Hey Cobalt/Conite,

In the 1st post the instructions for 'How to Install' mentions installing Google Account Manager 4.4.4....but directly below that (in the download links) - it indicates we should install Google Account Manager 4.3.3.

So which is the correct version to use? Thanks!
    07-28-16 08:37 AM
    Hi All,

I have been trying to install for the past hour.

I have downloaded the files, but it says ' files damaged'

Downloading for the 8th time, will keep forum updated.

Thank you
    07-28-16 08:40 AM
    Hey Cobalt/Conite,

In the 1st post the instructions for 'How to Install' mentions installing Google Account Manager 4.4.4....but directly below that (in the download links) - it indicates we should install Google Account Manager 4.3.3.

So which is the correct version to use? Thanks!
    You now need 4.4.4 in order to make purchases. The one issue is that with 4.4.4 you MUST have Cobalt's modified Google Play Services installed for it to work.

Otherwise feel free to use the older one.
    07-28-16 08:58 AM
    You now need 4.4.4 in order to make purchases. The one issue is that with 4.4.4 you MUST have Cobalt's modified Google Play Services installed for it to work.

Otherwise feel free to use the older one.
    Isn't the modified version of Google Play Services, the only version that's available in the download links? Thanks!
    07-28-16 09:27 AM
    Isn't the modified version of Google Play Services, the only version that's available in the download links? Thanks!
    Yes.
    07-28-16 09:42 AM
    Yes.
    Cool, thanks conite!

One last question...whenever I try to register my device using BlackBerry Google ID...it keeps showing an error that says:

"Check-in failed: [Account Manager Refused Token Request]"

Got any idea what could be causing that or how to fix it? Thanks again!
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    07-28-16 09:54 AM
    Cool, thanks conite!

One last question...whenever I try to register my device using BlackBerry Google ID...it keeps showing an error that says:

"Check-in failed: [Account Manager Refused Token Request]"

Got any idea what could be causing that or how to fix it? Thanks again!
    Did you login successfully first?

Try turning wifi off.
    07-28-16 10:54 AM
    Did you login successfully first?

Try turning wifi off.
    Login successfully? Do you mean using the apps provided via/by Cobalt; or do you mean at google.com via a browser?
    07-28-16 01:16 PM
    Login successfully? Do you mean using the apps provided via/by Cobalt; or do you mean at google.com via a browser?
    Using Google account login 4.4.4.
    07-28-16 01:20 PM
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-immagine.jpg

help plz!
    07-28-16 01:21 PM
    Using Google account login 4.4.4.
    Yeah, I did...and my account was added successfully. Also WiFi was off the entire time.
    07-28-16 01:23 PM
    Yeah, I did...and my account was added successfully. Also WiFi was off the entire time.
    Do you have Cobalt's Google Play Services installed?
    07-28-16 01:47 PM
    Do you have Cobalt's Google Play Services installed?
    Yes.

Also, I uninstalled Google account manager and blackberry Google ID...installed the old ones that worked (Google Account Manager 4.3.3 & BlackBerry Google ID 2.5).

All went well and registered perfectly. Installed the PlayStore which worked just fine.

Then updated Google Account Manager & BlackBerry ID to the latest versions.

I only had to go back in BlackBerry ID and update the registration but it went through just fine.

My only problem now is apps like netflix, paypal are popping up with an error (but they work):

"AppName relies on Google Play Services, which is not supported by your device. Contact the manufacturer for assistance"
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    07-28-16 01:51 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immagine.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	405039

help plz!
    Sure. Read the first page.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    07-28-16 02:40 PM

My only problem now is apps like netflix, paypal are popping up with an error (but they work):

