Managed to make it work on my Z10 but after a few minutes of gameplay. Pokestops and pokemon stops from appearing.
    giangio1986 likes this.
    08-09-16 06:54 AM
    install and run normally... but GPS error on Leap
    08-09-16 06:59 AM
    Managed to make it work on my Z10 but after a few minutes of gameplay. Pokestops and pokemon stops from appearing.
    Yes. This is a known limitation on BB10. You have to reboot your device when this happens. No way around it.
    08-09-16 07:50 AM
    I have blackberry and everything is okay. You just must have android 4.4 and higher
    No. Minimum Android API version check has been stripped by patching. It works on BB10, but must be rebooted periodically.
    08-09-16 07:52 AM
    Is a solution being worked on or something? Cause its kind of annoys me.
    08-09-16 08:02 AM
    Is a solution being worked on or something? Cause its kind of annoys me.
    There is no solution.
    08-09-16 08:04 AM
    I'm a junior dev and i don't know much about it. And at the cost of sound stupid.
    ...deeph inhale...
    Since cobalt can do the reverse engineering can we just manage to change the api calls and maybe even work On a dynamic solution to change the specific api calls to match our bb10 apis? We have the code so lets us show the world who does it better

...deep exhale...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 11:30 AM
    I'm a junior dev and i don't know much about it. And at the cost of sound stupid.
    ...deeph inhale...
    Since cobalt can do the reverse engineering can we just manage to change the api calls and maybe even work On a dynamic solution to change the specific api calls to match our bb10 apis? We have the code so lets us show the world who does it better

...deep exhale...

Posted via CB10
    I have a feeling that it has nothing to do with the problem, though. According to the other posts in this thread, when they try to monitor the process, it eventually says that the GPS or something maps-related crashed. This leads me to believe that maybe the cache got too full and that it persists even after closing and reopening the app or even force-crashing the Android player with Ghost Commander. It must save the cache somewhere in the internal storage (i.e. not in memory or restarting the app or crashing/restarting the Android player would just fix it). I also don't know enough to dig around it very much...
    Last edited by Johnny Li; 08-09-16 at 11:38 AM. Reason: replace "that stuff" with "the problem"
    08-09-16 11:38 AM
    ...deeph inhale...

...deep exhale...

Posted via CB10
    Holy smokes. Before you try to move the heavens and the earth, just buy a $60 Android tablet.
    08-09-16 12:00 PM
    Holy smokes. Before you try to move the heavens and the earth, just buy a $60 Android tablet.
    Well, why don�t give him a try? I don�t know much about it, but for him that could be a good experience to learn more about app programming
    08-09-16 12:21 PM
    Well, why don�t give him a try? I don�t know much about it, but for him that could be a good experience to learn more about app programming
    Except it's not possible. BlackBerry devices will not accept any software that is not signed by them.

Recoding the entire Pokemon app to work with BlackBerry is nothing short of starting it from scratch. It would be a monumental task, and one that would get a letter from Nintendo's lawyers.
    08-09-16 12:27 PM
    There has to be a work around for the restart every 10 mins. Someone's going to figure it out, crossed fingers.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    08-09-16 02:05 PM
    Guys let's agree to stop posting anything counter productive on this thread.

That means no more bb10 sucks thing, no more wishing for this app to work, no more asking how to install pokemon go.

Everything has been discussed here since the beginning of this thread so please read.

Let's keep this thread for the app development and for any new discoveries. The effort that has been done here is tremendous, and even myself with zero programming knowledge have contributed something minor to the development.

We know bb10 will die eventually. We know that restarting the phone every 10 minutes sucks. We all wish to have a working version of this app.

I visit this thread twice every day to see if there's any updates and most of the time I get some of the comments mentioned above which sucks big time.

This is counter productive. We bb10 users feel left out by blackberry and the pokemon go developers. The only way to enjoy this game is in giving the developers a break. So if you don't have anything productive to comment then please don't comment anything.

Many thanks for everyone working hard here to make this app work. Love all the effort and please keep it up! Sorry for my rant but it has to be said.

Posted via CB10
    Flamel and michal zavodsky like this.
    08-09-16 02:54 PM
    Maybe the last update of BB10 will be an optional update to Android?^^

Just a questoin, have anyone the new "closed beta" tracking?, Does it work?

How often can i use my google api keys?
    08-09-16 03:00 PM
    That means no more bb10 sucks thing, no more wishing for this app to work, no more asking how to install pokemon go.

Posted via CB10
    So you only want to see a post every week or two that says: "new version is out, here is the patched app, it still doesn't work properly"?
    08-09-16 03:06 PM
    So you only want to see a post every week or two that says: "new version is out, here is the patched app, it still doesn't work properly"?
    This and how to update android runtime to 5.1....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 03:09 PM
    There has to be a work around for the restart every 10 mins. Someone's going to figure it out, crossed fingers.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.

Hahah Good luck with that
    08-09-16 05:57 PM
    It patched fine. Since it no longer uses the maps api key, I will provide a link to the 0.33.0 patched app here:

https://mega.nz/#!lUJiTAyB!CtzJmbAlh...gH3RuhWcJpVs7I
    Conite could you please use something else to upload files?.
    Mega doesn't work with bb10, neither with the app.

In Mozilla I am asked for your key to download

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 06:47 PM
    Conite could you please use something else to upload files?.
    Mega doesn't work with bb10, neither with the app.

In Mozilla I am asked for your key to download

Posted via CB10
    First, the mega app on BB10 works fine.

Second, computer browser works fine too. No key required.
    08-09-16 06:58 PM
    Playing around with it a bit more, it appears that there might be an unintended consequence of this update that benefits us (maybe). After the three step bug, I had no way of knowing whether my session disconnected or not and had to get to the nearest pokestop and see if I got the "try again later" message, which would indicated that I needed to restart my phone. But now, it seems that once the sightings go blank, it's a sign I need to restart my phone. This might save me some precious minutes of hoping my session hasn't disconnected and delaying the restart to immediately restarting when the sightings go blank.
    08-10-16 12:58 AM
    In my z10 not working! What app di you use?
    08-10-16 01:26 AM
    First, the mega app on BB10 works fine.

Second, computer browser works fine too. No key required.
    Foolish question but how do I search it on the mega app? The browser link keeps telling me 'unknown device ' and I'm using a Z30

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 07:01 AM
    Foolish question but how do I search it on the mega app? The browser link keeps telling me 'unknown device ' and I'm using a Z30

Posted via CB10
    ok, i figured this out, used my desktop app to save file then upload from the Mega app on my phone
    08-10-16 09:10 AM
    Except it's not possible. BlackBerry devices will not accept any software that is not signed by them.

Recoding the entire Pokemon app to work with BlackBerry is nothing short of starting it from scratch. It would be a monumental task, and one that would get a letter from Nintendo's lawyers.
    Nintendo did not make this app. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 09:30 AM
    1) I was thinking about an open source project
    2) didnt thinked about ninentendo lawyers
    3) (this is a question) since "we"(cobalt) can patch the app and take out all the requirements. wouldnt it be just easier to make a spider to look for api calls? And then change them?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 12:21 PM
726 ... 2425262728 ...