Since installing the Google Play Store and related services to make it work, my battery life has been horrible. I mean 25% in 4 hours of sitting unused horrible.

Is this to do with what I did to make the Play Store work?

Thanks.
    It should have nothing to do with Cobalt's stack.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-13-16 02:13 PM
    Good evening
    I am on OS version 10.3.2.858 (Z30 - Verizon)
    I loaded Google account as directed and logged in - no problems
    I loaded Google login 4.3.3 and ran Google ID and get an error that the Account Manager refused token request
    I rebooted the phone in hopes of a different outcome but no dice

Any ideas
    05-13-16 11:25 PM
    Since installing the Google Play Store and related services to make it work, my battery life has been horrible. I mean 25% in 4 hours of sitting unused horrible.

Is this to do with what I did to make the Play Store work?

Thanks.
    Instead of jumping to unfounded conclusions did it occur to you to go into Device Monitor and see what apps are using up the power? I found a few apps that chewed up battery life and after deleting those my battery life return to normal.
    anon(9742832) and gfondeur like this.
    05-14-16 05:12 AM
    the links always are broken

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 11:31 AM
    the links always are broken

Posted via CB10
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the link to Cobalt's download page. I just tried downloading a couple of files for fun. No issue.
    anon(9742832) and gfondeur like this.
    05-14-16 11:38 AM
    I removed google play store and decided to install it again.
    But, now when I try to add a google account I get "There was a problem communicating Google servers. Try again later".
    As is written in FAQ I do "Turn OFF 2-Step Verification" -- it is turned off already and then I try " create an app specific password and use that password to login." I use a link and arrive at the page which says "The setting you are looking for is not available for your account.
    Show all account settings". What should I do now? Where should I go?

I have found a link addressing this issue: https://productforums.google.com/for...il/LzxuURgYTiE

I opened on my bb10 https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha.
    And tried to login again, but same message. So, is this something that will be fixed or something that should better be added to FAQ as well?

Moreover I have a feeling that google account app does not even try to connect to google server because there is literally no lag between the moment I hit "OK" and message about it not able to connect the Google servers. So to me it looks like a bug or something app related not google servers.
    Last edited by Tasty Minerals; 05-14-16 at 03:54 PM.
    05-14-16 03:24 PM
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the link to Cobalt's download page. I just tried downloading a couple of files for fun. No issue.
    It is true, if I try to download from my bb leap only some junk is downloaded and I cannot run it, so I downloaded with my PC, connected BB and moved the apks to BB.
    05-14-16 03:46 PM
    It is true, if I try to download from my bb leap only some junk is downloaded and I cannot run it, so I downloaded with my PC, connected BB and moved the apks to BB.
    It wasn't "junk". All you had to do is rename it and put .apk at the end.
    05-14-16 04:09 PM
    It wasn't "junk". All you had to do is rename it and put .apk at the end.
    Jesus, so why is this not written in tutorial?
    05-14-16 04:19 PM
    Hey, stuck @ the first step. I get "unable to open the file" when trying to run com.google.android.gsf.login.4.3.3.

BB - Z10 - 10.3.2.2474

I have allowed installing apps from other sources

Any ideas?
    The download didn't complete, re-download the file again and install.

CB10|Z10-3|10.3.2.2876 [Offial SeedMella]
    05-14-16 05:29 PM
    Mine didn't work at first but my phone had an issue and I had to reload the OS, after that I tried it again and it all worked... play store runs just fine. Might be a solution for some to try...

CB10|Z10-3|10.3.2.2876 [Offial SeedMella]
    05-14-16 05:33 PM
    Jesus, so why is this not written in tutorial?
    If you had kept up with the posts you would have known this.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-14-16 05:44 PM
    FWIW All is well. I needed to reboot the phone in between Step 1 and 2. Then all smooth as silk.

Thanks
    05-14-16 08:22 PM
    I had an app that couldn't delete so I installed the updated Android runtime from BlackBerry world and tried to reinstall the latest versions of Google Account, Google ID and Playstore.

