I still keep getting the same error, even after opening third party accounts in BB settings. Please help?
    05-25-16 04:41 PM
    OK, Android keyboard is having some issue. I am trying to get Google Keyboard working on my Q10, but then when I enable Google Keyboard, it shows on-screen keyboard instead of using my physical keyboard, and I have no workaround of it.

Android Whatsapp two glitches found: 1. Picture can't send; 2. one time when switching from WiFi to mobile network, Whatsapp could only receive message, message send would be pending until I disable mobile radio and enable again.
    05-25-16 08:00 PM
    OK, Android keyboard is having some issue. I am trying to get Google Keyboard working on my Q10, but then when I enable Google Keyboard, it shows on-screen keyboard instead of using my physical keyboard, and I have no workaround of it.

Android Whatsapp two glitches found: 1. Picture can't send; 2. one time when switching from WiFi to mobile network, Whatsapp could only receive message, message send would be pending until I disable mobile radio and enable again.
    05-25-16 11:17 PM

With regards to whatsapp have APK version 2.12.510 working perfectly on my Z10 can send and audio, video, whatsapp calls..all features. You can search Google for apk link just put : apk whatsapp version 2.12.510 Regards
    05-25-16 11:23 PM
    Hi, sorry I'm new to BB and it doesn't work for me to install Play Store. I'm on the latest BB OS. It's also a bit confusing what files in the cloud I should download. Can someone help please?
    First error I get is that it's not possible to register my device with Google.
    Thanks!
    05-26-16 02:02 AM
    Hi, sorry I'm new to BB and it doesn't work for me to install Play Store. I'm on the latest BB OS. It's also a bit confusing what files in the cloud I should download. Can someone help please?
    First error I get is that it's not possible to register my device with Google.
    Thanks!
    Hi, I actually found it much easier to use the instructions and links from Cobalt's personal webpage to do this. It's very easy, just read all instructions and click on each of the three links in the order posted, installing them and logging in one at a time. It's not hard at all.

http://cobalt232.github.io/playstore/
    dotstar likes this.
    05-26-16 04:21 AM
    Hi, I actually found it much easier to use the instructions and links from Cobalt's personal webpage to do this. It's very easy, just read all instructions and click on each of the three links in the order posted, installing them and logging in one at a time. It's not hard at all.

PlayStore 10 by cobalt
    Thanks, I'll try again this evening :-) Did you have any problems with (Google) registering your device?
    05-26-16 04:52 AM
    Hi. I cant find the apk for google account manager on your files. Was I deleted? Im trying to follow all your instructions. Thanks a lot.
    05-26-16 07:35 AM
    I downloaded all files three files but it says "unable to open file" whenever I tap on the file. What do I need to do?
    05-26-16 07:54 AM
    Thanks, I'll try again this evening :-) Did you have any problems with (Google) registering your device?
    Not one problem registering my device or signing into my Google account. I am however having a current issue of play store not accepting my password when I go to buy an app, but that is not this issue. Just install each of the three apps one at a time, open them and do what it is asking and you will be fine.
    05-26-16 08:04 AM
    I downloaded all files three files but it says "unable to open file" whenever I tap on the file. What do I need to do?
    go into your download manager and change the file extension of each file that you downloaded to .apk

I use a third party file manager because they have an easier UI and they will actually show you the app apk along with the file you downloaded.
    05-26-16 08:06 AM
    whatever i do when i try to enter google password i get an error the server bla bla try again later.even after format my blackberry on the step 1 again the same error message.i can't even complete step 1.AND YES even if i update the android runtime i have the same problem
    "there was a problem communicating with google servers.try again later"
    Last edited by BlueScorpion; 05-26-16 at 10:35 PM.
    05-26-16 03:36 PM
    thread died.ofc
    05-27-16 02:19 PM
    I'm having the same problem...no matter what i do, can't communicate with Google servers Is this a recent issue?
    05-29-16 05:43 AM
    I'm having the same problem...no matter what i do, can't communicate with Google servers Is this a recent issue?
    Been doing that for me for a couple days.
    05-29-16 07:19 PM
    Not one problem registering my device or signing into my Google account. I am however having a current issue of play store not accepting my password when I go to buy an app, but that is not this issue. Just install each of the three apps one at a time, open them and do what it is asking and you will be fine.
    Hi again Dollface,

I don't want us to give up trying to solve this... ;-)

I can't remember if we checked this before, but are you bang up to date with your OS and runtime? I was re-reading some other posts, and it made me wonder if you were still inadvertently using the buggy 10.3.2.2836 runtime without knowing it?

