my working version of whatsapp became absolute is there a newer version that works ? or should i just install the latest release from play store if it's working ?

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20171110_062239.png
    11-14-17 05:14 AM
    my working version of whatsapp became absolute is there a newer version that works ? or should i just install the latest release from play store if it's working ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171110_062239.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	431445
    Latest works fine.
    KRDROIDD likes this.
    11-14-17 07:29 AM
    latest twitter app from play store scroll to slow.. is there a lighter version ?
    11-17-17 04:36 PM
    latest twitter app from play store scroll to slow.. is there a lighter version ?
    You're better off using Blaq on BlackBerry World.
    KRDROIDD likes this.
    11-17-17 04:41 PM
    Hello Cobalt (or anyone else reading this!)

Many thanks for this hard work. It's excellent. Thank you.

Can I ask a question?

I've just been through and followed the installation process on your playstoreblackberry.com website. Initially, I followed it on my own Z10, as I wanted to download the Android version of WhatsApp before the BB version dies forever.

Managed to get Playstore on the Z10 fine, and then tried to download the WA app. It wouldn't download. Then I noticed that I needed to uninstall Playstore, and install build 2 - this was done, and WhatsApp then downloaded ok.

I tried to run it, and for the first two or three times, it wouldn't go much further than the SMS verification stage. For the first 2 or 3 times of loading it, it would simply say "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device". When you clear the message, you simply get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen and nothing happens.

However, on MY Z10, on the fourth attempt of loading it, it just loaded! WTF? Anyway, I was pleased nonetheless.

This is my problem though....

My two boys also have Z10's, so I attempted to repeat the process on one of theirs, for the exact same reason. I went through the exact same installation steps, but no joy. It simply wouldn't go beyond the error that had initially blocked me, but this time, no matter how many times I try to load the app - it just won't load.

Then I discovered that my son is an arse, and the O/S was old and an update was waiting. I think he was on 10.1, and after a LOT of pissing around, I got the phone connected to my laptop fine, and updated the O/S via BB Link. I then deleted all of the downloaded files from your download page, and rebooted the phone. I tried to follow the full installation process again, but it became clear that the already installed constituent parts were all still there. I reinstalled them all again anyway, and PlayStore is in and working as far as I can see.

The Android version of WA was already installed (from the first time), as when you find it in PlayStore, it only gave you the option to "Open" it, not to "Install" it. I uninstalled it as a precaution and rebooted the phone. I then re-loaded PlayStore and reinstalled the Android WA. It downloaded and installed first time.

However, I simply can't get much beyond the SMS verification stage again! The SMS verified, but each time you load the app, it simply pops up the same PlayStore services message and when you "ok" this message, it simply goes to a spinning circle and does nothing. Sometimes, if you leave it for long enough - (circa 20 mins) - it will pop up the Google Play services message again. Sometimes you just get bored of nothing, shut down the app and reload it. Either way, it's not going forward.

When you click on the "Help" button in the top right corner, this works says "conneting" and brings up the "Please describe your problem" page with submit button and so on, so I think I'm close to the app working - but I was wondering if it was a setting or something small that I need to adjust or change to get the WA app to actually run fully?

The only difference between the handsets I can find, is that my original Z10 (which is running Android WA ok) has O/S 10.3.2.2836 (which incidentally, when you check for updates reports that this is the newest version available)

The Z10 where it isn't working, has O/S 10.3.3.1435 (installed this afternoon).

Many, many thanks for any help to get this glitch sorted. Fantastically, although I thought we had until December, those ***** at Facebook/WA have now shut down the BB WA app, and nothing can used. Zuckerberg is such a greedy **** (I'll get off my soapbox now).
    11-19-17 07:18 PM
    Hello Cobalt (or anyone else reading this!)

Many thanks for this hard work. It's excellent. Thank you.

Can I ask a question?

I've just been through and followed the installation process on your playstoreblackberry.com website. Initially, I followed it on my own Z10, as I wanted to download the Android version of WhatsApp before the BB version dies forever.

Managed to get Playstore on the Z10 fine, and then tried to download the WA app. It wouldn't download. Then I noticed that I needed to uninstall Playstore, and install build 2 - this was done, and WhatsApp then downloaded ok.

I tried to run it, and for the first two or three times, it wouldn't go much further than the SMS verification stage. For the first 2 or 3 times of loading it, it would simply say "WhatsApp won't run without Google Play services, which are not supported by your device". When you clear the message, you simply get a spinning circle in the middle of the screen and nothing happens.

