Hey there, pardon me if this question had been posted and answered already, but I thought of asking an updated version of it.

I want to get Google Services Framework up and running on my berry and I read a few forums here but most of em seemed to have failed. I read a thread at XDA explaining how to install GSF in devices like Amazon Kindle.

But to do that you need to have root access, which we don't have in BlackBerry 10's android player. I tried performing Kingo One Click root and using Kingo Root for Windows as well. In One Click root's case the process completes upto Environment Preparation But fails at Rooting Script Execution (70%)

When I tried to root with the help of my PC, it didn't work at all. It does not detect the BlackBerry, it keeps waiting for a device. Yes I turned on USB Debugging in Developer Mode in Android and Development Mode in BlackBerry settings as well.

I can read the root directory with the help of a third party android file manager (Astro) but cannot write to it, because I don't have root permissions.

If you can jailbreak PlayBook OS with DingleBerry, why not BlackBerry 10? I don't need root access to BB's root files, just for android file directory.

Any developer whom wanna commit to this and give it a shot?

{I'm sorry I didn't mention links here because I am not allowed yet}

My device: Z30 STA100-2 SW Release 10.3.2474 OS Version 10.3.2.2639

Cheers
    01-13-16 10:17 AM
    not possible sorry...
    01-13-16 10:23 AM
    not possible sorry...
    Sounds like you're aware of BB 10's limitations. Care to share what terminates the rooting process?
    01-13-16 10:27 AM
    Sounds like you're aware of BB 10's limitations. Care to share what terminates the rooting process?
    It's a VM - not a full Android OS. There is nothing to root. It has no meaning.

Cobalt has already done the work of giving us a modified Google Play Services:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257
    01-13-16 10:46 AM
    It's a VM - not a full Android OS. There is nothing to root. It has no meaning.

Cobalt has already done the work of giving us a modified Google Play Services:
    It does have a meaning because having root access you can use many apps on the way you want. AND rooting a VM is not a new thing because you can root bluestacks. But that's Windows.

What bothers me is if you can crack into PlayBook OS why not BB 10?
    01-13-16 11:25 AM
    It does have a meaning because having root access you can use many apps on the way you want. AND rooting a VM is not a new thing because you can root bluestacks. But that's Windows.

What bothers me is if you can crack into PlayBook OS why not BB 10?
    PlayBook root access was root access to the underlying OS. First, that got patched really quickly. Second, even if you did end up with root access to BB10, it wouldn't change the fact that the Android player is a limited subset of what you can get actually running Android.
    the_radeon likes this.
    01-13-16 11:33 AM
    Me too weighing for a solution for root acess if it's possible then passport is the best phone ever

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 12:57 AM