How large are the 3 files in the first post supposed to be? When I try to download them they take a long time and are only 2kb each. When I tried to install the first one I simply get an error message saying 'Unable to install this app'
    It doesn't take long at all over wifi. Make sure you follow direction step by step.
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-13-16 03:55 PM
    This is awesome! Thank you!
    03-13-16 04:44 PM
    I tried on my phone over wifi - download never completed.
    I got them on my computer then transferred to the phone, and I got the error message stated.

How big are the files? I'd like to know if what was downloaded is correct.

Edit: I managed to pull the files down from the github page but after clicking the links it sometimes spins for 2-4 minutes before the download starts. Approx file sizes are 3mb, 400kb, and 15mb

Thanks!
    Last edited by da_foz; 03-13-16 at 05:59 PM.
    03-13-16 05:39 PM
    Line

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 02:27 AM
    The link for the store isn't loading, is there another link
    Last edited by rawlo10; 03-14-16 at 01:20 PM.
    03-14-16 12:57 PM
    The link for the store isn't loading, is there another link
    On the first page?

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-14-16 02:42 PM
    On the first page?

Posted via CB10
    Doesnt work for me either
    03-14-16 03:37 PM
    have foll problem when openning store

error RH-01

what is it?
    03-15-16 11:12 AM
    I'm noticing that app updates are taking much longer to complete on my Passport. The installation/update seems to hang at about the 90% mark. Eventually it completes, but generally takes several minutes. And there are a couple of apps, IBX and Skype, that don't go away from the Play Store "update" list even after they've been updated. This is all new behavior, no more than a week old.
    Update: I tried deleting and reinstalling Play Store, but that didn't fix the problem. In fact, I found it getting worse; I had five apps showing as needing updates, that didn't need updates.

Then I tried something else. I went through the motions of updating these apps, which would just take me to the installation screen with "open" in the upper right corner. I clicked "open" to open the app, accept permissions, etc. Then I closed the app. When I did so, and returned to the Play Store "My apps" screen, that app was no longer listed as needing an update. It seems that now, after installing an update, I actually need to open the app to have Play Store recognize it as updated and take it from the list. I repeated this for the other four apps in the list and all was well.

This is new behavior. Previously, I didn't need to open an app after updating it to have it removed from the update list. And certainly in Android proper it's not necessary to do so. But it's not a big deal to do this extra step.
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-15-16 11:20 AM
    Thanks for sharing this information. Strange behavior. But the end is near anyway.
    03-16-16 02:41 PM
    Are the links on page 1 still live?

I did an os reboot and now I can't access the downloads

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:17 AM
    The links are up, but my server is being hit by a lot of dl requests due to my BlackBerry Priv patches. Just keep on trying.
    03-17-16 02:19 AM
    Thanks for sharing this information. Strange behavior. But the end is near anyway.
    What do you mean by "the end is near"? Are you referring to BB10, or your work on your apps for BB10? Say it isn't so!
    03-17-16 04:53 AM
    I believe bb10 is coming to its end. It's just a matter of time. Will keep up my work as good as possible. But the fact that the runtime is locked to 4.3 doesn't make things easier. Patching the new play services already is a nightmare.
    03-17-16 06:46 AM
    I believe bb10 is coming to its end. It's just a matter of time. Will keep up my work as good as possible. But the fact that the runtime is locked to 4.3 doesn't make things easier. Patching the new play services already is a nightmare.
    As long as you are on board then I will remain with BB10, and won't give up in my pursuit in owning a Classic. Before that happens, after I pay my taxes, car license plate renewal, drivers license renewal, and a few other sundry expenses, I will send some donations your way. I need a raise!
    03-17-16 07:50 AM
    revive a dead OS it's not hard. you know Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS online feature is revived after Nintendo stop online service? i know, right now, BlackBerry is still confused between OS10 and android. and, if we are not supporting OS10, i think BlackBerry will stop supporting OS10.

Post #4842:

The new versions don't really bring anything new. Will patch again when new features get available.
    03-17-16 08:08 AM
    Agreed, but your work has kept things much more useful than they otherwise would have been.
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-17-16 08:27 AM
    Anyone know if there's a way to change the location where apps are stored in Google Play?
    I would like to have them stored on the memory card, but couldn't find a way so far.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:01 PM
    Anyone know if there's a way to change the location where apps are stored in Google Play?
    I would like to have them stored on the memory card, but couldn't find a way so far.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    If you are referring to installed apps..then no. You can not move those to the SD card.
    03-17-16 02:51 PM
    If you are referring to installed apps..then no. You can not move those to the SD card.
    Thanks smoke!
    I'm referring to the apk file that gets stored when you install the app.
    Now, I manually move the apks from system memory to my memory card.
    The apps are not dependent on these files once installation completed, and hence I keep them on my memory card only as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 05:24 PM
    Oh oh... when Cobalt232 speaks of the end of times on BB10 then it truly must be approaching.

I am grateful for all the knowledge, expertise and effort you've been selfless in providing to this community. It would have ended far sooner for most of us if not for your generosity.

Thank you.
    03-17-16 05:55 PM
    Thanks smoke!
    I'm referring to the apk file that gets stored when you install the app.
    Now, I manually move the apks from system memory to my memory card.
    The apps are not dependent on these files once installation completed, and hence I keep them on my memory card only as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    I just cleaned up both SD card and internal storage by moving all my unpatched and patched apks' to my laptop to make more storage room on my phone. That also allows me to keep older apk versions in case the newer version don't work as well.
    03-17-16 06:51 PM
    I just cleaned up both SD card and internal storage by moving all my unpatched and patched apks' to my laptop to make more storage room on my phone. That also allows me to keep older apk versions in case the newer version don't work as well.
    I do that quite frequently as well, and keep backup of working apk files. The reason for my main post is that, everytime there's an update to an app, a new apk gets created in system downloads. I have to then manually move the apk to my SD card.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 01:30 AM
    links from first post to *.apk doesn't work
    please re-share someone!
    thx
    03-18-16 07:42 AM
    links from first post to *.apk doesn't work
    please re-share someone!
    thx
    Try again.
    gfondeur likes this.
    03-18-16 04:45 PM