I have a feeling the reason you can't play after the first 5 mins is because of the anticheating algorithm. It detects you're using a weird version of the app or runtime and locks you out.

I know in Ingress (the game that Pokemon Go is based from) locked me out from playing after a while. It's probably not something we can fix and if anything, you might get temp banned or banned altogether for playing on a non-supported device.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:50 PM
    I have a feeling the reason you can't play after the first 5 mins is because of the anticheating algorithm. It detects you're using a weird version of the app or runtime and locks you out.
    This makes a lot of sense. I tried just to walk around my neighborhood, but I really can't get too far before it feels like it's not detecting Pokemon. When I launch the app about four or so spawn right on me. If I walk to the little puffs of grass, nothing happens (that or I'm not close enough?). Restarting the app without restarting the phone just makes no Pokemon appear nearby. If I could solve that, I wouldn't be so upset, but obviously standing in front of someone's house for ten minutes is a little suspicious, so I'd prefer not to.
    07-15-16 10:13 PM
    We should ask Nintendo if they can solve that problem. They don�t have a lot to do until a official release on bb10 devices :'D
    07-16-16 08:22 AM
    It is strange why we need a phone restart to get the game to work again. I've tried all combinations of turning off radio, deleting Pok�mon Go cache, and restarting the android runtime...still won't work. I'm starting to think it's almost a BlackBerry service that kicks in after 10 minutes or so.

Just in case it's a timed thing, like an anti-cheat mechanism, I'll wait 10 min before manually restarting the android runtime...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 10:09 AM
    If only we could have a cheater to tell us what happens when you cheat...
    07-16-16 11:30 AM
    Have you guys tried walking around in tall grass?

p.s. I like shorts. They're easy and comfy to wear. :-)
    07-16-16 11:44 AM
    Patched version from Cobalt's thread works.
    I am able to run game, login to my account using Google ID (not able to login my Pokemon trainer ID, but don't know why).
    But there are horrible graphics glitches on my Classic. In very short time, map is completely unusable (looks like random generated pixels all over screen)
    Same here on my leap. The install went surprisingly well but the game is unplayable due to graphics issues. On a Leap here...Also getting the GPS error but camera was working in the game for a short time.
    07-16-16 11:59 AM
    So all we know by now is that:
    You can install it by following Cobalt's guide and using patched .apk from page 270
    On all phones not being Passport and Z30 the game works, but with graphics issues
    On Passport/Z30 the game works properly only if opened as a first app on a restarted phone. Any interaction with other apps or minimizing makes the game unplayable as nothing shows on the map.
    AR error happens sometimes on Passport (self-observation)
    GPS error is irrelevant if you can see the streets
    The game works fine for about 10-45 mins, then crashes/casually stops showing anything - suspected reasons are BBMaps error and/or some kind of an anti-cheat mechanism - installing GMaps doesn't help as we can't make it a default mapping service
    Anything to push it forward and make it fully playable?
    07-16-16 03:13 PM
    So all we know by now is that:
    You can install it by following Cobalt's guide and using patched .apk from page 270
    On all phones not being Passport and Z30 the game works, but with graphics issues
    On Passport/Z30 the game works properly only if opened as a first app on a restarted phone. Any interaction with other apps or minimizing makes the game unplayable as nothing shows on the map.
    AR error happens sometimes on Passport (self-observation)
    GPS error is irrelevant if you can see the streets
    The game works fine for about 10-45 mins, then crashes/casually stops showing anything - suspected reasons are BBMaps error and/or some kind of an anti-cheat mechanism - installing GMaps doesn't help as we can't make it a default mapping service
    Anything to push it forward and make it fully playable?
    Nice summary!