However, on MY Z10, on the fourth attempt of loading it, it just loaded! WTF? Anyway, I was pleased nonetheless.

This is my problem though....

My two boys also have Z10's, so I attempted to repeat the process on one of theirs, for the exact same reason. I went through the exact same installation steps, but no joy. It simply wouldn't go beyond the error that had initially blocked me, but this time, no matter how many times I try to load the app - it just won't load.

Then I discovered that my son is an arse, and the O/S was old and an update was waiting. I think he was on 10.1, and after a LOT of pissing around, I got the phone connected to my laptop fine, and updated the O/S via BB Link. I then deleted all of the downloaded files from your download page, and rebooted the phone. I tried to follow the full installation process again, but it became clear that the already installed constituent parts were all still there. I reinstalled them all again anyway, and PlayStore is in and working as far as I can see.

The Android version of WA was already installed (from the first time), as when you find it in PlayStore, it only gave you the option to "Open" it, not to "Install" it. I uninstalled it as a precaution and rebooted the phone. I then re-loaded PlayStore and reinstalled the Android WA. It downloaded and installed first time.

However, I simply can't get much beyond the SMS verification stage again! The SMS verified, but each time you load the app, it simply pops up the same PlayStore services message and when you "ok" this message, it simply goes to a spinning circle and does nothing. Sometimes, if you leave it for long enough - (circa 20 mins) - it will pop up the Google Play services message again. Sometimes you just get bored of nothing, shut down the app and reload it. Either way, it's not going forward.

When you click on the "Help" button in the top right corner, this works says "conneting" and brings up the "Please describe your problem" page with submit button and so on, so I think I'm close to the app working - but I was wondering if it was a setting or something small that I need to adjust or change to get the WA app to actually run fully?

The only difference between the handsets I can find, is that my original Z10 (which is running Android WA ok) has O/S 10.3.2.2836 (which incidentally, when you check for updates reports that this is the newest version available)

The Z10 where it isn't working, has O/S 10.3.3.1435 (installed this afternoon).

Many, many thanks for any help to get this glitch sorted. Fantastically, although I thought we had until December, those ***** at Facebook/WA have now shut down the BB WA app, and nothing can used. Zuckerberg is such a greedy **** (I'll get off my soapbox now).
    Just download from www.whatsapp.com/android.

Don't patch. Ignore Google Play Services warning by clicking outside of the box. Sign in.

Then run fixer from BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088
    rjsdavis likes this.
    11-19-17 07:23 PM
    Just download from WhatsApp for Android.

Don't patch. Ignore Google Play Services warning by clicking outside of the box. Sign in.

Then run fixer from BlackBerry World.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005088
    Thank you Conite! I think I've just made some progress here. Clicking outside of the "Ok" (as you said) box seems to have done the trick! Good tip - thanks. I've just sent a test message from mine to his phone and it's working... Group chats are downloading etc...

Should I still run the fixer from BlackBerry World that you've provided the link for?
    11-19-17 07:32 PM
    Thank you Conite! I think I've just made some progress here. Clicking outside of the "Ok" (as you said) box seems to have done the trick! Good tip - thanks. I've just sent a test message from mine to his phone and it's working... Group chats are downloading etc...

Should I still run the fixer from BlackBerry World that you've provided the link for?
    Yes. That will allow you to send media.
    11-19-17 07:44 PM
    Many thanks again Conite - very, very helpful.

I think that this has partly worked (apols if I'm sticking this into the wrong thread). On the third Z10, I've just completed the whole installation process sequence, and Android WA has installed ok. I then used the WhatsFixer from your link above, and probably made the error of following both the written, manual, step-by-step instructions (D'oh) from the Crackberry forum link and YouTube video, and then using the bloody WhatsFixer on top (afterwards) as well. I hadn't appreciated that they were essentially the same thing.

I did already have the WhatsApp folder in the Android folder on the SD card, so I presume that this had been created by the Android WA installation from the PlayStore (I mention it only as when I was following the manual "move folder" steps from above, when it moved the Folder, it simply renamed it "WhatsApp1" as the folder already existed? (I just left it, and then ran the WhatsFixer app anyway).

Anywho, I then ran the WhatsFixer on the third phone. It seems to have partly worked, (the "done" button on the WhatsFixer app remained greyed out, so I simply closed the app after waiting for about five mins for that to change - but it never did), and then tried to send a picture, via Android WhatsApp on the third Z10. The picture sent fine.

I then tried a video (7.5mb), but this failed, and it gave me a "Failed to load video, please try again later" rejection message. So, it appears that photo's send, and videos don't?

