01-17-18 01:29 PM
    Snapchat and Flickr don't work on my Z30.
    Saying device won't work support google play services.
    01-17-18 01:33 PM
    Snapchat and Flickr don't work on my Z30.
    Saying device won't work support google play services.
    If you follow the instructions, and learn how to patch an app on your PC, then copy the app back to the phone to install, it should work.

You don't install Play Services from Google Play. It's already part of the group of apps installed earlier.

I don't know about Flickr, but Snapchat will never work on a BlackBerry phone, even with Play Services working. The developer has actively blocked use of the app on any BlackBerry phone. Even the workaround apps are blocked.
    01-17-18 01:47 PM
    Well those instructions don't make sense to someone who knows nothing about patching an app
    01-17-18 01:53 PM
    Thanks, works for some apps but others won't work without Google Play Services (Google Settings) which fails to install from the Playstore.
    Any ideas?
    I decided ..enough! Said thanks BB10...Z10, Passport SE..

And went and got a KEYONE!

OMG! Google Play Services? What is that!!!

good luck
    01-17-18 02:12 PM
    Oy. So ... I changed my mygoogle password. Of course, the Google Play app gives me a message that I need to "verify" my account ... which is all well and good ... but I cannot figure out how do do this for the Google Play app. I suspect this needs to be done through either the Blackberry Google ID or the Google Account apps. The Google Account allows me to add a new or existing account. I suspect I need to "remove account" in BB Google ID the account in question. The account, however, is not only my "google account" but my yahoo/rogers account as well. The confirmation warning "Removing this account will delete all of its messages, contacts and other data from the phone!" has me concerned that all of the yahoo/rogers account emails (etc) data will be removed, instead of just removing that address as my "google account" address.

Some advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated!
    01-17-18 03:25 PM
    You should have received a notification in Hub that you can tap to reauthenticate.
    01-17-18 04:19 PM
    You should have received a notification in Hub that you can tap to reauthenticate.
    Sadly, no hub notification.

I just realized that I don't have Google Login still installed.

Oh ... sweet lord ... okay ... after I go in to google ID I'm asked if I want to add a new or existing account. I select "existing". Type in account address, then password. Message "[email protected] already exists". So I just close the app. Just hit the "next" button which allows me to log in with google id, but through web login.

So .. did that. "Wait, this might take a couple of minutes" (or something similar). Eventually, window returns goes to a select-option for getting google propaganda. So it would appear that I have had a successful login. Close GoogleId. Re-open Playstore. "Please verify".

Ugh. Thought I'd round the solution.

/fail
    Last edited by mngreen; 01-17-18 at 04:41 PM.
    01-17-18 04:25 PM
    That's bad. You need it for Play Store to work.
    01-17-18 04:33 PM
    That's bad. You need it for Play Store to work.
    Oops. Well ... until I nerfed and changed the google account password through logging via web, the Play Store was working nicely.

Just tried going to your mega on my desktop, but I'm getting a file-load error of some sort. Perhaps it's my firewall at this location. I hope I will have more success on my home computer.

Will I need 4.3 or can I just go right to 4.4.4 ... I'm running the latest BB 10.3.X update.
    01-17-18 04:44 PM
    If you don't have the patched Google Play Services installed (which is not the same as Google Play Store!), you need 4.3.3.
    01-17-18 04:54 PM
    YAAAAAAA!! ... VICTORY!! ... lol

So I rebooted my Classic. Went back to Google ID. Ran through the rigamarole described earlier (eventually logging in through browser login-option after the "account already exists" message).

Opened playstore ... popup asks me to select account ... ( ) [email protected], ( ) "new".

Selected the first. Google ID popped up with the browser login for that account. Entered password. Voila. The gateway to Play Store ... unlocked.

Cobalt ... the commitment and work that you and Conite provide in support of this community is astonishing.

Thank you both.
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    01-17-18 05:03 PM
    First post ever,

I had,
    com.google.android.gms-11.3.02-cobalt.apk,
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.3.3-cobalt.apk,
    cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk,
    com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build2.apk,
    installed.

Google Play Store is working. Great work!

Downloaded all the APKs I needed with APK-Downloader (link). Now I plan to Patch/Analyze each one of them using the Play Service Patcher (PS-Patcher-1.6.zip) (link). The question here is, do I need to install com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-(only use together with com.google.android.gms).apk over the v.4.3.3. to have NYTimes - Crosswords installed/working on my device?
    Being curious, what exactly is the difference that you guys were talking about all over this thread between the way of working of v.4.3.3. and v.4.4.4. (Is there a changelog or something that I'm missing or it's Just different)?

