Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you very much Cobalt. You are doing amazing work! I'm using Google Play on BlackBerry for some time now and it's working flawless.

But there is problem with Facebook apps... I think it's well know now that Facebook and Messenger are not working. Maybe you can get an old version working, but I guess it lacks a lot of features now.
    That's not a problem, at least for me, I already got used to Browser versions and it's OK.

Now, Instagram. It was working very well but about month or two, it just stopped working after update. Just like Facebook, it will run and stop there. After some time you'll be asked to stop app.
    Is there workaround for the above problem? Does anybody got luck? Does patching help?
    I would not love browser version as its not easy to upload images, watch stories, etc...

Thanks once again
    01-21-17 06:06 PM
    I using the app on my passport the different I sign in each time I want to use it and sing out before closing. This way Insta doesn't freez
    01-21-17 06:12 PM
    Hello everyone.

First of all, thank you very much Cobalt. You are doing amazing work! I'm using Google Play on BlackBerry for some time now and it's working flawless.

But there is problem with Facebook apps... I think it's well know now that Facebook and Messenger are not working. Maybe you can get an old version working, but I guess it lacks a lot of features now.
    That's not a problem, at least for me, I already got used to Browser versions and it's OK.

Now, Instagram. It was working very well but about month or two, it just stopped working after update. Just like Facebook, it will run and stop there. After some time you'll be asked to stop app.
    Is there workaround for the above problem? Does anybody got luck? Does patching help?
    I would not love browser version as its not easy to upload images, watch stories, etc...

Thanks once again
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/instagr...-apk-download/
    01-21-17 07:50 PM
    I must be doing something wrong as when I open your link to the files, I cannot download nor open any of the files. Suggestions?

Kurt
    01-21-17 08:06 PM
    I tried this APK, it works for first time but after I close it, it updates automatically to latest version and stops working. Auto updates are disabled in Play Store but it updates itself.
    However, solution by rabih2 works. I downloaded above APK installed, logged out. Next time I logged in it was new version but working. You must logout before closing or if not, next time you open it, it will freeze and it'll be unusable.
    This is bit weird, you need to get used to logout every time but it works. It is good workaround and hopefully someone finds a better way or Instagram fixes it (Ok, it will not happen).

Thank you very much guys. =)
    01-22-17 03:22 AM
    is this the last one working (video call) Skype 6.18.0.911 ? anyone else tried newest?
    01-22-17 06:12 AM
    Delete all Cobalt files. Reboot device.

Install and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Google Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open after).
    Install Google Play Store v6.
    Install Google Play Games v3.9.08.
    Install whitelist v1.0.0.6.
    Can these steps be added to the OP? I've had to follow them when setting up multiple BB10 devices, and having to search for this post every time is a hassle given that the 4.3.3 step is missing from the first post.
    01-22-17 11:02 AM
    The install order is explained on the first Page of my Google Apps landing page. You only need Google Login 4.4.4 if you have Google Play SERVICES installed.
    01-22-17 11:16 AM
    Hi, is it possible to make the app more compatible with the latest google play store? I wanted to download 2 apps, 1 for Samsung Gear S2 smart watch (the original Samsung S Health app) and 1 for Sony Smartband 2 fitness tracker ( Smartband2 SWR12 app). I know softwares are softwares, but it would be great to use smart gadgets on great old Blackberrys OS too and not just on the Android ****s

Thank you!
    01-22-17 12:14 PM
    The Play Store just downloads the apps. They don't become "more compatible" with a newer version of Play Store.
    01-22-17 12:17 PM
    having issues using cobalt apk files, i installed all four but can't register device or use google play store
    after installing google id and logging in with my google credentials it shows 4 entries , one for BB device, one for my google account, and it shows two warnings . i will post s screen shot if necessary
    01-23-17 10:33 AM
    Use Google Login 4.3.3 to login. Only update to Google Login 4.4.4 if you are using the patched Google Play Services.
    01-23-17 11:45 AM
    Thanks.Just installed this App and its a real charm!
    01-23-17 03:28 PM
    thanks i was using the patched Google play services i believe , using steps posted earlier in this forum by "Shifty Axel"...
    nstall and login with 4.3.3.
    Install and register with 2.8.
    Install Google Play Services v10.
    Update 4.4.4 over 4.3.3 (but don't open after).
    Install Google Play Store v6.
    Install Google Play Games v3.9.08.
    Install whitelist v1.0.0.6.

after doing these steps i was able to register device

Now, issue i have is, i installed Google Maps navigation app and when i tap on the blue dot to enhance location its asking for Google Play Services to be updated or something. I saw on some previous forums that we may need to patch the Maps app. i downloaded the patcher program PS_Patcher-1.4.zip, unziped it but when i try to click on the .exe files, its says it can't run it. i even tried the PS_Patcher-1.5-beta2.exe, same message "unable to open ......" any ideas? i am hoping to be able to use Maps and Uber, Lyft app on my BB PassSE OS 10.3.3.1435
    01-23-17 03:35 PM
    It's a PC app. And it needs Java on your PC. Read the first post.
    01-23-17 03:59 PM
    Plus, use Play Services Patcher 1.6.
    01-23-17 04:02 PM
    i dont see a play services patcher 1.6 ,
    the google maps app works on samsung phones and android just fine, not sure why you call it a PC app since its for navigation too
    01-23-17 04:21 PM
    i dont see a play services patcher 1.6 ,
    the google maps app works on samsung phones and android just fine, not sure why you call it a PC app since its for navigation too
    You patch all apps that require Google Play Services, on your PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6.

This PC program is in the mega link file share.
    01-23-17 04:30 PM
    How do I patch from PC? I have been doing everything from the phone

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:56 PM
    So I got message when I installed you tube as well, "...won't work without Google play services " so do I have to install the patcher for all apps?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 06:08 PM
    So I got message when I installed you tube as well, "...won't work without Google play services " so do I have to install the patcher for all apps?

Posted via CB10
    Again, you have to patch any app that requires Google Play Services.
    01-23-17 06:13 PM
    01-24-17 02:03 AM
    Hi,

I did follow the procedure to install cobalt, but when I run vending 6.0 build 1, I get an error message "unable to install this app"

any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
    01-27-17 03:19 PM
    Hi,

I did follow the procedure to install cobalt, but when I run vending 6.0 build 1, I get an error message "unable to install this app"

any help will be appreciated!

Thanks
    Did you ever try to install it before?
    01-27-17 03:30 PM
    I appreciate the hard work you put in to this project. I was happy I was able to install google play on my bb classic but not all apps work. UBER driver doesn't open anymore but it did the first time. BBM wont' open at all. What's App's video call displays video dark. I downloaded a chess game too and it crashed.

Being that google play is not native to the os 10 system I was afraid some apps weren't going to work properly and to my dismay, I was right. I hate to do away with my bb classic but there are apps that we've gotten use to that don't work well on the os 10 system or are just plain not available.

I still commend you for the great effort.
    01-27-17 10:33 PM
6,728 ... 243244245246247 ...