followed all 4 steps and got playstore functioning. however i m not able to sync google contacts to my bb classic q10. gmail mails sync but contact do not sync. my contact size ia 4000+ in numbers.
    04-24-19 01:37 PM
    I got the Play store alright, on by BB passport, and installed Viber, but after I submit the phone number it just stays for 5 minutes in status "Activating Viber" and then nothing happens. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks.
    08-10-19 05:13 PM
    When I access fdroid in a browser and I search for "viber" in the "Find app" field, it shows no results. But I had understood yalp had all google sore apks...?? How can I get viber on my BB passport?
    08-10-19 05:26 PM
    When I access fdroid in a browser and I search for "viber" in the "Find app" field, it shows no results. But I had understood yalp had all google sore apks...?? How can I get viber on my BB passport?
    It only shows apps that are compatible with 32-bit Android 4.3.

In any event, this is the last known version to at least partially work:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/viber-...-apk-download/
    08-10-19 07:55 PM
    Thank you for the prompt reply! I managed to install it, however after I give it the phone number it gets stuck in "Activating Viber" for about 5 mins, after which...nothing, it just returns to the page with the phone number. Tried multiple times, the same thing. So I guess this means the app is not working on my BB?
    08-12-19 12:50 AM
    Thank you for the prompt reply! I managed to install it, however after I give it the phone number it gets stuck in "Activating Viber" for about 5 mins, after which...nothing, it just returns to the page with the phone number. Tried multiple times, the same thing. So I guess this means the app is not working on my BB?
    I don't use it, so I'm not sure. All I know is that this is the last version that was known to work on BB10. It is quite possible that server-side changes has now made it unusable for good on BB10.
    08-12-19 07:32 AM
    My Passport sleeps with no charge for about 2 months in a box, waiting for the last update if it comes before EOL arrives.
    08-17-19 06:26 AM
    My Passport sleeps with no charge for about 2 months in a box, waiting for the last update if it comes before EOL arrives.
    My pristine Passport SE is in deep sleep aka hibernation now about almost 24 months.in a drawer.....as daily drivers are PRIV and KEY2 Red Edition.
    08-17-19 06:39 AM
    I followed instructions but skipped installing "com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk". Then, I tried installing few apps including WhatsApp; a Google Play services not supported message appeared. I nstalled com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk, reinstalled apps but no difference.

What should I do know? Wipe and start over with the correct order?

This is my order; do I use incorrect order or I miss something?
    Install com.google.android.gms.
    Install com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3.apk.
    Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID.
    Install com.android.vending.
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk
    11-06-19 05:01 PM
    I followed instructions but skipped installing "com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk". Then, I tried installing few apps including WhatsApp; a Google Play services not supported message appeared. I nstalled com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk, reinstalled apps but no difference.

What should I do know? Wipe and start over with the correct order?

This is my order; do I use incorrect order or I miss something?
    Install com.google.android.gms.
    Install com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3.apk.
    Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID.
    Install com.android.vending.
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4.apk
    This method of getting the PlayStore on a BB10 device is getting really ancient, and probably more of a battery hog than anything else.
    I suggest using Yalp (fork) to download apps, it's a Google Play Store client.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk

If you get a message saying an app needs Google Play Services, in many cases it will work to just tap outside the warning box.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 09:01 PM
    This method of getting the PlayStore on a BB10 device is getting really ancient, and probably more of a battery hog than anything else.
    I suggest using Yalp (fork) to download apps, it's a Google Play Store client.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk

If you get a message saying an app needs Google Play Services, in many cases it will work to just tap outside the warning box.

Posted via CB10
    I installed Yalp and removed other google apps (from this thread).
    Yalp worked for WhatsApp but not for Uber nor Careem:
    Uber asks me to check internet connection when I provide my phone number.
    Careem still requires Google Play services. [Update: it opens in 1 minute but still can't log in properly (incorrect number or password)]

How do I get any of these apps to work properly?

Thank you.
    Last edited by AGhaz; 11-06-19 at 11:04 PM.
    11-06-19 10:41 PM
    I installed Yalp and removed other google apps (from this thread).
    Yalp worked for WhatsApp but not for Uber nor Careem:
    Uber asks me to check internet connection when I provide my phone number.
    Careem still requires Google Play services. [Update: it opens in 1 minute but still can't log in properly (incorrect number or password)]

How do I get any of these apps to work properly?

Thank you.
    Try the mobile website?
    Uber I don't think there's an app that will work on BB10, but Careem I don't remember seeing mentioned before.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 07:46 AM
    Try the mobile website?
    Uber I don't think there's an app that will work on BB10, but Careem I don't remember seeing mentioned before.

Posted via CB10
    I tried Careem website with Chrome (default browser is incompatible). It is sluggish and unfriendly, but works (didn't order yet).
    11-07-19 08:30 AM
    I don't use it, so I'm not sure. All I know is that this is the last version that was known to work on BB10. It is quite possible that server-side changes has now made it unusable for good on BB10.
    This version still works on my Passport.
    01-13-20 10:28 AM
    Unfortunately my Google play store has stopped working on my BBZ30, how do I resolve it Colbert
    05-15-21 09:40 AM
    Unfortunately my Google play store has stopped working on my BBZ30, how do I resolve it Colbert
    Remove all of the Cobalt stuff, and install Yalp.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    05-15-21 04:18 PM
    Remove all of the Cobalt stuff, and install Yalp.

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/
    Thanks Stephen!
    05-15-21 04:41 PM
    Thanks Stephen!
    I came real close to posting the same thing.
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-15-21 04:52 PM
    I would like to get on with playstore - but now, - after i had to setup Q10 again - I can't go to "My Account".
    Therefore, i can't buy again or just login....

In the settinigs, i can see my e-mail adress - but, when i go to "My Account" - Playstore crashes imminiatley.....
    05-16-22 01:13 PM
    I would like to get on with playstore - but now, - after i had to setup Q10 again - I can't go to "My Account".
    Therefore, i can't buy again or just login....

In the settinigs, i can see my e-mail adress - but, when i go to "My Account" - Playstore crashes imminiatley.....
    Just use Yalp. The ancient Play Services for BB10 won't allow purchases anymore anyway.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_47.apk
    05-16-22 01:52 PM
    Not found.....
    03-06-23 11:51 AM
    Not found.....
    https://f-droid.org/en/
    03-06-23 12:30 PM
    Thank you :-)

Btw.: do you maybe know something about actual WhatsApp problems ?

Installed directly from whatsapp.

A few days ago, i could'nt send big pictures - arround 2 MB.

Now, i even can't install a profile foto....

Getting real frustrated...

Should i open a new thread about it?
    03-06-23 12:42 PM
    could a very big SD card (1 TB) cause those problems?

In the past, it was no problem - but, that was on a Q10 - now, i am on a Classic..
    03-06-23 12:45 PM
    Thank you :-)

Btw.: do you maybe know something about actual WhatsApp problems ?

Installed directly from whatsapp.

A few days ago, i could'nt send big pictures - arround 2 MB.

Now, i even can't install a profile foto....

Getting real frustrated...

Should i open a new thread about it?
    I've never used WA but I know that sending pics has been a problem many times before. Do a search here on the forum and you should find some threads on that. At this point, things are just breaking down rapidly on the (now) ancient BB10 OS.
    03-06-23 12:47 PM
6,728 ... 267268269270