You r the real mvp mate
    10-05-17 03:26 PM
    Version History

Sorting order is from oldest to newest. To see the latest changes, scroll down to the end of this post.

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 1
    * Initial release
    * Modified downloader code to support downloading on Blackberry
    * Modified installer code to support installation/deinstallation of downloaded apps
    * Patch for Google Play services dependencies
    * Patch to prevent GMS core updates

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 2
    * Fix for 50+ MB apps
    * Can now download obb files (game data)

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 3
    * Added support for in-app purchasing

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 4
    * Fix for app selector showing up after a download completed (open with... dialog)
    * Last working version for OS 10.2.x

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 5
    * Downloaded apk files (free and purchased) are now saved in the device/downloads folder
    * Now only supports OS 10.3.x (because of changes in the downloader code)

Google Play Store 5.1.11 build 6
    * Fix to prevent Google Play store from giving random apk names that later can't be handled by new installer invoking code.
    * New downloader invoking code that verifies, if an app has already been downloaded to device\downloads. If true, Installation will be invoked instead of re-download. A version check assures, that newer version still will be downloaded.
    * New installer invoking code to handle the normalized apk names
    * New notification code. After a successfull download, the screen will turn on for a few secs and the notification will be shown. If you click on it, you are taken to the apps info window from where you can invoke the installer.

************************************************** **********************************************

Google Play Store 5.2.12 build 1
    * All previous patches applied
    * Fix: Permissions dialog is suppressed if the app previously has been downloaded and is installed from device/downloads folder

Google Play Store 5.2.13 build 1
    * Fix: Screen turning black for a second when opening app permissions fixed (caused by an exception thrown by PlayStore due to missing GP-Services)

************************************************** **********************************************

Google Play Store 5.3.5 build 1
    * Fix to prevent selfupdate of the Play Store (fixes problem that the caused the Store to disapear after a selfupdate)
    * Fix to prevent crash if Help button is pressed in Play Store (it normally calls Google Play Services to display the help window)

Google Play Store 5.3.6 build 1
    * Fix for SNK games download bug (if a SNK game was downloaded, the next SNK download called installer instead of downloading the new file).

Google Play Store 5.4.10 build 1
    * Fix for help button in settings. This now opens a secure https link to the Google help page instead of just doing nothing.

Google Play Store 5.4.12 build 1
    * Minor change in exception handling

Google Play Store 5.5.8 build 1
    * Fix for Play Store closing after a download

Google Play Store 5.5.12 build 1

Google Play Store 5.6.6 build 1

Google Play Store 5.6.8 build 1

Google Play Store 5.7.6 build 1
    * New: In-app Billing support for patched apps (requires Google+ Whitelist app)

Google Play Store 5.8.8 build 1
    * New: Hardcoded In-App billing signature support for patched versions of Clash of Clans, Boom Beach and Hay Day
    * To use In-App billing with other patched apps use Google+ Whitelist app

Google Play Store 5.8.8 build 2
    * Enhanced support for small screen devices (Q10 form factor) so that you can download any app from Playstore
    * You should no longer get the message that your device is not supported with certain apps
    * This only works together with the new Blackberry Google ID 2.2 app!

Google Play Store 5.9.11 build 1
    * Implemented App library fix, allows to update all installed apps, even if the app is patched or was not installed with Play Store. Caution: The app may not update, if the signature of the installed app doesn't match the downloaded app. If you get an error when updating, remove the installed app and then install the downloaded app.

Google Play Store 5.9.11 build 2
    * Fixed In-App Billing for patched apps (was broken in 5.9.11 build 1)

Google Play Store 5.9.11 build 3
    * Fixed for GMS core updates and Play Store selfupdate (was broken in 5.9.11 build 1/2)

Google Play Store 5.9.11 build 4
    * Fixed downloader/installer code so that an already downloaded file won't download again if it's found in the downloads folder and has the same version number (this was broken in build 1/2/3 due to massive internal code changes)
    * New: If you tap the build version in Play Store settings, you are taken to my webpage where you can see your currently installed version and the latest available update for Play Store

Google Play Store 5.9.12 build 1
    * New: Autoupdates for installed apps are turned off by default
    * Fix: Obb files are now handled correctly again (Error 911 during download)

Google Play Store 5.10.29 build 1
    * All patches applied

Google Play Store 5.12.9 build 1
    * Fixed bug that caused Google Play Services to download/update automatically
    * All patches applied

Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 1
    * All patches applied
    Hello please can you send me link I can't be able to find it. My Google store crashes all time. Please

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 05:51 PM
    What about error related to device not connected to interne.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-17 07:06 AM
    Read the first post. The download link is under the section DOWNLOAD LINKS.
    10-06-17 08:36 AM
    Cobalt,
    Thanks for your development work. I've got com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build2.apk installed and have managed the whitelisting -> patching with PS_Patcher-1.6.exe --> installing patched apps for a while. Since about 1/15/17, I've got com.waze-patched.apk on my Q10, running OS 10.3.3.2205, SR 10.3.3.1463

It's not really my goto daily driver, using the native maps app, instead, but, despite some difficulties with waze, I think it's got potential.
    Recently, playstore notified me of a waze update and I downloaded it. It "could not be installed", so I patched it, which removed the signature check.

At this point, I thought I read of the proper protocol for updating a patched app, searched for the authority, but cannot find it.
    Do I touch-click the new patched waze apk on my Q10 and ask it to update or do I uninstall the current waze, first?

