Has anyone actually installed the Android Wink app on BB10 and successfully used it to control a Wink Hub or Wink Relay home automation device? I am planning to install a Wink Relay at home but would like to know if the app actually connects to the device. Anybody?
    Last edited by Bugmapper; 01-13-15 at 08:45 AM.
    01-09-15 10:08 PM
    I have the Wink Relay and using a Z30 with no issues.

Linked with the Relay I have:

2 tripper sensors
    3 GE Bulbs
    MyQ Garage door sensor
    Honeywell Thermostat

Would be nice if the Relay would connect to any wifi camera though. Hopefully it's in future plans.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    01-11-15 07:00 PM
    I have been having issues connecting back to it. Tried different OS but no luck. What version are you using? I have 3 bulbs, 2 trippers and can't use it right now...using a z30 on 10.3.1.1154
    I had it working un till I lost connection with the hub, it did work on my boys Ipod so I know the HUB is working.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    01-11-15 07:25 PM
    I'm using 10.3.1.1154 also. No issues so far other the odd bugs with the Wink App or firmware for the Relay

I don't have the hub so not sure what issues you could be having with that

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    01-11-15 08:14 PM
    Oh, you are using the relay and not the hub? I wonder what's better?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 08:02 PM
    The Relay doesn't have Z-wave I think - so if you have Z-wave devices you need to get the hub anyways. At the moment, bang for the buck would just be the hub..the Relay is just an overpriced hub with a android device attached to it - hence the $300+ price tag.
    01-14-15 03:00 PM
    I have the Wink Relay and using a Z30 with no issues.

Linked with the Relay I have:

Would be nice if the Relay would connect to any wifi camera though. Hopefully it's in future plans.

Posted via CB10
    it does.
    get the NEST dropcam and it will connect

and I also have wink working flawlessly.

connected to

wink relay
    wink hub
    nest thermostat
    nest smoke/carbon alarm
    22 TCP lights
    Schlage doorlock

Im on 10.3.1.1154 (passport)
    Bugmapper and Ausgewandertca like this.
    01-16-15 01:52 PM
    Does the Wink hub or Relay send you notifications i.e. when someone comes home and trips the sensor or passes a motion sensor in the house? Also, does the WINK Hub or Relay allow for presence sensors?

I'm trying to decide between WINK and SmartThings for my home security and some automation. From what I can tell and from others that have replied to my questions in other threads. ST CANNOT be used as a presence sensor with BlackBerry devices because there is no Google Play Services available. I'm going to assume Wink is operating in the same fashion unless someone can tell me otherwise.

The price for a Wink hub and even the Relay system is extremely attractive however, I'm looking at these products to secure my home more then having the ability to manually operate a light bulb! I'd love to receive notifications and setup some sort of sensory automation i.e. at night I'd like for my lights to turn on outside and for a siren to disarm itself when I get close to my house. If I have to do that manually that's fine too.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-19-15 12:34 PM
    Wink app works great on my z30. No big issues when it's running. I have the hub and not the relay.

Lights work great and I have mine on a schedule. I have 2 outside lights I just need to get new housings for ( they are big) and the 2 trippers I need to installed again. Not sure if notification will work once I have them installed I will let you know how they work.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:52 PM
    Wink app works great on my z30. No big issues when it's running. I have the hub and not the relay.

Lights work great and I have mine on a schedule. I have 2 outside lights I just need to get new housings for ( they are big) and the 2 trippers I need to installed again. Not sure if notification will work once I have them installed I will let you know how they work.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect! Much appreciated!

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    01-19-15 08:35 PM
    Does the Wink hub or Relay send you notifications i.e. when someone comes home and trips the sensor or passes a motion sensor in the house? Also, does the WINK Hub or Relay allow for presence sensors?

I'm trying to decide between WINK and SmartThings for my home security and some automation. From what I can tell and from others that have replied to my questions in other threads. ST CANNOT be used as a presence sensor with BlackBerry devices because there is no Google Play Services available. I'm going to assume Wink is operating in the same fashion unless someone can tell me otherwise.

The price for a Wink hub and even the Relay system is extremely attractive however, I'm looking at these products to secure my home more then having the ability to manually operate a light bulb! I'd love to receive notifications and setup some sort of sensory automation i.e. at night I'd like for my lights to turn on outside and for a siren to disarm itself when I get close to my house. If I have to do that manually that's fine too.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    I personally would not use the Wink Hub or Relay as your primary alarm service. It is not stable enough in my mind. At least not yet.

For example. I have 3 GE Bulbs and 2 Tripper sensors. The GE Bulbs are great when they stayed synced up but I've lost connection to them 3 times since I purchased and had to reset the all to get them working each time. When it works, great, when they don't - painful.

The trippers are supposed to do be able to do what you want. I.e someone opens a door and you can make a light go on or a siren go off as long as you have the right components. Alerts are an option in the Wink App but I can't seem to get it to send me notifications or emails when the sensors is tripped. Not sure if it's because I am using a Blackberry instead of an Android phone.

I love gadgets though, so hopefully Wink keeps on improving. Can't comment on SmartThings but they seem to have a little more products to offer. Wink is a bit behind but they are a younger company.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    03-05-15 10:36 PM
    Where did you get the app? I don't see it on Amazon. If I need to play games with Google services I will need some instructions.

I have the Hub and a switch at the moment.

Using Z10 with 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 10:01 PM