Hello everybody,

I am really new to Blackberry, and I can't believe what I've missed.

I installed the google play store, as told in another post. I've installed google maps from the official play store, but I keep getting a notification in the hub that Maps needs Google Services. How can I stop/remove this?
    01-18-15 02:14 PM
    For maps, your best bet is to disable notifications in the android app settings.

From cobalt's blackberry Google id app, tap the three dots in the top right corner, android settings, apps, scroll to maps and check the box to disable notifications.
    01-18-15 02:26 PM
    Thank you for your answer! This seems to have done the trick. I have to confess I couldn't have been more happy with my decision to get a Passport.
    01-18-15 02:47 PM
    Hi,

I downloaded tapatalk. Now i get notifications in the hub which is fine. However when you press it, it just shows a black screen that's all.

This happens with all notifications such as:

1mobile
    Google play store

Just a black screen.

It used to work fine before but i switched passports. Everything remains the same. Just no notifications.

Checked the blackberry Google id and notifications are set to on.

Any ideas?
    Also now and again tapatalk, Google play store and 1 mobile spits out Google play services needed.
    They still work though but are annoying!

EDIT: after the new BlackBerry official update it's working fine

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by junny89; 02-19-15 at 01:26 PM.
    02-18-15 01:36 PM
    Hi,

I downloaded tapatalk. Now i get notifications in the hub which is fine. However when you press it, it just shows a black screen that's all.

This happens with all notifications such as:

1mobile
    Google play store

Just a black screen.

It used to work fine before but i switched passports. Everything remains the same. Just no notifications.

Checked the blackberry Google id and notifications are set to on.

Any ideas?
    Also now and again tapatalk, Google play store and 1 mobile spits out Google play services needed.
    They still work though but are annoying!

EDIT: after the new BlackBerry official update it's working fine

Posted via CB10
    Ok it only works with other apps like Google play store and 1mobile.
    However it still isn't working with tapatalk!
    When i go to blackberry Google id and check the permissions for tapatalk it says notifications are one and says how long ago the last notification was.
    But there's nothing in the hub??

Any ideas? It's unpatched btw. Only because it was working fine before with notifications etc.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 336907

Says notifications was sent but nothing in hub?
    Last edited by junny89; 02-25-15 at 02:00 PM.
    02-23-15 07:58 PM
    Here you go. It started on my device, but I didn't want to connect my Facebook account to this app. Maybe you can try.

Patched Lyft app

The problem was, that the patcher did recognize the correct file but for some reason did not patch it. I fired up my Blackberry Logger and traced what's happening in the android runtime:

Code:
    I/Crashlytics(91132092): Initializing Crashlytics 1.1.5.4
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for  in 324ms (321ms in ICU)
    E/ActivityThread(91132092): Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.AttributionIdProvider
    W/GooglePlayServicesUtil(91132092): Google Play services signature invalid.
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for en_US in 275ms (270ms in ICU)
    W/InputConnectionWrapper.ICC(9920703): Timed out waiting on IInputContextCallback
    I/System  (91132092): Loaded time zone names for de_DE in 211ms (205ms in ICU)
    W/System.err(91132092): java.lang.NullPointerException
    Google Play Services signature invalid. Aha! Patched it now.
    Hello, i just downloaded lyft and am having the same google play services problem. I tried your "patched lyft" link but it says your account has too much traffic and was disabled... do you have it somewhere else? Is it something i can download directly into my phone or does it have to be sideloaded? .... i'm on z10. 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:13 PM
    Update - There's a automated script by christian-georgescu

Original post bellow:

It is possible to make maps work inside various Android apps. For Google Account dependent apps, see my other thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...t-apps-866259/
    To fix such app you have to do:

How to find what Google Maps API version apk uses?
    1. Decompile app APK using apktool
    2. Check manifest - does it contain text "com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY"? If yes, application uses API v2 otherwise it uses API v1.

Patch app which uses API v1
    1. Decompile app APK using apktool
    2. Fix or remove Google Maps library dependency in manifest (this one is already known workaround) - the easiest way is to remove line with <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" /> completely
    3. Download gapps from goo.im either for Android 2.3.3 (for OS 10.1) or Android 4.2.2 (for OS 10.2)
    4. Extract framework from /system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar
    5. Decompile the maps jar using apktool as well
    6. Move decompiled maps smali code to your decompiled app
    7. Extract RSA key from the original APK (inside META-INF)
    8. Convert the key (openssl.exe pkcs7 -inform DER -in *.RSA -print_certs -out cert)
    9. Get MD5 fingerprint (openssl.exe x509 -noout -in cert -fingerprint -md5), remove colons, to lowercase (SHA1 might be necessary for API v2)
    10. Find method setAndroidSignature() (for Android 4.2.2 it's in file DataRequestDispatcher.smali, see post #28 for details)
    11. Current fingerprint is in parameter p1 and it's getting encoded into protobuf. Create new string (const-string v2) with the found fingerprint and use that when invoke-static instead.
    12. Compile it back, sign (jarsigner), convert, deploy, enjoy

See post #36 for detailed instructions thanks to ATV_Hightower.

How to deal with API v2
    1. Decompile your app using apktool.
    2. In file GooglePlayServicesUtil.smali find method isGooglePlayServicesAvailable() and replace the whole content of the method with just:
      Code:
          .locals 1
          .param p0, "context"    # Landroid/content/Context;

.prologue
          const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
      or (depending on versions you use), the second line might look like:
      Code:
          .parameter "context"
      The method name may be obfuscated - in that case it's the method containing string "com.android.vending".
    3. Change API v2 key to valid value (one you have registered, see https://developers.google.com/maps/d...ing_an_api_key) - otherwise tiles won't load.
    4. Pack your app, sign, convert, and deploy.
    5. Convert and deploy Google Play Services (aka GMS/GMSCore, latest apk is usually required!). com.google.android.gms must be install for maps to work!