Posted via my amazing Passport running 10.3.2.something
    07-16-16 04:43 PM
    I've conducted a small experiment yesterday to determine whether it's an anti-cheat mechanism or some mapping issue that makes the game unplayable.
    Here's what I did: I restarted my phone before bed without opening any apps and went to sleep. When I woke up (approx. 9hours) I opened Pokemon GO as a first app and...it wasn't working properly. Exactly the same thing that was happening when this 10-45 mins passed: no pokestops, gyms or pokemon nearby.
    Conclusion? Our restart-your-phone-all-the-time-or-don't-play-at-all issue is most likely NOT an anti-cheat mechanism. What is it then? No idea. It seems as if some other app was opening during post-boot time that disturbs the game. My theory is that if we reset our phone and play the game, it somehow uses google's mapping and after that time window that allows us to play...BBMaps kick in and we still can see where we are and how we move but no pokestops or pokemon, because there is no data related in BBMaps.
    Thoughts anyone?
    07-17-16 03:11 AM
    Jeez, I wish I could buy Pokeballs. Since I only have like 5 to 10 minute uptime. I can only get like 9 or so from stalking a PokeStop for an hour.
    07-17-16 04:45 AM
    Giving up on BlackBerry to go play pokemon is as strange as playing that game period. Have seen the permissions it requires to run? It basically takes over the phone

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:48 AM
    How do I get Pokemon Go to work on BlackBerry 10?-img_20160716_093130.png

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:49 AM
    On BBM yesterday

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 05:50 AM
    It's because you are using hardware that's designed for security and this pokemon app literally takes permission to access your whole device

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 06:15 AM
    If BlackBerry wanted to support it they would have.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 06:16 AM
    If BlackBerry wanted to support it they would have.

Posted via CB10
    They do... On the Priv.

*C5303
    07-17-16 06:18 AM
    I just laugh when people get butt hurt just becuz someone leaves blackberry lol

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 06:23 AM
    Maybe there could be a solution, but i dont know how to get it work.
    I played ingres last year for a while. If if go into my google account on my Blackberry settings, i see the Google fit stuff ect, and ingress in there!

(short info: ingress is the other game from ingress)

Maybe there is also a step to get pokemon go in this login data.

Do you know what i mean (Accounts and then go into the Google login)
    07-17-16 06:51 AM
    Maybe there could be a solution, but i dont know how to get it work.
    I played ingres last year for a while. If if go into my google account on my Blackberry settings, i see the Google fit stuff ect, and ingress in there!

(short info: ingress is the other game from ingress)

Maybe there is also a step to get pokemon go in this login data.

Do you know what i mean (Accounts and then go into the Google login)
    I know what you mean. When I logged in to my google account on pc and looked ino applications associated with it there was only BlackBerry and Facebook, no Pokemon GO. Any idea how did you get Ingress to associate with your account?
    07-17-16 10:28 AM
    I just installed it via playstore.
    Maybe that could be the solution, but i dont know how to put it in the login.
    07-17-16 11:43 AM
    I just installed it via playstore.
    Maybe that could be the solution, but i dont know how to put it in the login.
    Yeah, but since it's 4.4.4+, we can't, because we're stuck on 4.3.
    07-17-16 01:00 PM
    On BBM yesterday

Posted via CB10
    Seriously don't use a chat app for news. Don't believe the 'Pok�mon Go' privacy hype/

To their credit, Gizmodo contacted Adam Reeve, who then backtracked on his claims, saying he wasn't "100 percent sure" his blog post was actually true. He also admitted that he didn't test any of the claims in his post.

In fact, it turned out that Pok�mon Go was never able to read people's Gmail or any of the really scary things that Reeve and some trigger-happy media outlets claimed. Dan Guido, CEO of security company Trail of Bits, did the deep-dive analysis that was needed before any digital ink was spilled in histrionic headlines.

Guido not only cast serious doubt on Reeve's claims, he talked to Google tech support. Imagine that! They told him the "full account access" everyone was freaking out about doesn't mean a third party (in this case, Niantic, Nintendo, or Pok�mon) can read or send email, access your files or anything else being claimed.

It did mean that Niantic could read so-called biographical information, like an email address and phone number. What Trail of Bits also discovered was that Pok�mon Go's Google authorization process was using the wrong permission "token." Their post linked to another researcher who said, "I believe this is a mistake on Google and Niantic's part and isn't being used maliciously in the way that was originally suggested.
    MiSSJiGGaJ likes this.
    07-17-16 01:20 PM
    It worked for me few min. Using cobalt's way on reddit. I use a Z30 but now I can't catch anything. Sometimes nothing else the map appear, sometimes I have the jumping grass but no more pokemon. Pokeshop are ok.

Edit : it lags sometimes, but no crash.
    07-17-16 02:35 PM
    Hello. How do I get that patch you are referring to to make Pokemon Go work? I have a BlackBerry Passport. Thank you.
    07-17-16 03:57 PM
726 ... 7891011 ...