On Playstore it does give notice "it is not compatible with your device". Why keep trying? Get a cheap Android phone and go play your game.
    It also requires Android version 4.4 (Kitkat)or above. It is not compatible with BlackBerry runtime for 4.3.(Jellybean).
    07-11-16 06:01 AM
    Ingress works great on my passport. It's very similar. They even used the same pictures for Pok�mon stop locations as they appear on the Ingress map.

So if you want an advantage. You can use the Ingress Intel map to plan a route

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ingress and Pokemon Go are completely different games.

Nice try though.
    07-11-16 06:15 AM
    Ingress and Pokemon Go are completely different games.

Nice try though.
    Except made by the same company, so a lot of the features on the map are the same?

Hacking points are pokestops and you can tell where pokemon will spawn with some patterns from ingress.

But yeah, completely different. Whatever.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-11-16 07:09 AM
    That this was some silly fringe game.... was with a group of young people this weekend, and found out that it's not.
    07-11-16 08:12 AM
    Wouldn't the game simply not show up at all in the Play Store on an Android 4.3 or lower/BB10 device?
    07-11-16 08:35 AM
    Thank you for defining the human existence, God.
    You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 07-11-16 at 04:28 PM.
    07-11-16 08:50 AM
    Yes, it works on my Passport. I can do pretty much everything. Run around, go to Pokestops, catch pokemon, use items, etc.

One caveat is that some pokestops seem to break the app and make it so that you have to restart the phone. You can tell because all of the pokemon seem three feet away and never update regardless of how much you walk and pokestops will just say "Try again later." I haven't found a workaround for this other than restarting the phone when it happens. If I just close the app and restart, none of the pokestops will show up and the pokemon list in the bottom right will be blank. Hoping someone else out there has encountered this and knows a better workaround :/
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-11-16 09:11 AM
    Can you explain the process of using the whitelist patch?

I have a classic and have the Newe Patch and Program, included the modified APK.
    Google auth crashes the app, the Trainer login says "Unable to Authenticate. Please try again"

I have already verified and activated the trainer account.
    07-11-16 09:24 AM
    If anyone switches platforms based on a game should get their priorities checked. Spending more than a few hours a week playing games on a smartphone is a waste of life.
    There are many other reasons to switch.

Posted via CB10
    I see CrackBerry still hasn't changed...
    Greenghost likes this.
    07-11-16 10:57 AM
    You are also leaving BlackBerry so that you can play Pok�mon games on your mobile device?

I really am getting old... I had no idea how essential these things were.
    Heh, I'm in the same boat. I'll be yelling at kids to get off my lawn soon.

I have computers and an Android tablet for gaming, but my Classic is a communication tool.
    07-11-16 11:26 AM
    I thought blackberries were "tools not toys". Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    Right you are... hence it's NOT working! :-P

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-11-16 11:28 AM
    Wouldn't the game simply not show up at all in the Play Store on an Android 4.3 or lower/BB10 device?
    What it should not do and what it does do are two different scenarios. Just reporting what I saw when I went to Playstore on my Passport.
    07-11-16 11:58 AM
    If anyone switches platforms based on a game should get their priorities checked. Spending more than a few hours a week playing games on a smartphone is a waste of life.

Posted via CB10
    There might be some benefit to it, as it actually gets people outside. Unfortunately they do so glued to a screen, but if it actually got people walking around finding new things in their city, restaurants and parks etc that would be somewhat beneficial.
    07-11-16 12:04 PM
    Yes, it works on my Passport. I can do pretty much everything. Run around, go to Pokestops, catch pokemon, use items, etc.

One caveat is that some pokestops seem to break the app and make it so that you have to restart the phone. You can tell because all of the pokemon seem three feet away and never update regardless of how much you walk and pokestops will just say "Try again later." I haven't found a workaround for this other than restarting the phone when it happens. If I just close the app and restart, none of the pokestops will show up and the pokemon list in the bottom right will be blank. Hoping someone else out there has encountered this and knows a better workaround :/
    That is exactly what happens with my passport. Really frustrated and thinking of buying a new tablet.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 12:09 PM
    Nope lol. Another reason to get an iOS or Android.
    Pfffft, for a video game? That's what PS4's and big tv's are for.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 01:02 PM
    Yeah right. Everybody isn't at home all the time.
    07-11-16 01:24 PM
    I see CrackBerry still hasn't changed...
    Exactly bro smh.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    07-11-16 01:26 PM
    Its a no-go for Pokemon Go. Here's a screen shot of the Pokemon Go app download page on Google Play:
    How do I get Pokemon Go to work on BlackBerry 10?-screen-20160711-195403.png

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-11-16 01:58 PM
    Pfffft, for a video game? That's what PS4's and big tv's are for.

Posted via CB10
    Pffffft who has time to be tied down to their living room?

And who want's to be with a group of friends and not be able to join in on the fun. Personally I don't plan on hunting down any pokemons, but I'm not a fool to discount the desires of others. As he said "another reason", so this is more of a last straw that offset the scales... and not the entire reason for moving on.
    07-11-16 02:02 PM
    Its a sign of things to come. Pokemon may be just a game but eventually just about every serious app will require Android 4.4 and will stop working as well.
    J_Hooks and Mecca EL like this.
    07-11-16 02:20 PM
    So some of you have actually managed to install it? How?

I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Passport.
    07-11-16 02:48 PM
    So some of you have actually managed to install it? How?

I wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Passport.
    So basically, check the thread for Cobalt's Official Google Apps Landing Page in the BB10 Android Apps forum.

What I did: installed Cobalt's apps (Google Account, Blackberry Google ID, Play Services, Play Store, and the Google+ Whitelist) as per the instructions on the first page there. There's a patched APK for Pokemon Go around page 262 (if you're in a browser - numbering is different on the mobile app), and after installing that I installed an updated version of the Google+ whitelist APK.

It sort of works on my Passport, but only for five to ten minutes, and only if it's the first thing I launch after rebooting my phone (if I get the green Android runtime loading bar I know it'll work). Any time after that, or if I close it and re-launch it it'll run, I'll get my little dude and the streets around me, but no Pokestops or gyms, and no nearby Pokemon. So I can play if I just keep restarting my phone, which is less than ideal.

I've got it installed on my wife's Z10 and it works even less well: in addition to everything else, it's got graphical glitches (random polygons the colour of the street map everywhere) obstructing the screen and is completely unplayable.
    07-11-16 04:06 PM
    Its a no-go for Pokemon Go. Here's a screen shot of the Pokemon Go app download page on Google Play:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-20160711-195403.png 
Views:	946 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	403809

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    See post #16.
    07-11-16 04:44 PM
    Yes. It's working.

Now I can catch them on passport and PRIV!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 05:54 PM
    Pffffft who has time to be tied down to their living room?

And who want's to be with a group of friends and not be able to join in on the fun. Personally I don't plan on hunting down any pokemons, but I'm not a fool to discount the desires of others. As he said "another reason", so this is more of a last straw that offset the scales... and not the entire reason for moving on.
    Exactly. I can name numerous reasons. This is just another one.
    07-11-16 07:22 PM
726 12345 ...