oh no tell me if i will be able to update the app and have the icon back when the update is available for this app on playstore ?

Posted via CB10
    You will be able to install a newer version of what is still on your device.
    01-16-16 08:36 AM
    will i have the icon back then ? because rightnow i can only open up the app going to playstore selecting the "open" opton for this particular app ..... its very frustrating ..... i deleted the app because i felt it was consuming too much of my battery power even when i use this app a lot ..... and now i am not able to use it and it still remains on my fone eating my battery

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:45 AM
    will i have the icon back then ? because rightnow i can only open up the app going to playstore selecting the "open" opton for this particular app ..... its very frustrating ..... i deleted the app because i felt it was consuming too much of my battery power even when i use this app a lot ..... and now i am not able to use it and it still remains on my fone eating my battery

Posted via CB10
    If you update to a newer version, the icon will come back.

Just to be clear, you will still not be able to delete it though. You can only do that if you sideload the older Android Runtime.
    01-16-16 10:10 AM
    As Conite has said, the only way to really fix this is to install the older Android bar files and it is actually VERY easy to do. Many people use Sachesi, I have had the same success with the Google Chrome browser extention for BB10 / Playbook app manager.

Whichever method you use, you will need to sideload the files. There is no other way to fix this issue right now. Hopefully BlackBerry gets on the fix soon but I doubt that it's a priority for them as 'apps installed from other locations than BlackBerry World' are not technically their responsibility.
    01-16-16 10:19 AM

Hopefully BlackBerry gets on the fix soon but I doubt that it's a priority for them as 'apps installed from other locations than BlackBerry World' are not technically their responsibility.
    What about the Amazon appstore? That's now an official BlackBerry store.
    01-16-16 10:30 AM
    thanks conite ..... i hope they release the update soon and i get the icon back ..... and then if i want to delete it ..... i will delete it with blackberry google id method ..... thats very simple and worked for me u dont need to have PC or download the bar files.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:48 AM
    thanks conite ..... i hope they release the update soon and i get the icon back ..... and then if i want to delete it ..... i will delete it with blackberry google id method ..... thats very simple and worked for me u dont need to have PC or download the bar files.

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry Google ID method does not work either. It crashes the Android Runtime before it is able to complete the job.

The ONLY solution is loading the old Runtime.
    01-16-16 10:49 AM
    The BlackBerry Google ID method does not work either. It crashes the Android Runtime before it is able to complete the job.

The ONLY solution is loading the old Runtime.
    conite by following steps, its possible to uninstall the apps ..... i tried it and it works ..... i have modified first step though because then only it works ..... if u delete the icon first ..... it wont work.

blackberry google id�android settings� apps�all app�select the app in question�move to sd card�now go to sd card and select the app in question and uninstall it�now delete the icon.

to confirm the deletion, go to playstore and search the app and u will get only one option for that app and thats "install"

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:44 AM
    unlike others, i notice too much of lag in android apps if i click on them to open ..... it first shows a green line taking too long to complete and then only the app opens up ..... plz help.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:47 AM
    conite by following steps, its possible to uninstall the apps ..... i tried it and it works ..... i have modified first step though because then only it works ..... if u delete the icon first ..... it wont work.

blackberry google id�android settings� apps�all app�select the app in question�move to sd card�now go to sd card and select the app in question and uninstall it�now delete the icon.

to confirm the deletion, go to playstore and search the app and u will get only one option for that app and thats "install"

Posted via CB10
    That is an interesting workaround.

The only concern I would have is whether or not there is any residual evidence left over which may impeded the performance of something in the future in some unpredictable, unknown way.
    01-16-16 11:49 AM
    That is an interesting workaround.

The only concern I would have is whether or not there is any residual evidence left over which may impeded the performance of something in the future in some unpredictable, unknown way.
    yes i agree conite ..... i am not too tach savvy ..... i followed this method mentioned in one of the threads but that post said to delete the icon first ..... which still left me with the same problem ..... i modified it a bit and this method worked for me ..... yes the google blackberry id still crashes but atleast we dont find the app anywhere on the fone..... though i am not sure if it leaves a residual file or not ..... but this can be a workaround for the timebeing till blackberry fixes the issue, for the people who dont have access to PC

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 11:59 AM
    conite ..... plz help with that irritating green line while opening up the android apps

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 12:06 PM
    conite ..... plz help with that irritating green line while opening up the android apps
    That green line is a gauge of the progress of the Android runtime's initialization.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    01-16-16 01:49 PM
    before the update, i would see it only when i did restart with those apps kept opened but now this line comes every time i try to open up an android app.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 12:00 AM
    before the update, i would see it only when i did restart with those apps kept opened but now this line comes every time i try to open up an android app.
    You might let the Android runtime complete initialization before you launch any Android app. So, when you get that green line, close/exit the Android app(s) and wait a while before you launch one again.
    01-17-16 02:32 AM
    when the green line does not appear, i get a blank white or blank screen for sometime before the app opens up ..... i was not facing this issue before the update

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by preeti111; 01-17-16 at 01:18 PM.
    01-17-16 08:14 AM
    Cobalt,
    I'm trying to get the cobalt.blackberry.googleid.apk from one of your links but whenever I try to install it, it says: Unable to install this app.
    What's happening ?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 09:46 AM
    Remove any old version of bgid before updating.
    01-19-16 10:12 AM
    http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Still chasing BlackBerry to get this fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 10:19 AM
    Did that several times. Still same problem....

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 06:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 01:25 AM
    [QUOTE=Cobalt232;12217184]can U explain me with screenshot that how to uninstall android apps. I have seen your post but my English is no good so I can't understand it plz me to solve this issue I have BlackBerry Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 01:30 AM
    Hi .. you can uninstall the android app by trying this following step.
    First delete the android app by long pressing the icon.
    Then go to BlackBerry Google id. At the right corner select options > android setting >all applications > select the app to delete > move to SD card >after its done > click uninstall. Then the app ll close automatically. The app ll be uninstalled. If it's doesn't work then do the same process after removing the SD card.
    Do inform me if it work or doesn't

Posted via CB10
    samuel jeyakumar likes this.
    02-23-17 11:31 AM
    I love it when a year old thread gets revived
    02-23-17 11:39 AM
    Samuel this worked, thank you! My process was slightly different but I was able to figure it out based on your direction:

• Long press the app icon from the app tray and press the trash can, confirm delete
    • Open Blackberry Google ID
    • Press menu Icon in upper right corner and select Android Settings
    • Scroll to and select Apps
    • Select app in question from the "Downloaded" list
    • Select move to SD Card
    • When complete select app in question from the "SD Card" list
    • Select "Uninstall"
    • Blackberry Google ID will close and app is uninstalled

I did it twice and it works!
    Thanks dude..
    02-24-17 06:04 AM
51 123