Hello everyone, I need help in restoring my phone! After trying to sideload I can't run apps I've downloaded, not even some ones from BB World! This is a brand new Q10 I got a few weeks ago so I am confused.

It all started after I followed the instructions from this article How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files on how to sideload Snap by using the Chrome extension method, and that worked. I was about to sign up for Snap when I saw their privacy policy and wasn't all that comfortable so I looked for another method of sideloading.

That's when I saw this older article How-To Install Android Apps On BlackBerry 10.2 WITHOUT Debug Token � Instagram, Vine, Spotify Confirmed Working talking about downloading Spotify which was an app I wanted. It said I could download Runtime 810 OR Unlocked Android Runtime. Well I downloaded and sideloaded the Runtime 810 first, but when I saw the loading bar not going in the extension, I restarted and sideloaded the Unlocked Android Runtime as well.

So after installing the both Runtimes, I downloaded and sideloaded the Spotify BAR but when trying to open it will just flash the Blcakberry 10 start screen and just close out.

So I decided to do a factory reset and start clean. So upon the reset and after going to BB World to redownload a battery booster I had before all of this mess, it wouldn't even load! It would just close out. And I tested this with another app called Sketchbook and it would behave the same and close out. But when I downloaded a battery app designed for BB from BBW it worked.

So I looked to the apps running using that Google extension and see the Runtimes I downloaded still there after the reset. Terminating one or the other results in problems so I just left them alone.

So is there any way I can fix this??? Or will I have to send this off for repair? Any help would be welcome. Thank you.
    06-01-15 10:38 AM
    Never mind, I solved my problem. After I went into the Playbook app on Chrome I saw the Runtime files that were running. Since I felt that it was only supposed to be either the Unlocked Runtime OR the 810 Runtime and not the two of them concurrently, I just terminated the two 810 Runtime files I could find and restarted. I sideloaded Spotify and voila! Everything is running a-ok. I even sideloaded Google Maps! Pretty sweet. So my issue is fixed. Thank you for stopping by, hopefully it's useful to someone who made the same boneheaded mistake I did.

Now only if the battery life could be decent...
    06-01-15 07:58 PM