The Dropbox link doesn't work, could you please provide a new one?

Thanks.
    02-24-14 07:17 AM
    Hey

I also patched Runkeeper to see how v2.6 script performs. Maps show up on the startscreen, but after recording a track an empty map is displayed. This is a really strange behaviour.

No fix up to now.

Posted via CB10
    drewBB likes this.
    02-24-14 08:37 AM
    Can anyone give a go at Soundwave? I just don't want it to be just me with the issue.
    02-24-14 09:18 AM
    Can anyone give a go at Soundwave? I just don't want it to be just me with the issue.
    Patched with patcher v2.6, [p] mode. Seems ok but the track location is not working (shows me always on Dublin).

Anyway, here are the files perhaps it works:

And a screenshot
    How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-img_20140225_105941.png
    02-25-14 03:05 AM
    Something might be wrong with my API key cause I'm never able to get maps to work.
    02-25-14 03:28 AM
    Hello,

i need your help. Could someone patch me this APK file. I tried it several times but with no luck.

https://app.box.com/s/uwxsfu86zc3ndclcu1s5

Thank you for your help.
    02-25-14 04:55 AM
    Hello,

i need your help. Could someone patch me this APK file. I tried it several times but with no luck.

https://app.box.com/s/uwxsfu86zc3ndclcu1s5

Thank you for your help.
    Here it is. Enjoy!

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-img_20140225_131621.png
    02-25-14 05:17 AM
    Wow! Thank you so much for your fast help. Greetings.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:32 AM
    I'm usually keen to adapt to new technology and processes but this one is giving my brain a tough time. Maybe I'm getting too old for this lol

Can anyone patch Trip Advisor for Chicago for me? If you want me to send the apk I can do that. Crossing my fingers that someone who knows what they're doing sees this!

02-25-14 01:22 PM
    So in order to get some of these apps running, do you need to have the patched version of Google Play services installed, or just a patched version of the app itself?

..and I dont suppose there is a patching solution that will work on a mac..?

Thanks!
    02-25-14 04:40 PM
    So in order to get some of these apps running, do you need to have the patched version of Google Play services installed, or just a patched version of the app itself?

..and I dont suppose there is a patching solution that will work on a mac..?

Thanks!
    Patched version of Google play services. Cobalt includes it in his patcher package.
    02-25-14 08:09 PM
    Patched version of Google play services. Cobalt includes it in his patcher package.
    What patching does Google play services need? Could we patch the latest (version 4.2.42) ourselves?
    02-25-14 08:42 PM
    I'm usually keen to adapt to new technology and processes but this one is giving my brain a tough time. Maybe I'm getting too old for this lol

Can anyone patch Trip Advisor for Chicago for me? If you want me to send the apk I can do that. Crossing my fingers that someone who knows what they're doing sees this!

The APK for windy city is here (hope is the right one)

And a screen shot

How to fix any Android app dependent on Google Maps API and make maps working-img_20140226_092228.png

Enjoy
    jeffplayford likes this.
    02-26-14 01:26 AM
    Hey Christian! Good to see that you're back and thanks for your support!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 01:38 AM
    Hey Christian! Good to see that you're back and thanks for your support!

Posted via CB10
    Hi Cobalt. Nice to be back. And very very nice job on the patcher. Love the option to auto scan for apks in folder. Checkig the source I saw the script has almost 1000 lines now. Amazing evolution. Great job mate!

On a funny note, I see that it still has some issues on user-friendliness and people are afraid to dig in and try themselves. That was to be expected somehow (all the APIv1, APIv2, google play services mambo jumbo thing...). Perhaps you should add a single big bold menu entry PATCH and put the rest under advanced mode. Or call this tool crack instead of patch (witch sounds terrible technical) Just kidding!

Anyway, hope it helps many people and nice job again!
    02-26-14 02:20 AM
    Thanks buddy! That is the perfect one. We are travelling their from Canada so this will be a huge help in terms of finding out what aeras to see (or avoid lol). Cheers!

Spoke to soon, it appears that I got the same Google Play Services error when installing the APK you linked from dropbox. Am I forgetting a step? Software version is 10.2.1.537

Nevermind I am an *****! lol I had to delete the old version I had which still had the GP dependency on it... duhhh! It works great now.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeffplayford; 02-26-14 at 08:02 AM.
    02-26-14 07:22 AM
    Hi Cobalt. Nice to be back. And very very nice job on the patcher. Love the option to auto scan for apks in folder. Checkig the source I saw the script has almost 1000 lines now. Amazing evolution. Great job mate!

On a funny note, I see that it still has some issues on user-friendliness and people are afraid to dig in and try themselves. That was to be expected somehow (all the APIv1, APIv2, google play services mambo jumbo thing...). Perhaps you should add a single big bold menu entry PATCH and put the rest under advanced mode. Or call this tool crack instead of patch (witch sounds terrible technical) Just kidding!

Anyway, hope it helps many people and nice job again!
    Christian, I absolutely agree with you that using the installer is some kind of challenging with all it's options. Maybe we should write a Windows GUI version with one big PATCH button in the middle of the screen :-)

Maybe I'll look into this one day, for now I'm just too short on time.
    02-27-14 05:48 AM
    Can someone patch the life360 app please and the LOKKI app? Stuck with the google play services

EDIT: nevermind, this thread is about google maps and not google play services
    EDIT 2: seems that google play services can be fixed???
    Last edited by stekki; 02-27-14 at 07:56 AM.
    02-27-14 06:47 AM
    I tried to patch using Cobalt's tool, but without luck. Always get some errors in recompiling, looks like the tool is not finding some files.
    Can someone help please?
    02-27-14 08:57 AM
    Did you try to patch with option R

Start the script, press r and then press p

Option r will force the scipt not to decompile the resources.
    02-27-14 10:17 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Yes, I tried this option. Looks already better but not good enough . There is no fault message now, but the map loads without streets etc.
    I can see buttons on the map, but no streets etc. This for Life360 and LOKKI. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Did you try to patch with option R

Start the script, press r and then press p

Option r will force the scipt not to decompile the resources.
    02-27-14 12:52 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

Yes, I tried this option. Looks already better but not good enough . There is no fault message now, but the map loads without streets etc.
    I can see buttons on the map, but no streets etc. This for Life360 and LOKKI. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    I'll look into it...
    02-27-14 01:14 PM
    Hi Cobalt,

Thanks
    May I ask if you installed the Google Play Services package (com.google.android.gms.apk) ?
    02-27-14 01:18 PM
    Ok got it, think I can patch Life360...
    02-27-14 01:25 PM
    Cobalt, thanks very much! What about LOKKI? :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:08 PM
733 ... 2122232425 ...