I have an SD card, I don't have original charger, I have blackberry link installed
    02-26-18 12:25 PM
    Ok thanks
    02-26-18 12:25 PM
    The Android Runtime simply does not have sufficient control of the BB10 Phone API.
    Ah, understood. Thanks for the clarification!
    bhavikcar likes this.
    02-26-18 03:30 PM
    Thank you very much this is all very helpful.

I'd like to ask, normally when one installs an app on a Mac one can dispose of the source file (which on a Mac is a .dmg file) once that app has been installed.

Likewise the installation on my Blackberry device was a success.
    Can you please advise can I delete those four .apk files now? If I do will this affect the running of the Google Play Store?

Thank you.
    03-23-18 02:46 AM
    APK files are safe to delete after installation.

One remark, if you're using patched APK's it's perhaps a good idea to store these at any location in case you need to reinstall those after a factory reset. But that's up to you.
    03-23-18 03:59 AM
    I followed Cobalt232's instructions to get Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 2, after build 1 stopped working a couple of months ago. However, all attempts to download have been unsuccessful. When I click on the download link provided, a menu choice appears, "Open in browser" or "Open in Mega App". Either choice then produces a "JavaScript Alert: This device is unsupported". Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? (I have BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.3.1435). Or is a side-load using a Desktop PC required (the instructions don't say that)
    04-01-18 09:21 PM
    I followed Cobalt232's instructions to get Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 2, after build 1 stopped working a couple of months ago. However, all attempts to download have been unsuccessful. When I click on the download link provided, a menu choice appears, "Open in browser" or "Open in Mega App". Either choice then produces a "JavaScript Alert: This device is unsupported". Has anyone else had this problem and what is the solution? (I have BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.3.1435). Or is a side-load using a Desktop PC required (the instructions don't say that)
    Use your PC.

---------------------------

Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.
    04-01-18 09:41 PM
    Use your PC.

---------------------------

Whitelist unpatched app.

Install patched app.
    04-10-18 05:50 PM
    Anyone else with login error? Can't use playstore anymore since several hours.

Posted via  Z10
    04-15-18 10:07 AM
    Is getting a "Please update your Google Play Services" dialog common? Or did i get the install order wrong?
    I'm getting this even on ported stuff from BBWorld - ???
    04-15-18 11:24 AM
    Very strange, deleted 4.33, 2.8 and build 2 and reinstalled everything. Still no login possible. It worked for over 2 years without problems.

Posted via  Z10
    04-16-18 03:48 AM
    Mylords! It works! I'm really chuffed. Cobalt: you are a Very Fine Person!
    05-10-18 02:45 PM
    Can the playstore be stopped or something similar? I have some problem with it because playservice and relative option have started to drain out te battery and this seems to be cause by "android player" and with task killer the only app that restart are playservice and Googleid.
    Is there something that could be done to fix this kind of issue? I used them since months without any problems till yesterday
    Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 03:37 AM
    Is getting a "Please update your Google Play Services" dialog common? Or did i get the install order wrong?
    I'm getting this even on ported stuff from BBWorld - ???
    no, all is good for it

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 03:46 AM
    I have a question about installing Google Play Services. This could be because I did not do it right, or maybe just misunderstood. Here's what I've done so far:

- Downloaded Cobalt's files and transfered over USB to my BB PP SE.
    - Installed 4.3.3 and logged in with my G Suite credentials (all good)
    - Installed the Google Play Store APK (all good; it works)
    - Installed 4.4.4 and opened it - was this a mistake?
    - Installed Google Device Policy because I was getting messages that apps needed it to run. I run it and it says it cannot run because it needs Play Services.

I think I either installed something in the wrong order or misunderstood how GPS works on BB PP. Is it that some Android apps just won't run on the device? For example, Amazon's shopping app runs fine. Google Drive won't let me log in to my account but I can see my files. Google's new Tasks app won't run either. Soundcloud works; LinkedIn works; Kindle works; Doggcatcher for podcasts works.

Not the most technical of people when it comes to this stuff so I'd appreciate any handholding the forum can offer.

Thanks
    05-15-18 07:36 PM
    I have a question about installing Google Play Services. This could be because I did not do it right, or maybe just misunderstood. Here's what I've done so far:

- Downloaded Cobalt's files and transfered over USB to my BB PP SE.
    - Installed 4.3.3 and logged in with my G Suite credentials (all good)
    - Installed the Google Play Store APK (all good; it works)
    - Installed 4.4.4 and opened it - was this a mistake?
    - Installed Google Device Policy because I was getting messages that apps needed it to run. I run it and it says it cannot run because it needs Play Services.

I think I either installed something in the wrong order or misunderstood how GPS works on BB PP. Is it that some Android apps just won't run on the device? For example, Amazon's shopping app runs fine. Google Drive won't let me log in to my account but I can see my files. Google's new Tasks app won't run either. Soundcloud works; LinkedIn works; Kindle works; Doggcatcher for podcasts works.

Not the most technical of people when it comes to this stuff so I'd appreciate any handholding the forum can offer.

Thanks

Whitelist unpatched app.

Install patched app.
    05-15-18 11:03 PM
    Thank you for the reply. If I did open 4.4.4, does that screw up the process? Is there a way to roll it back if it does...or do I need to wipe the device and start over again?
    05-16-18 01:53 PM
    Thank you for the reply. If I did open 4.4.4, does that screw up the process? Is there a way to roll it back if it does...or do I need to wipe the device and start over again?
    Opening it is usually fine - trying to change anything is where it messes up.
    05-16-18 02:06 PM
    I have reinstalled all the OS and now i can't use the store because it is unable to retrive the information from the server. Have i done something wrong?
    Last edited by Andy_aero; 05-18-18 at 01:33 PM.
    05-18-18 10:06 AM
    I do not know why but I can not install the application from the store (eg Tapatak). After clicking "install" the application is downloaded in the store and nothing happens, it does not go to the next installation step. For that I can again click the "install" button in GP and so over and over again.
    05-24-18 04:03 AM
    How to patch apps on Mac os x? Just i haven't any PC Win ((
    05-25-18 05:16 PM
    How to patch apps on Mac os x? Just i haven't any PC Win ((
    You can't.
    05-25-18 07:57 PM
    Hi , I have recently patched youtube app with PS_Patcher-1.6. Now patched youtube app couldn't login in google id and asking to update google play services. Do I need to update play service from current "Play Services v11"? in my blackberry passport 10?
    06-09-18 01:55 PM
    Hi , I have recently patched youtube app with PS_Patcher-1.6. Now patched youtube app couldn't login in google id and asking to update google play services. Do I need to update play service from current "Play Services v11"? in my blackberry passport 10?
    Youtube on BB10 ended with v13.18.55.
    06-09-18 08:49 PM
    Installed with success. But can I still actually purchase paid apps in the store today? I just tried, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to be able to process payment (user name and password correct). And the store seems have lots of Japanese apps while my google account was under US region.... What have I missed?
    07-11-18 03:26 PM
6,728 ... 264265266267268 ...