Updated Android Runtime for BlackBerry10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12264337 #post12264337

Might be worth updating that? Reading http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post12443140 shows someone else with a similar Google connection issue.

If you do find you need to update the runtime, I'd then look at taking off all Colbolt's Playstore bits, so you get to a state of "all up to date blackberry OS-wise", checking that all the apps have been removed successfully (you can use Colbolt's "mobile network" application to check that; http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/ first post, if you don't have that already).

Once you've got everything off, and the OS and Runtime are all up to date, THEN I'd try working through the adding Playstore instructions again, from start to finish. I wonder if something didn't get un-installed cleanly from before.

I would also consider creating a new Google account just for the purposes of testing this, to see if it's your original Google account giving the issue; create a second new account using the bare minimum of info., link it to a payment method etc., then try and buy something as before, once you've got everything in-place, and this second account as the Google account on the device.

I also wanted to check you'd got the white-list installed too...? I'm just a layman, but the pre-configured entries Colbolt included in the white-list may well be what's "missing" in your set-up and that which is preventing your password "getting through"; you know it's right, but I don't think it's actually being verified on Google's side, if that makes sense. That would also tie-in with your lack of update prompts if I'm right; even if the update checker runs (layman's terms again) if it can't compare what you have against your user name / account to what are the latest versions of apps., it won't report any updates.

Let us know how you're doing.

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 05-30-16 at 02:06 PM. Reason: added post number to link
    05-30-16 02:04 PM
    A big thank you for your google play store!! you have saved me a lot of time and headache!

I have also donated to your work! Keep up the good work!
    05-30-16 07:28 PM
    Play store works on 10.3.3 dev OS!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 05:27 AM
    Play store works on 10.3.3 dev OS!

Posted via CB10
    Tested?

CB10|Z10-3|10.3.2.2876 [Offial SeedMella]
    05-31-16 08:21 AM
    Tested?

Yeah, running fine!

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 09:08 AM
    Hey um, I installed the Google Play store with this tutorial in the past and it worked great. My phone died and now I got a new one. This time however, when I try the google login apk (version 4.4.4), it says "There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later.".

I've tried via wifi and my data bundle, neither work. I hope this is temporary outage at Google, but then again they mostly have their servers online 24/7. Can anybody check if you get the same?

Edit: I have tried logging in via the form and via the browser, still the same error.

To be precise:
    BlackBerrry Classic
    Model number SQC100-1
    Software release 10.3.2.2836

It worked on my old BlackBerry Classic. The only difference is that I used the Google Account Manager 4.4.4 version instead of the 4.3.3. I tried the 4.3.3 after I got this error, but it says "a newer version of this app has been installed" and I can't seem to uninstall 4.4.4.
    05-31-16 02:38 PM
    Hey um, I installed the Google Play store with this tutorial in the past and it worked great. My phone died and now I got a new one. This time however, when I try the google login apk (version 4.4.4), it says "There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later.".

I've tried via wifi and my data bundle, neither work. I hope this is temporary outage at Google, but then again they mostly have their servers online 24/7. Can anybody check if you get the same?

Edit: I have tried logging in via the form and via the browser, still the same error.

To be precise:
    BlackBerrry Classic
    Model number SQC100-1
    Software release 10.3.2.2836

It worked on my old BlackBerry Classic. The only difference is that I used the Google Account Manager 4.4.4 version instead of the 4.3.3. I tried the 4.3.3 after I got this error, but it says "a newer version of this app has been installed" and I can't seem to uninstall 4.4.4.
    This will solve your uninstall issue: http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now
    05-31-16 02:55 PM
    I've tried that too... it as to do with servers coms
    05-31-16 08:09 PM
    Yeah, running fine!

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Thanks for the feedback...

06-01-16 03:07 AM
    Can any of you simply launch the login application and successfully register a google account on a bb10 device? It still doesn't work for me, I think it isn't a server problem.
    06-01-16 06:43 AM
6,728 ... 211212213214215 ...