Conite, does 0.37 load and login for you? It hangs on the loading screen and does not login completely.
    I don't play it.
    09-11-16 10:41 AM
    Conite, does 0.37 load and login for you? It hangs on the loading screen and does not login completely.
    I doubt it does, but it'll be interesting to know. Looks like Niantic are using something call SafetyNet to block devices running apks from unsupported/rooted devices.

I security wiped my phone and reinstalled 0.35.0 which continued to work for a couple of hours today, but now even that won't let me log in.

I hear they are working on a new apk with anti-ban mod. If someone can try and patch that we may be able to play again!
    Last edited by Kanji_XIII; 09-11-16 at 11:14 AM.
    09-11-16 10:49 AM
    No comments on this? Am I the only person still playing Pokemon Go on a Blackberry?

Anyway, after re-installing 0.35.0 it seems to be ok again. It's signing me in so at least I can play.

I'm wondering if the update will work all of a sudden of anyone......I may give it another go tonight.
    09-12-16 11:25 AM
    No comments on this? Am I the only person still playing Pokemon Go on a Blackberry?

Anyway, after re-installing 0.35.0 it seems to be ok again. It's signing me in so at least I can play.

I'm wondering if the update will work all of a sudden of anyone......I may give it another go tonight.
    No, you're not the only one. I tried it, it failed to log me in, so I reinstalled the older version (like you did).

I'm highly suspicious about this particular .apk file since no other Android or iOS users have the update yet.

Either:

A) That .apk file is fake
    B) It is real but faulty, (problems with the app are causing it to fail certification for either app stores), or
    C) It is real, but the version is being blocked by Niantic servers until it is actually available in app stores

I am dubious of the claims that they're blocking people to log in from rooted devices or whatever because a large number of people on their Facebook seem to suggest that their statement was made for liability/support purposes.
    09-12-16 11:46 AM
    No, you're not the only one. I tried it, it failed to log me in, so I reinstalled the older version (like you did).

I'm highly suspicious about this particular .apk file since no other Android or iOS users have the update yet.

Either:

B) It is real but faulty, (problems with the app are causing it to fail certification for either app stores), or
    C) It is real, but the version is being blocked by Niantic servers until it is actually available in app stores

I am dubious of the claims that they're blocking people to log in from rooted devices or whatever because a large number of people on their Facebook seem to suggest that their statement was made for liability/support purposes.
    Thanks for the response!

I really hope that's true and it's just a suspect apk file. I guess we just sit tight for now until we have a verified source upload a new apk and then patch it for BB10.

I could really do with some more charmander candies!!
    09-12-16 11:50 AM

Either:

It's legit, although it may have been pulled before going mainstream.
    09-12-16 12:35 PM
    Someone mentioned one candy per three kms.
    It varies by species (similar to eggs).
    09-12-16 12:42 PM
    It's the legit APK as it was available on APKMirror at the same time it was on the Play store.

Does not work due to SafetyNet that is affecting rooted users on Android.

The good news is if you can sign on legitimately on an updated android device and set your buddy, when you play on the old version 0.35, the buddy stats are kept and given to you once you login to the 0.37 version on Android, again.
    09-13-16 01:04 PM
    It's the legit APK as it was available on APKMirror at the same time it was on the Play store.

Does not work due to SafetyNet that is affecting rooted users on Android.

The good news is if you can sign on legitimately on an updated android device and set your buddy, when you play on the old version 0.35, the buddy stats are kept and given to you once you login to the 0.37 version on Android, again.
    Thanks for the heads up. I don't know whether this is good news or bad, but for now I have updated the game on my wifes wifi only ipad and assigned charmander as my buddy.

If I walk 6K tomorrow I'll have the last 2 candies I need to evolve him into Charmeleon.

This does feel like the beginning of the end though. As BB10 is not rooted, there are no tools available to make it appear as a legitimate Android OS.

I've used my �30 of poke coins now, my incubators have all been used. Level 24 and 105 pokemon found. I guess once we're forced to update it's the end of Pokemon Go on BB10. It's been a fun couple of months, but I won't be purchasing a new phone for this game.

Shame, Niantic just lost another paying customer.
    09-13-16 04:50 PM
    Yeah, we will need to see if they reverse course for the next version release in two weeks.
    09-14-16 01:36 PM
    Well... my Priv came on Monday so screw this. It actually feels kinda good to be on a phone where everything works properly the first time for a change... or at all.

Sigh... but I miss BB10
    09-14-16 01:47 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty slick on the Priv. Great phone and a near-steal for the $3xx it floats around.
    09-15-16 10:23 AM
    Well looks like it's game over for all BB10 and rooted android players today.

With the release of 0.39 it appears that 0.35 no longer works.

If anyone patches the new app with success then let me know, but it's pretty doubtful we'll be able to play anymore.

RIP Pok�mon Go (Summer 2016, Jul-Sep)
    09-26-16 03:19 AM
    I haven't tried it, but for what it's worth, here is the latest patched Pokemon GO (0.39.1):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjpn6nq05l...tched.apk?dl=0
    09-26-16 09:54 AM
    I haven't tried it, but for what it's worth, here is the latest patched Pokemon GO (0.39.1):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjpn6nq05l...tched.apk?dl=0
    Thanks for doing this dude. Just installed it, but as expected, no dice!! Get the dreaded "Unable to connect to server" error.

I can't say i'm not a little disappointed, but considering i've known about the impending end for at least the past 10 days I had pretty much already resigned myself.

Guess I'll give my account away to a friend who has an IPhone.
    09-26-16 11:56 AM
    BB10 OS is not supported. Unfortunately, this OS is a different kind of workhorse. An opportunity missed by the previous leadership. It sucks but that's where we are.

Going to purchase a BlackBerry Passport soon. Until then, I'll keep using my...

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS version 10.3.2.2876) on AT&T
    11-19-16 04:21 AM
    Was able to play (=cheat) via an Android emulator but updates killed that possibility off too...it sucks that only the two biggest OS's can make the app available!
    11-23-16 06:26 AM
    Pick up an older device or even a decent device with a cracked screen or something so you can join in the fun. You can get $50-100 devices that are pretty darn good.
    11-23-16 04:19 PM
    Pick up an older device or even a decent device with a cracked screen or something so you can join in the fun. You can get $50-100 devices that are pretty darn good.
    Buy a phone just to play Pokemon Go.

Smart thinking there...
    12-07-16 04:54 AM
    Buy a phone just to play Pokemon Go.

Smart thinking there...
    Hah, I bought a damaged Galaxy S4 for other purposes (Google the ONO 3D printer for why) and was planning on using it for PoGo.

Got the screen fixed and discovered it's an AT&T phone, so I can't stay on stock (AT&T never updated the GS4 past 4.4.2) and I have very limited selection for custom ROMs(the AT&T GS4 bootloader was never cracked), and none of them work with PoGo's hacking protection.

Feels bad, man.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-16 12:13 PM
    Anyone have the app working in 2017?
    09-01-17 03:49 PM
    Not possible since they implemented the android root ban.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-17 05:21 PM
    Any app that use verify checks for SafetyNet, one of Google's security APIs, won't be able to be used on BB10, many financial apps and game apps that use in-app-purchases(IAP) check for this.
    09-01-17 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the info. What is the error message I can expect to see on these apps (so I know when I see it that it's futile to try to fix it)?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-17 02:50 AM
    it will be an authentication error. Apps have different ways of showing it. If its login then it will say something about being unable to login under this device or app will say incompatible with device or some will say rooted device not compatible with app.
    09-02-17 02:54 PM
726 ... 27282930