Cobalt, are planning to update android 4.4 or high? Not all apps run on 4.3.
    Thank you very much for your work
    03-09-15 05:48 AM
    Cobalt, are planning to update android 4.4 or high? Not all apps run on 4.3.
    Thank you very much for your work
    That's on BlackBerry to update to 4.4, not Cobalt.
    03-09-15 06:24 AM
    That's on BlackBerry to update to 4.4, not Cobalt.
    Lol I love reading this thread, and thaaanks cobalt you're awesome

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:27 AM
    That hasn't fixed it.
    Deleted instagram, rebooted, installed Instagram again (from Play Store).....still get black screen after clicking Share then selecting Instagram

Any other tips?
    It may just not work. Have others reported it working?
    03-09-15 12:25 PM
    Hi Cobalt! Just a suggestion, can you please use the "version history" post you have in the first page to also include changes made in Blackberry Android ID & Google GSF Login? It's hard for us to find the changelogs in big threads like this if you are not following it day by day. Thanks.

Also, do you plan to implement Google+ login? I know this has been asked a lot, but... is in the roadmap? Is even feasible?

Thanks for your support and keep up the hard work

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:03 PM
    It may just not work. Have others reported it working?
    A user straight after my initial post reported it working. It was working fine before I installed play store.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:27 PM
    A user straight after my initial post reported it working. It was working fine before I installed play store.

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. I don't really see how the 2 could be related though. Delete the play store and see if it starts working again. Then you'll know
    03-09-15 03:29 PM
    That's odd. I don't really see how the 2 could be related though. Delete the play store and see if it starts working again. Then you'll know
    When it was working before I'd installed the apk using apk downloader. This time I removed that app then installed again via play store. Now it doesn't work...weird indeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:34 PM
    I also don't see any dependencies between the two apps.
    03-09-15 03:34 PM
    Hey Cobalt.. I keep getting unable to install the updated Google play store.. i even deleting all associated apps , rebooted and did the whole process from the start and I'm getting the same error.
    03-09-15 04:29 PM
    Cobalt, this is weird. I uninstalled the new Play Store and reinstalled it for testing purposes.
    Now this was supposed to have auto update turned off right?
    But it is just like with the previous version.
    Auto update is still enabled over WiFi only.
    That's what all the previous versions did as well.
    Just wondered about this.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150309_164313.png

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:46 PM
    Cobalt, this is weird. I uninstalled the new Play Store and reinstalled it for testing purposes.
    Now this was supposed to have auto update turned off right?
    But it is just like with the previous version.
    Auto update is still enabled over WiFi only.
    That's what all the previous versions did as well.
    Just wondered about this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150309_164313.png 
Views:	735 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	340044

Posted via CB10
    You should be able to disable auto updating. I did.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:14 PM
    You should be able to disable auto updating. I did.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I did disable it. My point was that the latest release was supposed to be set to off by default.
    Cobalt wanted to prevent this that folks had issues because it was enabled after installation.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:16 PM
    Yes, I did disable it. My point was that the latest release was supposed to be set to off by default.
    Cobalt wanted to prevent this that folks had issues because it was enabled after installation.

Posted via CB10
    Was it just through the menu option or is it actually completely disabled? I'm curious
    03-09-15 05:48 PM
    I just updated to the latest Play Store version and mine was defaulted to auto update. I caught it just in time before it broke my Xfinity app that actually works. Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267

Posted with my Z30 on CrackBerry 10
    03-09-15 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    What cobalt disabled was actually auto updating of the play store itself... not of apps. You still control that in the settings.
    03-09-15 07:43 PM
    Hi! Just to share this. Yesterday I got notification to update Play Store, but after updating, the gps icon was gone so were the other 2 icons related to this app. I reinstalled and I'm relieved they're back and functioning.

Just wondering if I should have or have not done anything to make things better whenever there's a Play Store update? Thanks in advance.
    If you've read just the last few pages, you'd see that cobalt says to never update the play store. Ever! Only when he posts the updates in the OP of this thread, you should use his new apks

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-09-15 07:44 PM
    Cobalt, maybe you should put in big bold letters "never update play store through play store" in the OP. Oh wait....no one reads the OP lol

anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-09-15 07:47 PM
    But if you've seen the first post, the updated version was dated yesterday.
    But even then, don't allow the play store to update itself. Makes sense

03-09-15 07:48 PM
    Just downloaded it yesterday too.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:05 PM
    Was it just through the menu option or is it actually completely disabled? I'm curious
    I guess it was just for the Play Store updating itself. I thought it was for every app.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 09:16 PM
    The changes in 5.3.5 just affect the autoupdate of the store itself. This is to prevent that the store downloads a version of itself that is not patched. All other update settings are unchanged.

Selfupdate is part of the daily hygiene routine of Play Store and it is not affected or controlled by the user settings in options. It overrides those settings. But now that this is patched, you should never be prompted that an update to a never version of the store is available
    Last edited by Cobalt232; 03-10-15 at 12:59 AM.
    03-10-15 12:48 AM
    The changes in 5.3.5 just affect the autoupdate of the store itself. This is to prevent that the store downloads a version of itself that is not patched. All other update settings are unchanged.

Selfupdate is part of the daily hygiene routine of Play Store and it is not affected or controlled by the user settings in options. It overrides those settings. But now that this is patched, you should never be prompted that an update to a never version of the store is available
    Thanks again for your hard work Cobalt!

Question: let's say a new version of Google Play comes out and during this time you are really busy and you don't have time to patch this new release, could we patch the new version of the Play app through GMaps Patcher and then install it ourselves? Or do you do a different type of patching?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 02:08 AM
    The patching is in fact a rewrite of some of the core components of the Store and it's complicated to patch it automatically. Beside of that, I don't want that other patched versions of the Store are floating around. The main reason for this is, that shady people could try to modify parts I did not touch, i.e. the billing part. Someone could try to steal your credit card data or do some billing to your PayPal account. I can only guarantee that your money is save if you use a version that I have patched personally.
    03-10-15 04:32 AM
    Thanks so much for this!
    03-10-15 10:39 AM
6,728 ... 7273747576 ...