07-17-16 04:07 PM
    Yeah, but since it's 4.4.4+, we can't, because we're stuck on 4.3.
    Well, that�s right, but i installed the google-login 4.4.4 from cobalt. I think, that must work
    07-17-16 04:30 PM
    Just a note, it just officially got released to Canada today, so the servers are pretty busy.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:04 PM
    Well, that�s right, but i installed the google-login 4.4.4 from cobalt. I think, that must work
    You don't need 4.4.4 to get it to work. In fact, Cobalt has said a few times that that version is experimental and that you don't need to use that one. If you're unable to start the game or login to Google, I'd recommend the other login.

In addition, pretty sure Flamel is referring to the Android Runtime which is 4.3. Pokemon Go uses 4.4, the only way to fix that is BB updating because that's apart of the core mechanics of the phone.
    07-17-16 07:23 PM
    You don't need 4.4.4 to get it to work. In fact, Cobalt has said a few times that that version is experimental and that you don't need to use that one.
    Things have changed. You now need 4.4.4 in order to make purchases.
    07-17-16 07:29 PM
    My bad, I don't mean to spread misinformation!
    07-17-16 11:06 PM
    It is not patched..
    I have downloaded it but unable to install
    07-18-16 01:08 AM
    Ok guys, so i've been playing Pokemon Go on my Z30 for a week now, and despite the regular requirement to reboot the, i'm actually really enjoying it.

So my question, is there anyway to make in-app purchases from Blackberry? I have a payment method configured on my play account, but in the game there is no coin purchase option in the shop.

I could probably borrow someone else's phone to make the purchase I'm guessing, but it would be better if I could make them myself. Any ideas?

Thanks
    07-18-16 02:09 AM
    Ok guys, so i've been playing Pokemon Go on my Z30 for a week now, and despite the regular requirement to reboot the, i'm actually really enjoying it.

So my question, is there anyway to make in-app purchases from Blackberry? I have a payment method configured on my play account, but in the game there is no coin purchase option in the shop.

I could probably borrow someone else's phone to make the purchase I'm guessing, but it would be better if I could make them myself. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Looking up to Conite's post...prepare to borrow someone's phone as the purchases are for 4.4.4+ only.
    07-18-16 02:33 AM
    Attachment 404188

Posted via CB10
    BB10 has much more serious issues than this.
    besides I'll bet BlackBerry would kill to get this game on BB10.
    Javid Gozalov likes this.
    07-18-16 03:03 AM
    I am going to email Niantic to see if they are interested
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    07-18-16 08:06 AM
    Nope..i tried on my z30..same Problem even after applying cobalt's patcher.i even tried the trainer account..it does not login..the problem is as everyone. Says support for Android 4.4 is not there as all game engines now for AR to work requires alteast android lollipop.
    I am stuck up in the same situation.i tried to create Vr and AR apps and hit a Great Wall.! Now no other option but to go to Android.!
    Maybe we can go for BlackBerry Hamburg or Rome.!
    But by then the game will be played gazillion times.! : )

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 10:16 AM
    I get it to log in and even play after I restart the Passport. But when I catch the pokemon the game freezes. It drives me mad!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 12:13 PM
    I get it to log in and even play after I restart the Passport. But when I catch the pokemon the game freezes. It drives me mad!

Posted via CB10
    It seems to be a bug with the game as it happens on my android device sometimes as well.

It also seemed to happen with the older version more often and it's better with the newer version.
    I think the server gets overloaded and it can't connect so it freezes, but it seems most times the pokemon does get caught and you get XP as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 12:29 PM
    It seems to be a bug with the game as it happens on my android device sometimes as well.

It also seemed to happen with the older version more often and it's better with the newer version.
    I think the server gets overloaded and it can't connect so it freezes, but it seems most times the pokemon does get caught and you get XP as well.

Posted via CB10
    Nice. Thank you man for your help.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 03:16 PM
    Getting the exact same "view" on my leap, rebooting doesn't help and installing a more recent patched version than the 0.29.0 gets me the same issue. Whitelist was the only apk that I had yet to install, all others I already had installed. So my virtual character slowly spins, by consequence the only thing that remains of the character is a collection of colours chosen on the outfit.

