Best solution.......get an android
    07-31-16 01:39 PM
    No point trying to play a game u can't enjoy
    07-31-16 01:40 PM
    Best solution.......get an android
    Android doesn't matter anymore. The game has become crap on every device.

I don't think I'm going to play anymore if Niantic is just going to have us wander around aimlessly trying to luck out and run into pokemon. For those that aren't aware, the latest update permanently removes all tracking steps from under pokemon in your nearby list. They also made it so that sites like pokevision no longer work, which means there is now absolutely no way to know where a pokemon is or how far away they are, and even whether or not you are getting closer to one. People aren't sure whether this is a temporary measure or if they really do not intend on ever revisiting it. If that is the case, I don't see any point in playing this game anymore. I'm not going to wander aimlessly knowing that a rare or uncommon pokemon is likely going to unspawn before I even get close...
    07-31-16 02:12 PM
    Can someone send me link to patcher ?
    I can't find that patcher because the search system on this CB app is atrocious.

Posted via CB10
    /more-your-blackberry-10-phone-f306/how-patch-android-apps-depending-google-maps-google-play-services-914930/

Use Patcher 1.5beta with apktool 2.1.1 and your own maps api key.
    loutishworm likes this.
    07-31-16 02:25 PM
    Are there any other steps involved before running Analyze APK? I keep getting the following error:
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes]
    Fatal error: Decompilation failed, aborting.
    07-31-16 02:35 PM
    Are there any other steps involved before running Analyze APK? I keep getting the following error:
    The package contains 1 classes.dex file
    [Decompiling classes]
    Fatal error: Decompilation failed, aborting.
    That could be a number of things.

You installed Play Services Patcher 1.4, and then put the 1.5a executable in the same directory? You updated the apktool to version 2.1.1 and changed the file name to match the existing version? Did you choose to "update framework" on first run?
    07-31-16 02:52 PM

You installed Play Services Patcher 1.4, and then put the 1.5a executable in the same directory? You updated the apktool to version 2.1.1 and changed the file name to match the existing version? Did you choose to "update framework" on first run?
    Yes/Yes/Probably not

I don't think the update framework worked for me... got this message:
    Attempting to delete framework file C:\Users\Tyler\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Info: Found no framework file to delete. Analyze a package to create a new framework file.

Not sure why it would be looking for a file in that folder as it doesn't exist. I'm guessing I missed another step somewhere
    07-31-16 03:16 PM
    Yes/Yes/Probably not

I don't think the update framework worked for me... got this message:
    Attempting to delete framework file C:\Users\Tyler\apktool\framework\1.apk
    Info: Found no framework file to delete. Analyze a package to create a new framework file.

Not sure why it would be looking for a file in that folder as it doesn't exist. I'm guessing I missed another step somewhere
    You have to be analysing an actual apk file in order to update the firework.
    07-31-16 03:17 PM
    You have to be analysing an actual apk file in order to update the firework.
    I have the correct file listed in the Android Package Archive section. Not sure I understand what I missed.
    07-31-16 03:31 PM
    do you have the file???
    07-31-16 06:54 PM
    https://m.box.com/file/32408371341/d...r6bqfmmtfg8y9l

guys this is a link to a working Google Maps. Could someone integrate it into the pokemon Go files?
    08-01-16 12:09 AM
    What do you have to do for correctly patch the application with PS Patcher 1.5 ? Cause i can install pokemon go and run it in my phone but it's impossible to log in with google account.
    I have all google application from cobalt but i dont know if i miss something when i patch the application ?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 12:29 AM
    Bought a cheap 70$ android phone (I will not trash my sweet precious BB).
    Works OK, I guess. I use it only for pokemon, and I don't really care if I crash this phone while going on a bicycle around or something. Hardly a solution to the problem, but nah, still not an impossible one.

I'm really curious if someone will actually successfully run the game on BlackBerry (without need to restart the phone). Good luck guys!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 03:11 AM
    https://m.box.com/file/32408371341/d...r6bqfmmtfg8y9l

guys this is a link to a working Google Maps. Could someone integrate it into the pokemon Go files?
    Google Maps has nothing to do with the game. You don't need it.
    08-01-16 08:17 AM
    Actually they were having the same bug. Read up a bit earlier in the thread.
    08-01-16 09:28 AM
    Actually they were having the same bug. Read up a bit earlier in the thread.
    I'm telling you that the existence of GMaps on your device is irrelevant to the Pokemon game.
    08-01-16 09:34 AM
    People don't like to give out an app that has their personal maps api key.

Did the older shared version not give out the maps api key?
    08-01-16 01:46 PM
    Did the older shared version not give out the maps api key?
    Yes.
    08-01-16 02:24 PM
    New version came today?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 02:46 PM
    I'm telling you that the existence of GMaps on your device is irrelevant to the Pokemon game.
    But it seems that the map in PokeGo is a Googlemaps map.
    The bug there is the same. It seems that the weird disconnect is caused by any connect to the googlemaps
    08-02-16 04:17 AM

Works good for me,
    only one questions, in PS patcher there Maps api key and Location api key.
    I copied only Maps api key, do i need also update Location api key?
    08-02-16 04:20 AM
    Works good for me,
    only one questions, in PS patcher there Maps api key and Location api key.
    I copied only Maps api key, do i need also update Location api key?
    Pokemon only uses the maps key.
    08-02-16 07:11 AM
    ok, one more question,
    is there any PS patcher source codes?
    I thought that it would be good, to make it online, like Saas.
    So i'd like to see how actually PS patcher works, to rewrite it with Node.js, and run on some server
    08-02-16 07:16 AM
    But it seems that the map in PokeGo is a Googlemaps map.
    The bug there is the same. It seems that the weird disconnect is caused by any connect to the googlemaps
    Yes, Pokemon uses the GMaps api key, but it still has nothing to do with the GMaps app. The two things are completely unrelated.
    08-02-16 07:20 AM
    BTW:
    i read some comments from apkmirror PokemonGo page, and it seems to be that some android users also have the same 10minutes playtime.
    08-02-16 08:25 AM
726 ... 1920212223 ...