I did a great deal of experimenting an eventually found that installing the UNPATCHED app and adding / updating it's entry in the whitelist worked for me. This has worked twice now for two versions of BK.
    FYI:
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page
    GOOGLE+ WHITELIST
    Instructions:
    3. Select the UNPATCHED apk file of the app and add it to the whitelist
    06-05-16 09:01 AM
    How is the effect of Cobalt apps to the battery? Because I'm using Z 10 and not sure if it's a good idea.

Posted via Z10
    06-05-16 09:28 AM
    How is the effect of Cobalt apps to the battery? Because I'm using Z 10 and not sure if it's a good idea.

Posted via Z10
    Insignificant.
    06-05-16 10:47 AM
    Thanks @conite! I will try.

Posted via Z10
    06-05-16 10:55 AM

Posted via Z10
    Have Cobalts Playstore installed on my Passport SE and Z10 STL100-1. Both run perfectly and no battery additional drain on both! No battery issues!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    06-05-16 12:04 PM
    Hi eywong,

Thanks for that, but i'd already tried the normal method of installing patched app, then adding unpatched signature to whitelist dB with no luck.

For me it's only the one app, bowling king, that i've ever had this issue with.

My suggestion works for me, so the op might want to give it a try.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    06-06-16 01:04 AM
    Hi, if you read back you'll see I had the same issue with Miniclips "Bowling King". I wasn't able able to get an answer here but felt it must be down to the app signature and whitelist.

I did a great deal of experimenting an eventually found that installing the UNPATCHED app and adding / updating it's entry in the whitelist worked for me. This has worked twice now for two versions of BK.

The Updating the whitelist step may not be required as it did show the right version.

give that a try.

Regards

James
    Just for some clarity, I install the unpatched app and add it to whitelist. Then what? Uninstall and install the patched version?
    06-06-16 03:45 PM
    Just for some clarity, I install the unpatched app and add it to whitelist. Then what? Uninstall and install the patched version?
    Yes.

Although you didn't really need to actually install the unpatched version - you only needed to whitelist the unpatched apk file.
    06-06-16 04:03 PM
    Yes.

Although you didn't really need to actually install the unpatched version - you only needed to whitelist the unpatched apk file.
    I've added the unpatched .apk to Whitelist. I was just trying to understand how his method differs from just normally adding them without installing the unpatched apk.
    06-06-16 08:47 PM
    I've added the unpatched .apk to Whitelist. I was just trying to understand how his method differs from just normally adding them without installing the unpatched apk.
    Hi again, I'll try and make this clearer as I don't think I'm doing a good job;

When you follow Colbolt's instructions, you use the UNPATCHED version of the application when adding an entry for it to the whitelist;

/partial quote from Colbolt's Google Apps Landing Page

"3. Select the UNPATCHED apk file of the app and add it to the whitelist"

/end

So normally, you'd download your chosen application, add it's signature to the whitelist, then patch it, and finally install that PATCHED version.

My problem (and what sounds like an identical issue to you) is even having done that, I was getting the "This app is not configured for purchases..." etc message.

What I found worked for me was to install the UNPATCHED version of the application and re-add / update it's signature in the whitelist a few times (for good luck) and that fixed my issue and purchases were available again and worked correctly.

I can only speculate as to what is happening as I don't have any real solid understanding of the software engineering going on here, but I just suggested you try it as a possible fix.

So, it's download, add unpatched app to whitelist, install UNPATCHED app and test, rather than the usual download, add unpatched app to whitelist, install PATCHED app and test.

My own issue might be a number of other things that are "fixed" by the above, and it could be actually nothing to do with that at all... I just know for me, for this one app with the problem, it works,

Hope that helps.

Regards

James
    ahhhlain likes this.
    06-07-16 01:05 AM
    the links don't work for me? They take me to a blank page. Has anyone else had this problem?
    06-08-16 03:35 PM
    the links don't work for me? They take me to a blank page. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Just download the three files to your computer and copy them to your device if you can't figure out your mobile browser.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Talia H likes this.
    06-08-16 03:41 PM
    i am trying to get google play store in bb z3. I dont have 2 step verification of my google account. Hence no need of app passwords. But i I can't login with Google Account Manager.
    06-08-16 11:41 PM
    Hi,
    The link to download the files doesn't work anymore.
    Can you post another one please?
    Thanks
    Sofia

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 05:04 PM
    Hi,
    The link to download the files doesn't work anymore.
    Can you post another one please?
    Thanks
    Sofia

Posted via CB10
    They work fine. If you are having trouble figuring it out with your mobile browser, use your PC and transfer the files over to your phone.
    06-09-16 07:32 PM
    Having trouble also

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:01 PM
    So, before I get killed and crucified, I did have everything working for my Z10. But I just got a BB Classic recently, and there was a new update to the Play Store and Google Play Services. Would I have to patch the new Google Play Services in order for it to work?

Sorry if I sound stupid, like I said, I have it working on my Z10. But I guess I need to update and don't want to **** it up.
    06-09-16 11:12 PM
    Hello Cobalt, thanks for this post.
    However, my device, a blackberry Q10, keeps closing the playstore after displaying a msg: "unfortunately, playstore has stopped working"
    06-09-16 11:27 PM
    So, before I get killed and crucified, I did have everything working for my Z10. But I just got a BB Classic recently, and there was a new update to the Play Store and Google Play Services. Would I have to patch the new Google Play Services in order for it to work?

Sorry if I sound stupid, like I said, I have it working on my Z10. But I guess I need to update and don't want to **** it up.
    Only install Cobalt's Play Store and Services. Those don't need patching. Reread the first post of his threads.
    06-10-16 02:32 AM
    Yeah, but there is a new Play Services Update. So that was my concern.
    06-10-16 06:23 PM
    Yeah, but there is a new Play Services Update. So that was my concern.
    You can't patch it the normal way. Cobalt needs to add extra sauce.

He also said it's getting harder and harder to do, so the end might be near.
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-10-16 06:37 PM
    Damn, and I just recently got a Classic too. Bad Luck.
    06-11-16 04:25 AM
    I'm using Instagram from play store the latest version, now the feed isn't updating it's also loading. It was working fine from day one, any suggestions? I've already deleted and reinstalled.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 05:12 AM
    No one can help me?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 07:02 AM
    No one can help me?

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure ur using the latest version?

CB10|Z10-3|10.3.2.2876 [Offial SeedMella]
    06-12-16 07:20 AM
6,728 ... 213214215216217 ...