Update (2014/01/28): Here's current version of Google Play Services with few patched verifications: Google Play services 4.1.32 (978161-36) patched.apk

WIP: I'm going to check if there's any easy way of reusing the authors fingerprint.

If you only embed framework code into app, it will work but won't load any tiles (app mBank, uses API v1)
    Attachment 211881

With correct fingerprint you have it all working (app Pubtran, uses API v1)
    Attachment 211882

Another example (app Meteor, also uses API v1)
    Attachment 211929

Simple test application using API v2.
    Attachment 213357

lyft also uses API v2.
    Attachment 213873
    Thanks, but is there a more user-friendly, less techy version of this?
    04-07-15 05:51 PM
    Thanks, but is there a more user-friendly, less techy version of this?
    Yes, in Cobalt's Google thread. Everything you need is there, look for his GMaps Patcher.
    04-07-15 06:43 PM
    I have downloaded and installed the 3 links you provided, which allowed Google Maps to work on my BBClassic. The above notification gets generated constantly. I then downloaded and installed Ghost Commander as instructed in a different forum. The rest of that was to "disable notification of the maps so u wont get those pesky notification". I don't know where and how to perform this last function. Please advise. Thanks a lot!
    05-09-15 02:47 PM
    I have downloaded and installed the 3 links you provided, which allowed Google Maps to work on my BBClassic. The above notification gets generated constantly. I then downloaded and installed Ghost Commander as instructed in a different forum. The rest of that was to "disable notification of the maps so u wont get those pesky notification". I don't know where and how to perform this last function. Please advise. Thanks a lot!
    On the home screen of ghost commander, tap on applications, then scroll to the app you want to disable hub notifications for. Tap on that app, and on the next screen tap 'manage'. On the screen that comes up, uncheck the little box near the upper left to disable notifications.

If you have Cobalt's BlackBerry ID installed, you can also use that by taping on the overflow button on the upper right, selecting android settings, then apps. This will bring you to a list of android apps, find the one you want and uncheck the box for notifications.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    05-10-15 07:29 AM
    Please can anyone give me a link so that I download the gmaps patcher for pc

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 07:33 AM
    Please can anyone give me a link so that I download the gmaps patcher for pc

Posted via CB10
    Search, please.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-11-15 07:53 AM
    Hi!

I tried too but I am not too good at this :-(

Can someone please (pretty please) fix the 99 Taxis app?

This is the link for google play -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xis99&hl=pt_BR

Thaanks!
    06-30-15 09:36 PM
    Sounds like people are having issues with run keeper (but back in 2014), any recent attempts at patching run keeper?
    07-02-15 08:31 PM
    Sounds like people are having issues with run keeper (but back in 2014), any recent attempts at patching run keeper?
    I got it working! I had to install the gplay services patch thing in addition to patching this app. Now it's great!!

My Tech, Finance Musings + Photography: C0020708C
    07-02-15 10:30 PM
    hi , can anyone help me patch the OLA Cabs app ..Its a taxi booking app in INDIA.

I tried patch however it gives play services error again and again and i have no clue.

Download Ola cabs - Book taxi in India APK for Android - (12M)
    07-07-15 12:00 AM
    Can anyone help me out with Olacabs, Uber apps. I tried GMaps Patching but google play services error issue is not resolved....
    07-26-15 12:05 AM
    has anybody tried to patch whatsdog? i tried to patch it, installed cobalt's google packs, installed the patched .apk and every time i enter the number to watch and press continue, it says "server error. please try again later" but it is not a server error cause on the android i have it works perfect. can anybody help me with this? i am really a newbie at bb and kind of lost with this issue..
    12-27-15 12:47 PM
    How did you patch that app? With Play Services Patcher? Or with Lucky Patcher?

Always use Play Services Patcher from my Google apps Landng page.
    12-27-15 01:11 PM
    i used Play Services Patcher 1.4 that you posted in a thread. and i had already installed on the z10 all the google apps u had posted in a diff thread- GOOGLE ACCOUNT MANAGER: ESSENTIAL, BLACKBERRY GOOGLE ID: ESSENTIAL, GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES and whitelist++. can u please help me out? i will take some screenshots if u need more info. thank u
    12-27-15 02:14 PM
    Hi Guys!

I did and installed everything in cobalt's landing page and everything is working except for google maps. I also patched the google maps apk before installing it... Although, when trying to run the google maps it can't sign me in in the app itself. Are there any suggestions or help for this?

Thanks!
    01-05-16 06:09 AM
    Hi Guys!

I did and installed everything in cobalt's landing page and everything is working except for google maps. I also patched the google maps apk before installing it... Although, when trying to run the google maps it can't sign me in in the app itself. Are there any suggestions or help for this?

Thanks!
    Joshua, which OS and phone variant are you using?

Regards
    03-09-16 02:06 AM
    I've downloaded the Lucky Patcher and it getting some error upon patching an app. Saying "device is unrooted". I am using BlackBerry Passport
    03-13-16 12:11 AM
    I've downloaded the Lucky Patcher and it getting some error upon patching an app. Saying "device is unrooted". I am using BlackBerry Passport
    See Cobalt's Comments in post #719. Lucky Patcher is not reliable and is no longer supported. Use Cobalt's Play Services patcher.
    03-17-16 12:26 AM
    Can I get the link of patcher, it seems it isn't available in the dropbox
    06-06-16 05:19 AM
733 ... 27282930