*** off topic

Hey Andy, still reading

Yeah, been cruising all along. But weather isnt that good this year. Are you still in Germany?
    08-05-16 06:32 AM
    Finally decided to download Colbalt store after giving up on waiting for Snap to be fixed. For the past few months I've put off downloading Colbalts Playstore thinking it will somehow ruin my experience on my phone and I'm right.
    Download took a while but finally got there even with the step by step instructions.
    I've downloaded and opened apps fine but for some reason Instagram has stopped working after updating it from the playstore. It opens but it's doesn't show me any new posts.
    I've read something about patching apks. Do I have to do that for it to work properly?

Thanks

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    08-05-16 08:24 AM
    Finally decided to download Colbalt store after giving up on waiting for Snap to be fixed. For the past few months I've put off downloading Colbalts Playstore thinking it will somehow ruin my experience on my phone and I'm right.
    Download took a while but finally got there even with the step by step instructions.
    I've downloaded and opened apps fine but for some reason Instagram has stopped working after updating it from the playstore. It opens but it's doesn't show me any new posts.
    I've read something about patching apks. Do I have to do that for it to work properly?

Thanks

It does not need to be patched.

Some people have reported this problem on later versions of the app.
    08-05-16 09:35 AM
    It does not need to be patched.

Some people have reported this problem on later versions of the app.
    Thanks. Hopefully it will be sorted soon

08-05-16 10:39 AM
    *** off topic

Hey Andy, still reading

Yeah, been cruising all along. But weather isnt that good this year. Are you still in Germany?
    Glad to hear it We are in Switzerland actually, down close to Zurich. You're right though, the weather has not been that great. We're making the best of it though.
    08-06-16 04:00 AM
    I'm already install Google acc manager, blackberry id & Google play store. But still can't run it... can u help me please...
    08-07-16 01:44 AM
    Hi Cobalt et al.

Could you help please? I went through all the steps as instructed here: Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10 - and everything seemed to be working until the moment I attempted to download an app. I first tried Skype (the main reason I bought a Q10 in the first place) and then BBC Media player. On clicking install, both of them froze.

Is this because I don't have the latest software? Do I need to update any of the programmes downloaded in the set up instructions? How would I go about this?

Someone PLEASE HELP ..
    08-07-16 06:11 AM
    Do other apps work?
    08-07-16 07:38 AM
    Hey Cobalt, thanks for responding!

I've just tried installing BBC News, Iplayer and Guardian, but none of them worked. Sorry man, I really don't know what the problem is.

Thanks!
    08-07-16 07:57 AM
    Anyone able to download the three files? I click on "download files" on the first page of the thread, but the message says that files are no longer available. Thks

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 02:53 PM
    Hello and first of all many thanks for your work!
    However, I am not able to install the actual Google Play Store on my BlackBerry Q5 running software release 10.3.2.2836. The first two steps of the installation (Google account and Google ID) worked perfectly and as you described in your article, so that I can now find the Google account in my Settings -> Accounts and both apps on my desktop.
    Then, I downloaded the Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 1 (com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build1.apk) and tried to run it: Error: "Unable to install this app." Installing apps from other sources is allowed and the file is an .apk . So as I couldn't solve the problem by downloading it again (in the hope that there had been some download error) and not in any other way, I hope, you can help me here.
    Thank you very much,
    KiliKuli

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-08-16 05:02 PM
    Anyone able to download the three files? I click on "download files" on the first page of the thread, but the message says that files are no longer available. Thks

Posted via CB10
    Yeah just tried to put the Playstore on another Passport I just received but it says no longer available for me also.
    Hopefully a backup can bring it over to my other cell.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    08-10-16 05:46 PM
    Link is fixed. Now using Mega.
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-11-16 02:53 AM
    Awesome thanks!

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/ 10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 02:29 PM
    cool thx. Now I can install it again om my Z30 aswell
    08-11-16 06:29 PM
    [QUOTE=Studious1;12536805]Hi Cobalt et al.