Dev: BB Passport SE , OS v.10.3.3.3057
    01-18-18 05:55 PM
    Hi! The difference is how account authentication works.

If Account Manager 4.3.3 is installed, the login process is handled between Google Account Manager and the Google remote server.

If Google Account Manager 4.4.4 is used, the login requested is routed through Google Play Services.

That's why you need 4.4.4 if you plan to use Google Play Services.
    ze3rax likes this.
    01-19-18 07:00 AM
    i am update today.
    01-21-18 04:30 AM
    i am update today.
    Now don't forget to install the Android Runtime patch to fix the faulty one that was included in 10.3.2.2876. Reboot after install - don't "open".

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    01-21-18 08:27 AM
    Now don't forget to install the Android Runtime patch to fix the faulty one that was included in 10.3.2.2876. Reboot after install - don't "open".

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000037772
    thank you for reminding me, if one day software update install it again.
    01-21-18 09:36 AM
    What is aoo
    01-22-18 02:22 AM
    1.) many thanks again to Cobalt - i made a donation

About "Hangouts"

Maybe, this is the wrong pace for my problems:

After, i was able to install everything about playstore, google account, google settings, playstore etc. etc. on my BB Q 10 (last OS version)
    - i have One problem left: "Hangouts"

All my Google App's are running without any problems with playservice - no: "playservice needed" - no playservice ended
    Nothing - all this App's are running perfect - acept "Hangouts"!
    My Google App's, which are running perfect:
    Maps, Drive, Gmail, Earth, Chrome

I noticed, that Google App's need a native playservice, which is normally ONLY running on android....

But my App's are running - accept "Hangouts"

Could someone help me out?

If i had an explanation about:
    Google App's are running - only Hangout doesn't:
    - i could stop searching - ore go on with it.

Tanks

Kind Regards
    01-24-18 01:24 PM
    @ Cobalt:
    thanks again for your perfect work.

My problem:
    i don't know / don't remember about all the steps i made - resp. don't remember aobout the ricght order of all the installations and i am affraid to change / try again because of loosing my running solution i have now.

What i DO now:
    Playstore is running perfect.
    All my Google App's are running without "playservice - problems":
    - which doesn't mean, that i did all right and in the right order.

My Google App's: Drive / Maps / Earth / Gmail / Chrome
    are all running perfect.
    Does that mean, that i did everything right? - about playservice 443 / 444 ??????
    Only "Hangouts" doesn't run, because of "missing" playservice......
    Does that mean - i made a mistake?
    Is it possible, that my Google App's are running - even, when i made a "faulty" playservice installation???

Thank you and kind regards
    01-24-18 01:42 PM
    If I turn off "Run when minimized " for both Google play services or Google account ... will they still run normally?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 11:10 AM
    If I turn off "Run when minimized " for both Google play services or Google account ... will they still run normally?

Posted via CB10
    "Run when minimized" does nothing - unless you keep apps sitting around on your app screen.
    01-26-18 11:35 AM
    Update:
    finally got Hangouts running like a charm.

But still have the problem with "Google Home".....
    Would like to use my chromcast 1st edition...

Tried the same as i did with Hangouts:

uninstall and re-install it over and over again.
    Every time, i download it --> stopped the insatllation --> marked it in Google White list --> patched it --> installed the patched version.

Over and over again.
    Got only Hangouts running.

OK - Hangouts needed a few times of uninstal and re-install, before it is running like it does now....

Someone got a solution?

Btw: is it allways critical, to allow updates from the Google app's?
    Until now, i didn't had any problems with updates....

regards
    01-26-18 12:40 PM
    Update:
    found an older thread about "Google Home" (Chromecast)
    here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...tched-1040797/

"Rubarth12" offers a patched version, which i installed.
    This one is much smaller than the latest one but:
    IT WORKS !
    W'll see, what i can do with it - resp. what i can do with my chromcast 1st edition...
    01-26-18 02:24 PM
    I followed the instructions and completed step 1 and step2 of download. But cannot login to google account. I tried the solution in FAQ, but either one is not working. need help. I have 10.3.3 running on my passport
    01-26-18 08:06 PM
6,728 ... 262263264265266 ...