit: New Version 2.2.2 available here

In general, the script tries to generate a human readable filename for the APK files. To achieve this, it reads out the application-label from the APK and then uses it as the name for the working folder. If this name contains special characters, some steps in the script (eg signing) will fail.

This version of the script will ask if you want to override the generated filename with the original filename. Anwer Y if you see special characters in the generated application-label. If you don't answer, the script will use the generated application-label as default after a timeout of 10 seconds.

Did not like solution described above. Completely removed generated Names. For greater compatibility the script now uses the original filename only. Downloadlink has been updated.
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 12-30-13 at 01:21 PM.
    12-29-13 06:55 PM
    Version 2.2.2 is now able to patch Clash of Clans. I also implemented an auto detection feature for 32/64 Bit OS. No renaming files anymore.

Just drag and drop the file on patch.bat and then select option g in menu to patch. After patching, copy the two files in the output folder to your Blackberry.

Please remember, that drag and drop won't work if the filename has blanks in the name

clash of clans.apk -> BAD
    clash_of_clans.apk -> OK
    clashofclans.apk -> OK
    12-30-13 01:18 PM
    Great work Cobalt232. This is really awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-30-13 02:03 PM
    Thanks so much for this effort Cobalt232 and christian-georgescu!

When I try to run the script on the Life 360 apk (link here), I get an warning saying "Unable to extract RSA certificate", and then an error saying "Unable to extract DSA". Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks in advance!
    12-30-13 02:45 PM
    Thanks so much for this effort Cobalt232 and christian-georgescu!

When I try to run the script on the Life 360 apk (link here), I get an warning saying "Unable to extract RSA certificate", and then an error saying "Unable to extract DSA". Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks in advance!
    Do you have WinRAR installed? It is required to extract the certificates from the APK file.
    12-30-13 04:36 PM
    Do you have WinRAR installed? It is required to extract the certificates from the APK file.
    Ah yes - my winrar broke itself for a while and I never bothered to fix it. Now that I reinstalled it, the script works almost perfect! It can patch up the googlemaps API (v1), but it now fails when trying to build back the resources it spits out a ton of errors. Any idea what the issue may be?

Script error output
    Life360 apk
    12-30-13 05:37 PM
    Version 2.2.2 is now able to patch Clash of Clans. I also implemented an auto detection feature for 32/64 Bit OS. No renaming files anymore.

Just drag and drop the file on patch.bat and then select option g in menu to patch. After patching, copy the two files in the output folder to your Blackberry.

Please remember, that drag and drop won't work if the filename has blanks in the name

clash of clans.apk -> BAD
    clash_of_clans.apk -> OK
    clashofclans.apk -> OK
    i'm guessing the patch is just to remove the any function when you press connect to g+ in clash of clans? and not the ability to sign into g+ to restore game progress? cause i applied the patch, added account etc.. and when i press the connect to g+ in clash of clans it does nothing :S i can just keep pressing it over and over with no effect.

edit: also when i try to install the gplay services from the output folder i get an error "cannot install this app" then it closes off, but then i do get the icon, and i can click on it and it opens,spins then closes. so don't know if that's the problem.
    Last edited by SirJes; 12-30-13 at 06:33 PM.
    12-30-13 06:23 PM
    Ah yes - my winrar broke itself for a while and I never bothered to fix it. Now that I reinstalled it, the script works almost perfect! It can patch up the googlemaps API (v1), but it now fails when trying to build back the resources it spits out a ton of errors. Any idea what the issue may be?

Script error output
    Life360 apk
    Thanks for the logs. The APK can not be recompiled due to some weird problems with resources. Tried to patch it manually and it also failed. It looks like it can't be fixed. :-(
    12-31-13 05:04 AM
    i'm guessing the patch is just to remove the any function when you press connect to g+ in clash of clans? and not the ability to sign into g+ to restore game progress? cause i applied the patch, added account etc.. and when i press the connect to g+ in clash of clans it does nothing :S i can just keep pressing it over and over with no effect.

edit: also when i try to install the gplay services from the output folder i get an error "cannot install this app" then it closes off, but then i do get the icon, and i can click on it and it opens,spins then closes. so don't know if that's the problem.
    To be honest, I did not try to login with any account as I don't play games on Blackberry. The Google Play Services should work correctly though. If you already have google login services installed, you may encounter problems due to a mismatch of certificates.