Also, I've been whitelisting update apk's that won't install before trying to install the patched newer version. Google+ Whitelist tells me it is already whitelisted, last time I tried, and asks me if I want to update the listing or similar language. I requested that that be done.
    Is that the correct method or does the original whitelisting suffice?

Thanks.
    Rolf
    10-08-17 08:51 AM
    To update an app:
    1. download the app with Play Store
    2. cancel the install dialog and grab the downloaded apk from the downloads folder
    3. patch the app with default settings
    4. install the patched version over the existing one

Whitelisting is only needed to be done once. You don't have to whitelist updates.
    rolfep likes this.
    10-08-17 09:04 AM
    Thank you.
    10-08-17 12:24 PM
    Gerne.
    10-08-17 01:24 PM
    Gerne.
    Cobalt, you may be forced out of BB10 retirement to update Google Play Games, if possible.

A number of people (not me) play Clash of Clans, and the latest update requires the new Play Games.
    10-11-17 09:33 AM
    Ok, I'll look into it!
    10-11-17 10:02 AM
    Hi I am a big fan however many apps are no longer working on 4.3 and the developers have told me I need to be on 4.4 or higher. Is this available from you or are there any plans to release?

Thank you
    10-14-17 10:02 AM
    Hi I am a big fan however many apps are no longer working on 4.3 and the developers have told me I need to be on 4.4 or higher. Is this available from you or are there any plans to release?

Thank you
    That's a function of BB10, and it will never happen.
    10-14-17 10:30 AM
    I'm seriously considering to buy a passport, but one thing that keeps me from it is the ability to connect my smartwatch (Sony SW3)
    Anyone can advise on this? Does Android wear work? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance 😊
    10-22-17 01:24 AM
    I'm seriously considering to buy a passport, but one thing that keeps me from it is the ability to connect my smartwatch (Sony SW3)
    Anyone can advise on this? Does Android wear work? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance 😊
    Android Wear does not work.
    Don Juan Sanchez likes this.
    10-22-17 09:19 AM
    I've been having trouble paying for an app using PayPal with Google Playstore since downloading this. It asks for my Google password and when I give it it won't work; however I can access my Google account so I know it's the correct password. Anyone experience this? I was thinking it might be some setting in my app manager. It's weird.
    10-22-17 08:36 PM
    Hallo,
    I updated my Z30 to OS 10.3.3.3057 and installed the Play Store. Now I am facing the same Problem already occured back in May this year. Play Store crashes at the Moment you hit the button "update". In post number 1 it says the is Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 2 [Released on October 1, 2017]. But sorry. I cannot find a download for it. ANy help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    10-27-17 09:45 AM
    Hallo,
    I updated my Z30 to OS 10.3.3.3057 and installed the Play Store. Now I am facing the same Problem already occured back in May this year. Play Store crashes at the Moment you hit the button "accept" after you Chose the App. In post number 1 it says the is Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 2 [Released on October 1, 2017]. But sorry. I cannot find a download for it. ANy help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    10-27-17 09:45 AM
    Hallo,
    I updated my Z30 to OS 10.3.3.3057 and installed the Play Store. Now I am facing the same Problem already occured back in May this year. Play Store crashes at the Moment you hit the button "accept" after you Chose the App. In post number 1 it says the is Google Play Store 6.0.0 build 2 [Released on October 1, 2017]. But sorry. I cannot find a download for it. ANy help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    It's in the mega link.
    10-27-17 09:53 AM
    I installed "com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-(only use together with com.google.android.gms).apk" + "com.google.android.gms-11.3.02-cobalt.apk" + "cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk" on my BB Passport. Then I uninstalled the apps with ES Explorer but I already get notification messages to "update google play services". Is there the possibility to uninstall this? Thanks in advance
    10-28-17 06:25 AM
    I installed "com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-(only use together with com.google.android.gms).apk" + "com.google.android.gms-11.3.02-cobalt.apk" + "cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8.apk" on my BB Passport. Then I uninstalled the apps with ES Explorer but I already get notification messages to "update google play services". Is there the possibility to uninstall this? Thanks in advance
    Delete everything and start over.

Cobalt's file share:

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

Stop here if all you want is Play Store.

Install Play Services v11.

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

If an app requires Google Play Services:
    Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still won't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    10-28-17 08:07 AM
    Cool. I wonder if it's possible to get android 5 or 6... instead of 4
    10-28-17 10:14 AM
    Cool. I wonder if it's possible to get android 5 or 6... instead of 4
    No and never. Forever stuck on 4.3 Jellybean.
    MaeiusZZ likes this.
    10-28-17 10:26 AM
    Thanks for this amazing work. So great to have google play store on my bb10 classic.
    I added 2 google accounts, I can see both accounts in the google play store. Unfortunately, every app i install gets associated with the first account I added. I can pick account #2 in google play, but after install, it's still associated with account #1 .
    Is there a way to delete one of the accounts? Or is there a way to do an installation and make it associated with account #2 ?
    10-29-17 07:40 AM
    Did you add the second account after checking in the device? If yes, you should do a re-checkin to register both accounts. Not sure if that works though, it may be that Play Store always prefers your primary account, which is the first one that you have created on the device. You can change your primary account b removing all accounts and adding them again in the wanted order. Hope this helps.
    10-29-17 09:03 AM
    Hello

Just one thing, Cobalt's file share webpage displays a blank page with the BB10 browser. Do you encounter this issue too ?
    I know that there's other ways like BB Blend but i wanted to be sure that this is not a particular issue on my phone.

Thanks !

(Q10 SQN100-3 running BB 10.3.2.2836)
    10-29-17 12:33 PM
6,728 ... 257258259260261 ...