Immediately the purple lined circle in the image gets completely "filled" in pink, so a big pink circle around the place were the character is. At the same time my phone starts buzzing signaling 3 pokemons within the pink circle, which also pop up on the screen vaguely (by shape and colour I can tell it's squirtle, charmander and bulbasour?). I can tap the image of the Pokemon and a pop-up screen appears to either enable the camera or "maybe later". But neither of both makes that screen completely disappear. By luck I have been able to throw some pokeballs, each leaving a red, black and white stripe (like the windows patience decks rolling down when completing a game).

So like others already reported, completely unplayable ...any solutions (in the making)?

That's what it looks like for me on my Classic with 0.29.0. It's pretty much impossible to play with glitches that layer on top of everything when I move and when there's pop-ups.

Attachment 404070

I couldn't patch 0.29.2 for some reason. The Cobalt Patcher told me there was nothing to patch and when I tried to install it, it said "unable to install".
    07-18-16 05:33 PM
    Getting the exact same "view" on my leap, rebooting doesn't help and installing a more recent patched version than the 0.29.0 gets me the same issue. Whitelist was the only apk that I had yet to install, all others I already had installed. So my virtual character slowly spins, by consequence the only thing that remains of the character is a collection of colours chosen on the outfit.

Immediately the purple lined circle in the image gets completely "filled" in pink, so a big pink circle around the place were the character is. At the same time my phone starts buzzing signaling 3 pokemons within the pink circle, which also pop up on the screen vaguely (by shape and colour I can tell it's squirtle, charmander and bulbasour?). I can tap the image of the Pokemon and a pop-up screen appears to either enable the camera or "maybe later". But neither of both makes that screen completely disappear. By luck I have been able to throw some pokeballs, each leaving a red, black and white stripe (like the windows patience decks rolling down when completing a game).

So like others already reported, completely unplayable ...any solutions (in the making)?
    You described the issue pretty well. The solitaire example is pretty on point.
    07-18-16 06:33 PM
    For the Q/Z-10 or Classic Blackberries... maybe not for your device, but maybe playing on your pc will keep you busy..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ur-pc-1080064/
    07-19-16 03:51 AM
    I use BlackBerry q10 OS 10.3
    This Gadget work pokemon go?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 07:04 AM
    Just get a Priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails How do I get Pokemon Go to work on BlackBerry 10?-216761.jpg  
    07-19-16 07:04 AM
    I am going to email Niantic to see if they are interested
    Good luck.

They didn't bother with ingress.
    07-19-16 09:28 AM
    So right now I can get the game to work completely for 5-10 minutes after rebooting. Any time after that, or if I close the app and re-open it, it doesn't show any nearby Pokemon, nor any stops, nor gyms. The little white bar showing the shadow of nearby Pokemon is blank after that.

BUT, it can still track my GPS location on the map, and I tried using an item and levelling up some Pokemon, then accessing it from my Android tablet, and the Pokemon I levelled up were still levelled up, and my item was gone (I'd selected an incubator to use on an egg). So it's not completely non-functional, just a little bit. Seems to be it's just the part of the game that can tell if there's anything nearby that stops working.
    07-19-16 12:32 PM
    So right now I can get the game to work completely for 5-10 minutes after rebooting. Any time after that, or if I close the app and re-open it, it doesn't show any nearby Pokemon, nor any stops, nor gyms. The little white bar showing the shadow of nearby Pokemon is blank after that.

BUT, it can still track my GPS location on the map, and I tried using an item and levelling up some Pokemon, then accessing it from my Android tablet, and the Pokemon I levelled up were still levelled up, and my item was gone (I'd selected an incubator to use on an egg). So it's not completely non-functional, just a little bit. Seems to be it's just the part of the game that can tell if there's anything nearby that stops working.
    As I said before, this is similar to an Ingress antihacking protocol where what you do doesn't really work anymore when the app realizes you are using a non-standard Android phone. (Ingress is the game that Pokemon Go was based off of, by the same company.)

There is unlikely to be a fix unless you use a real Android phone. Or until BB10 officially gets Google Play Services.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 12:44 PM
    Hope you're wrong but it seems to be real.
    When I see some guys who play on twitch with a hack. Like the Google maps cheat.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 04:25 PM
    It's not anti hacking algorithm. It's something else that is missing. My Pokemon Go app works fine and not crashing. The only issue I am facing is that the GPS is not detection to activate the incense feature. I did get my first pokemon, but nothing after that although I haven't walked and explored places were pokemon might be.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 05:01 PM
726 ... 89101112 ...