"AppName relies on Google Play Services, which is not supported by your device. Contact the manufacturer for assistance"
    Apps that require Google Play Services must be patched with Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    07-28-16 02:48 PM
    Hello peeps, my bad for posting here but I cant find the thread with the original download of cobalt files. the link this thread connects you to, those files are not able to open as its a zip file... is there anyway to download the apk directly to my z10??
    thanks
    07-28-16 03:57 PM
    Hello peeps, my bad for posting here but I cant find the thread with the original download of cobalt files. the link this thread connects you to, those files are not able to open as its a zip file... is there anyway to download the apk directly to my z10??
    thanks
    Actually, the link is correct for Cobalt's file share. The apps are in apk format. Oddly enough the BB10 browser has trouble with it. Use your computer instead and then copy the files over.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    07-28-16 04:17 PM
    Thank you Conite for saying this. I have been trying to download directly to my Z 10 multiple times, but it does not work. I finally downloaded to my laptop and have successfully run/installed 3 files ; com.google.android.gms, com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4, cobalt.blackberry.googleID, and after many tries, com.android.vending.
    All 3 files Installed and Opened, but com.android.vending unziped into a folder containing 9 items. ie. I could not install Play store.

Update : I have tried the steps from the begining , now I see I have the same problem as vbery420. I have followed Conites solution, but I cannot log in using Play Services.

Please help. Thank you

Update : I cannot log in thru the 'google account' app made by Cobalt. I have gone to BB settings and see the account is there but when I go to sign in it say'Couldn't sign in, ....problem with Google servers...try again later,
    but it is stuck in a loop if `i click next.

Udate : I installed Cobalts whitelist + and mobilenetwork...what do they do :/ Edit : ok, got it, Mobile Network is so that Android apps can use mobile data.

Side Note : Cobalt, you have really made an amazing thing ! thank you, I hope i can get it to work.
    Last edited by BD_BB_8520; 07-29-16 at 01:45 AM.
    07-29-16 01:22 AM
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20160729_123449.pngGoogle Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20160729_123454.png

Hi All,

I cannot install the play store files. I downloaded them but after I could not install. I unzipped and got the folders (see attached pics)

How to install the Play store?

Side Note : now in Pictures I can only see my images saved on device not on the memory card. How can I change this? only way I can see images on memory card is to goto file manager. Please help so that I can use Pictures to see images on my memory card ( likeit was before I tried to install google playstore)

thanks
    07-29-16 02:04 AM
    You downloaded the wrong file.
    gfondeur and BD_BB_8520 like this.
    07-29-16 03:12 AM
    Thank you for your reply Cobalt

Which file should I download?

I have deleted all the files I downloaded from your site, does that mean there are uninstalled?

After deleting all the downloaded files, the Picture issue is resolved, it is working as before.

Thank you once again for making this, so pls, once again, give me the exact files I should download, I will download them again

Cobalt , I have dowloaded the following files :

com.google.android.gms [ Installed, run]
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4 [ Installed, run]
    cobalt.blackberry.googleID [ Installed, run]
    com.android.vending [ Downloaed, but did not 'Install' just Unziped.

After reading more in the forum, I downloaded google.android.gsf.login-4.3....

will try again and update all, thank you.
    07-30-16 03:15 AM
    I have a problem in the 1st step , the installation of "google paly services" ( gms - 4.8.89 - cobalt ) that says "unable to install the application". Can anyone help?
    07-30-16 05:15 AM
    Open the share link on a PC or Mac, then you will see how the correct file looks like. BlackBerry really has issues displaying the content correctly.
    BD_BB_8520 likes this.
    07-30-16 05:16 AM
    I transfer the files of cobalt page on a PC. I put in the "downloads" folder. authorized the installation of applications. when I click to install the file "google play services" gives error.
    07-30-16 05:23 AM
    I transfer the files of cobalt page on a PC. I put in the "downloads" folder. authorized the installation of applications. when I click to install the file "google play services" gives error.
    Did you ever have a previous version installed on your device at any time in the past?
    rseguro likes this.
    07-30-16 07:11 AM
6,728 ... 228229230231232 ...