I then tried to send a picture on my original (first) Z10 on the Android WhatsApp that had just received the picture successfully from the third phone. It wouldn't send. (WhatsFixer hadn't been run at that stage on this handset).

I followed the instructions and this time I just downloaded and ran the WhatsFixer app on the first phone. Upon loading Android WhatsApp after completing the WhatsFixer fix, the picture that had previously failed to send from Phone 1, then sent to Phone 3 without a problem straightaway - so WhatsFixer seems to have worked on both handsets for pic-sending on both Phone 1 and Phone 3 (haven't tried Phone 2 yet as it's at school with child at the moment!).

Then tried to send a video from Phone 1 (I tried a 15mb video) - this made Android WhatsApp stall and I got a "WA isn't responding; Wait or Close" message. I tried waiting once, and when it appeared again, I closed it.

Upon rebooting, I tried a smaller video (1 secs / 2mb) . This threw WA into a frenzy and minimised the app window. Whenever you selected the window to maximise it, it would auto-minimise again. I closed it in the end.

I Reloaded WA again on Phone 1. Now, whenever I reload and try to select a video from the "gallery" - it's just not having it at all, and goes into "auto-minimise" mode, and pisses around with the app window for a little while. Eventually, if you leave it long enough, it brings itself out of the gallery (video) selection screen, and goes back to the chat you were trying to send/add a video to!

A reboot of both phones, created a long-load time when restarting WA after the phone reboot, but it did load eventually. However, it didn't change anything at all, and videos still don't send. Not even really small ones!

Does this mean that it's pictures only on Android WA on BB, and no videos?
    11-20-17 08:22 AM
    Uber: When run Uber on my PP, it's need google play services. And used your Patch software, it said "This app doesn't need to patch".
    Thanks.
    11-22-17 04:04 AM
    Uber: When run Uber on my PP, it's need google play services. And used your Patch software, it said "This app doesn't need to patch".
    Thanks.
    It does need to be patched.

Make sure the PS Patcher folder is just off your root drive.
    11-22-17 06:44 AM
    Is there a way to download playstore version 6 second version without going through Mega? I can't get playstore to work it keeps giving me message that it can't connect to server.
    11-24-17 03:18 PM
    I tried everything and nothing works bb10.3.3
    11-24-17 03:20 PM
    Finally got it to work. Didn't know I had to register my phone. Didn't see it in the steps. Wouldn't register the first time but did the second time.
    Thanks!
    11-24-17 03:28 PM
    From the first post of this thread:

Step 3: Register your device with Google Play
    Install cobalt.blackberry.googleID. Run the app and register your device with Google Play. Close the app after successfull registration.

/more-your-blackberry-10-phone-f306/google-play-store-blackberry-10-outdated-985344/#post11189556
    11-25-17 12:33 PM
    I registered my phone but most of the better apps just don't run. They either don't run or freeze.
    11-25-17 12:37 PM
    I registered my phone but most of the better apps just don't run. They either don't run or freeze.
    Like what?
    11-25-17 12:53 PM
    Facebook Instagram Uber snapchat so far
    11-25-17 01:03 PM
    Facebook Instagram Uber snapchat so far
    Snapchat doesn't work on BB10.

Facebook doesn't work, but Facebook Lite does - don't patch.

Latest Uber works fine but needs to be patched.

Use an older version of Instagram (around v10.3.2 or prior), or use iGrann native app from BlackBerry World.
    11-25-17 02:43 PM
    Thnk you! What patch are you talking about? The files for the newest version of playstore is on Mega? I can't get that app to run either so I can't access them :[
    11-25-17 02:47 PM
    Thnk you! What patch are you talking about? The files for the newest version of playstore is on Mega? I can't get that app to run either so I can't access them :[
    Cobalt's file share (download to PC and copy files to phone):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still doesn't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    11-25-17 02:53 PM
    Thanks so much for the help. I will have to sit down and figure it all out
    11-25-17 02:57 PM
    Thank you very much
    11-29-17 04:57 PM
    Once I installed all the files as stated from Cobalt, I tried to install Google account v.4.4.4 but I cannot access because unable to contact Google server. (I received this error "comunication error with Google server")

Posted via CB10
    11-30-17 02:57 AM
    Once I installed all the files as stated from Cobalt, I tried to install Google account v.4.4.4 but I cannot access because unable to contact Google server. (I received this error "comunication error with Google server")

Posted via CB10
    As stated in the instructions, do not open after updating.
    11-30-17 09:59 AM
6,728 ... 259260261262263 ...