@XaRz
    It's in file "com/google/android/gms/common/b.smali", replace method a with
    Code:
    .method public static a(Landroid/content/Context;)I
        .locals 3

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
    .end method
    When names are obfuscated, just search for method containing texts "com.android.vending" and "com.google.android.gms".
    OMFG, I need to install Android SDK? Damm I'mreally newbie to all this ...I'll give it a try.

Thanks anyway, this community is amazing!
    11-11-13 03:13 AM
    @XaRz
    You don't have to. Use the latest apktool (beta) so you don't need to have tools from Android SDK installed.
    11-11-13 03:15 AM
    @XaRz
    You don't have to. Use the latest apktool (beta) so you don't need to have tools from Android SDK installed.
    I've it (the beta jar) but your process says that need to pack the modified sources and sign with google api, right? these are subjects new to me.

regards.
    11-11-13 03:22 AM
    hey @moneytoo, first thanks for all your work here. slowly but surely it's all coming together for me...

one last question: i've got everything functional except the map tiles within apps. i've installed the android sdk, extracted my SHA1 key from keytool, and have been using it to generate Gmaps API keys. I'm using SignApk to sign the apps, so I'm guessing that's where my issue is (not using my key to sign the app?) can i update the SHA1 key that SIgnApk is using to sign the app? or am i completely off in newb territory right now?

any help would be appreciated. thanks!
    11-11-13 10:52 AM
    hey @moneytoo, first thanks for all your work here. slowly but surely it's all coming together for me...

one last question: i've got everything functional except the map tiles within apps. i've installed the android sdk, extracted my SHA1 key from keytool, and have been using it to generate Gmaps API keys. I'm using SignApk to sign the apps, so I'm guessing that's where my issue is (not using my key to sign the app?) can i update the SHA1 key that SIgnApk is using to sign the app? or am i completely off in newb territory right now?

any help would be appreciated. thanks!
    No tiles is usually a symptom of the api v1 method, where you're not copying/pasting in the md5 you got from the cert.RSA file using openSSL (in my experience anyways). I hope you're not confusing the v2 method with the v1 method and generating a gmaps api key to plug into the setandroidsignature method? May i ask which app you're trying to modify?
    11-11-13 11:02 AM
    Yes I'm on the rogers 10.2 update

Posted via CB10
    Try downloading the android runtime from bb world, then restart and try the app again.
    11-11-13 11:04 AM
    No tiles is usually a symptom of the api v1 method, where you're not copying/pasting in the md5 you got from the cert.RSA file using openSSL (in my experience anyways). I hope you're not confusing the v2 method with the v1 method and generating a gmaps api key to plug into the setandroidsignature method? May i ask which app you're trying to modify?
    thanks for the reply. not confusing the two, the manifest file has the v2 reference... here's the app (Citibike): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...citibike&hl=en

am i misunderstanding how the API key process works? it seems the key only works with the app and SHA1 key of the SDK that you register? since i'm not using my own SDK to build the app I'm guessing that's missing from the apk/bar so the tiles don't load as the key isn't authenticating?

thanks
    11-11-13 11:32 AM
    thanks for the reply. not confusing the two, the manifest file has the v2 reference... here's the app (Citibike): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...citibike&hl=en

am i misunderstanding how the API key process works? it seems the key only works with the app and SHA1 key of the SDK that you register? since i'm not using my own SDK to build the app I'm guessing that's missing from the apk/bar so the tiles don't load as the key isn't authenticating?

thanks
    Not sure... frankly, I never tied my maps api key to any app/sha1. I left it blank in my Google api console, and it's worked with all my apps . Maybe you want to try that out?

Also, I've seen apps reference the api v2 key in their manifest file, yet use the v1 method. Weird, I know.
    11-11-13 02:10 PM
    Not sure... frankly, I never tied my maps api key to any app/sha1. I left it blank in my Google api console, and it's worked with all my apps . Maybe you want to try that out?

Also, I've seen apps reference the api v2 key in their manifest file, yet use the v1 method. Weird, I know.
    how are you getting the api key without the sha1 and app name? are you using this interface or a different one?

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-capture.jpg
    11-11-13 02:32 PM
    how are you getting the api key without the sha1 and app name? are you using this interface or a different one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	3120 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	219498
    Leave it blank and hit create
    11-11-13 03:31 PM
    Leave it blank and hit create
    Ha that worked, thanks!

Doesn't work for uber though... I know someone claimed earlier they got it to work. Even downloaded the bar but no tiles showed up. Anyone have any ideas what needs to be done differently with uber?
    11-12-13 09:46 AM
    Use v1 method. That's how I got it to work. Have you tried the copy I posted earlier in this thread?
    11-12-13 10:30 AM
    Use v1 method. That's how I got it to work. Have you tried the copy I posted earlier in this thread?
    Thanks @Sally Mack. I tried the updated copy you posted earlier but I don't get any map tiles. Everything else works though.... when I try v1 method myself I can't extract the key from the uber.RSA file for some reason... if you could post the MD5 key you used maybe I could try that?

Thanks
    11-12-13 11:08 AM
    So for API v1 the solution is coming with the next OS update to 10.2.1 but API v2 is only announce for a future update, so we have to use this method for v2 still for a decent time

Sent with my ZeeTen using Tapatalk
    11-14-13 03:34 AM
    Is this possible to do with Google Drive?
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-14-13 06:30 AM
    I tried this with APIv2 and my own API key (which was a ***** to get but I got it) but when I open SoundWave (the app) and I go to maps, it just crashes.
    11-17-13 05:23 PM
    Can someone help me convert this app it hangs when navigating

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw60gmra188kvip/com.waze.apk
    11-18-13 12:33 PM
    Can someone help me convert this app it hangs when navigating

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw60gmra188kvip/com.waze.apk
    There one in BlackBerry World
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25225877

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 01:51 PM
    has anyone done Ingress or watch dogs live? I would be so forever in your debt.
    11-18-13 02:50 PM
    yr right but not at my Q10
    11-18-13 03:38 PM
    There one in BlackBerry World
    Waze Social GPS maps and traffic - BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    yr right but not at my Q10
    11-18-13 03:39 PM
    Has anyone had any luck whatsoever in getting Android Applications to properly call and use Bluetooth functions? Have been trying since Day1 to get Apps like Endomondo (port available in BBW as well) or Runtastic to utilize their native android ability to read BT heart rate monitors. Even in 10.2.11.1055 they still seem unable to do so.
    11-18-13 03:52 PM
    Has anyone had any luck whatsoever in getting Android Applications to properly call and use Bluetooth functions? Have been trying since Day1 to get Apps like Endomondo (port available in BBW as well) or Runtastic to utilize their native android ability to read BT heart rate monitors. Even in 10.2.11.1055 they still seem unable to do so.
    Well properly no...but the YouTube app downloaded from 1mobile works with bluetooth on 10.2.1.1055
    11-18-13 04:16 PM
    can anyone help me with fully working wechat version.......evrything works but people nearby doesnt work for me
    11-19-13 10:08 AM
    Were you able to get Uber to work. I tried compiling myself with no luck. Just upgraded to 10.2.1.176 so the APK should work, but I'm guessing it won't due to the map issue.

Yes I'm on the rogers 10.2 update

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:14 PM
733 ... 678910 ...