You may try to use my pre-patched Google Login Services and Google Play Services: Download here
    kfroese likes this.
    12-31-13 05:10 AM
    hi Cobalt, thanks a lot for your tool.

I downloaded the latest, modified the bat with the correct JRE location. But the script doesnt generate any output. Closes down with an error.
    01-03-14 06:08 PM

I downloaded the latest, modified the bat with the correct JRE location. But the script doesnt generate any output. Closes down with an error.
    What is the error message?
    01-03-14 07:46 PM

I think it's suppose to be the JDK location, and not JRE.

01-03-14 07:51 PM
    Hi Cobalt, once again thanks for the hard work you have put into this tool.

I observed that it's unable to patch mostly Google apps such as the latest Gmail, YouTube and Google Play services. Though I know some of those apps I mentioned have already been patched by Moneytoo and yourself, but I was hoping to patch the latest versions of those apps using the tool. Could you look into it and see if anything can be done? Thanks man.

01-03-14 08:04 PM
    Hi

I'll look into it. Can you provide the files where patching fails?
    01-04-14 10:20 AM
    Hi

I'll look into it. Can you provide the files where patching fails?
    Here is the link to the apps Google Apps. thanks man. i really appreciate it.
    01-04-14 02:13 PM
    Working on it...

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 06:08 AM
    Hi there

New version 2.3 BETA available.

Changelog:
    • New: Running script without arguments will now display apk-fileselector and menu (reads files in root folder)
    • New: Change apk-file to be processed in menu (press f, reads files in root folder)
    • New: Decompile APK without decompiling resources (toggle with r, use if apk can't be recompiled, only works with option g)
    • New: improved search for google play service obfuscated smali file

Download GMAPS APK PATCHER v2.3 -> Check Post #299 for new version

Didn't do to much testing. Report back if something doesn't work. Still BETA :-)
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 01-06-14 at 12:46 PM.
    dustmalik and Sally Mack like this.
    01-05-14 12:02 PM
    thanks, i will test it right away and report back.
    01-05-14 02:36 PM
    @Cobalt232, I was able to patch the apps without decompiling resources. Here are some issues I ran into.
    1. Youtube - I was able to sign into YouTube, but after signing in, YouTube loses network connection. See
    How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-img_20140105_230313.png

2. Google search - Crashes immediately after launch. The error points to Google Play services has stopped.

I want to thank you for the hard work you put into this tool. It's really awesome. Much appreciated.

01-05-14 07:11 PM
    @Cobalt232, I was able to patch the apps without decompiling resources. Here are some issues I ran into.
    1. Youtube - I was able to sign into YouTube, but after signing in, YouTube loses network connection. See
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140105_230313.png 
Views:	1738 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	236343

2. Google search - Crashes immediately after launch. The error points to Google Play services has stopped.

I want to thank you for the hard work you put into this tool. It's really awesome. Much appreciated.

Looks like the tool worked as it should...the reason you're getting these errors is because the full Google services framework isn't installed on bb10. We patch and hack as much as we can, but without the right access, not all apps will work (particularly Google apps... they do this by design).
    01-05-14 09:30 PM
    Looks like the tool worked as it should...the reason you're getting these errors is because the full Google services framework isn't installed on bb10. We patch and hack as much as we can, but without the right access, not all apps will work (particularly Google apps... they do this by design).
    Exactly. i know the problem isn't with the tool, i just wanted to give him feedback. i hope the runtime becomes more awesome in the future and we won't have to patch lol. i know that is most unlikely.
    01-06-14 04:18 AM
    Thanks for the feedback.

As moneytoo already pointed out, most Google Apps i.e. Google Drive or Google+ will not work correctly. But the patcher works for removing Google Maps v1/v2 and Google Play dependencies in all other Android apps. I finalized v2.5 and included an option to remove ads. Hope it works for you.

GMAPS APK PATCHER is able to remove the following dependencies from an APK-file:

• Google Maps API V1 (use if maps look weird)
    • Google Maps API V2 same as above
    • Google Play Services (use if app tells you, that you Need Google Play Services)
    • Google Advertising (removes Google ADS Folder, may crash on some apps)

Download GMAPS APK PATCHER v2.5.1

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-gmspatcher2.3-1.png

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-gmspatcher2.3-2.png
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 02-01-14 at 11:02 AM.
    01-06-14 12:45 PM
    Thanks man. This is great.

01-06-14 01:34 PM
733 ... 1011121314 ...