Could you help please? I went through all the steps as instructed here: Play Store for BlackBerry | Install Google Play Store to BlackBerry 10

I was able to install everything except for google app store. Can someone help me
    Last edited by judas13; 08-12-16 at 07:59 AM. Reason: wrong post
    08-12-16 07:57 AM
    hello. google play store was working fine on my passport untill today.when I try to download something. it crashes and stops working.what should I do?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 10:41 AM
    I was able to install it now, but it keeps on crashing! Please help me.
    Last edited by judas13; 08-13-16 at 12:19 AM. Reason: wrong post
    08-13-16 12:18 AM
    I read through dozens of posts relating to Google Chrome and I haven't found an answer so I'm hoping someone has run across this and knows how to fix (if possible)

Followed all the steps in the first post and got everything working correctly.
    One problem I'm having is I'm unable to sign into Google Chrome or Google Voice with my accounts.

First, Chrome works fine just typing in addresses but I want to be able to sign in to sync my account. I click settings and SIgn Into Chrome, I select my account and click Continue, the Continue button turns gray but nothing ever happens. It doesn't login or crash it just stays on that page.
    The No Thanks button doesn't ever work but the back arrow does.
    Any ideas on how to fix that (if possible)?

With Google Voice, the app downloads fine, I get the Welcome page and click Next which takes me to the Sign in page, I click the radio button for my account and click Sign In, there is a status bar that pops up on the page that says "signing in" and it shows for about 1-2 seconds then it disappears and I'm still at the Sign In page with the radio button selected and the Sign In button active.
    Any ideas on how to sign in to google voice (if possible)?

I am running Google ID 2.8, whitelist 1.0.0.5, gms 8.4.89, gsf login 4.4.4 and android play games 3.6.27 from your download site on 8/13/16
    My Blackberry Passport (AT&T edition) registered fine and I signed into my Google Account for the Play Store fine.
    08-13-16 04:43 PM
    So this is pretty cool and interesting, not sure if it's designed to work this way but after installing Cobalts Playstore and using the same log in ID all my apps automatically downloaded from my other two Passports to my third Passport!

Getting a Classic on Monday looking forward to installing Playstore on that one also.

08-13-16 08:08 PM
    The update is available on BBW if you are on OS2876 or OS2888.

Reboot after install.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918
    This update isn't avaliable. Try to download on my PC (using FF or IE) and in my Z10, no lucky...

The page says: "The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )".

Any help?
    08-13-16 10:23 PM
    So this is pretty cool and interesting, not sure if it's designed to work this way but after installing Cobalts Playstore and using the same log in ID all my apps automatically downloaded from my other two Passports to my third Passport!

Getting a Classic on Monday looking forward to installing Playstore on that one also.

That's how Android/Google Playstore works. It's not a unique feature of Cobalt's Playstore.
    08-14-16 03:22 AM
    I'm unable to aceSs addresses on the phone nor can I download the links. I'm so confused with how to do this. I have a Q10 please help before I throw this phone in frustration. I really need access to my Google photos app and others. Thx
    08-15-16 04:13 AM
    I'm unable to aceSs addresses on the phone nor can I download the links. I'm so confused with how to do this. I have a Q10 please help before I throw this phone in frustration. I really need access to my Google photos app and others. Thx
    If photos are stored in cloud storage then no problem you can access through other devices.
    08-15-16 04:16 AM
    Link is fixed. Now using Mega.
    Good day, Cobalt232, thank you for the link. I downloaded all the files via Mega. My Passport recently started giving me issues, so i did a reset using Link. (I was able to use Playstore before without any issues.)
    I've started the fresh install to get my account to work. The first file installed fine (Google Settings). I'm now stuck on the second file - the Google account. I try to sign in, and i get an error: Couldnt sign in : there was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later.

I've rebooted my phone, cleared the data in my blackberry settings, stopped the Google account and restarted it... I'm at a loss here.
    08-15-16 04:24 AM
6,728 ... 231232233234235 ...