However I get an "unable to install" message with Google ID. I can see my gmail account in third party accounts

How can I proceed to install Google ID?
    05-14-16 11:43 PM
    I had an app that couldn't delete so I installed the updated Android runtime from BlackBerry world and tried to reinstall the latest versions of Google Account, Google ID and Playstore.

However I get an "unable to install" message with Google ID. I can see my gmail account in third party accounts

How can I proceed to install Google ID?
    Now that you have the updated Android Runtime, you must still delete the old apps. Use Ghost Commander from BBW.
    05-14-16 11:52 PM
    Good afternoon all,

Has anyone had an issue completing in-app purchases with the new version of "Bowling King" (1.30.3, released on Google Play 16th March 2016)?

I have had Colbolt's excellent Playstore and related Google apps installed for some time, and I had the previous version of Bowling King installed, 1.11.6, 25th November 2015, and had no issues making purchases within that.

Having uninstalled this version and installed the updated version (patched as usual with PS Patcher 1.4,), and with it's signature added to Google White list, I'm getting the standard "This version of the application is not configured for billing through Google Play. Check the help center for more information"

I checked Colbolt's fileshare and found two later versions of the apps and installed those, taking com.google.android.gsf.login from 4.3.3 to 4.4.4 and com.google.android.play.games to 3.6.27, but still no dice.

I've done reboots and signed in with Blackberry Google ID to refresh that, completed a sign-in in the Google Accounts app, and uninstalled the new Bowling King, and reinstalled the patched version again, ensuring that it's linked to my Google Account. I've also updated the Bowling King signature in the white-list a few times, using the new unpatched apk as the source.

What might be the clincher here is that I've uninstalled the new version, and re-installed the older 1.11.6 version, and that DOES let me complete purchases still, so that would make me think that my "Colbolt's apps set-up" is OK, including the two apps I most recently updated for it too.

I did do some research, and this error points to a difference in the app signatures, and from my point of view I originally thought it would be a case of just updating the White List, which I'd originally overlooked... but that hasn't fixed it for me...

Anyone else tried to make a purchase with the new version and run into this?

Having tried all these different trouble-shooting things, and finding rolling back the app seems to make the issue go away, it's making me think that there's something in the new 1.30.3 version of Bowling King that's causing the issue. That, or I'm likely missing something really obvious... which wouldn't be the first time I've done that...;-)

Setup:

Blackberry Z10
    OS 10.3.2.2836

cobalt.blackberry.googleid-2.8
    cobalt.googleplus.whitelist-1.0.0.4
    com.android.vending-6.0.0-cobalt-build1
    com.google.android.gms-8.4.89-cobalt-build5
    com.google.android.gsf.login-4.4.4-cobalt
    com.google.android.play.games-3.6.27-cobalt

Above working fine for in-app purchases with Bowling King 1.11.6.

Little help?!

Regards

James
    Last edited by JamesW_UK; 05-15-16 at 08:32 AM.
    05-15-16 08:21 AM
    I am trying to login to my Google Account. However, I only get a "There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later." message. Yes, I am still running the first app :/
    How can I solve that? I have no network problem for sure
    05-15-16 12:36 PM
    Good evening, I just want to ask why can not download the apk link PlayStore, Id, whereas previously a Google account such links can be downloaded, please its support
    05-15-16 01:29 PM
    Good evening, I just want to ask why can not download the apk link PlayStore, Id, whereas previously a Google account such links can be downloaded, please its support
    Because you didn't read down enough in the first post. Here the link: https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-15-16 01:46 PM
    I downloaded Facebook from the play store buh when I open it and input my login details it just loads and shows the same fileds where u write ur email&password. What's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 04:17 PM
    I downloaded Facebook from the play store buh when I open it and input my login details it just loads and shows the same fileds where u write ur email&password. What's wrong?

Posted via CB10
    You have to go way back for a version that works:

Facebook 29.0.0.23.13:

http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/44263/

Messenger 25.0.0.17.14:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/faceboo...-apk-download/
    05-15-16 04:27 PM
    Thanks conite buh I still get same result

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 05:11 PM
    Thanks conite buh I still get same result

Posted via CB10
    Well, these versions are known to work just fine. I've used them myself in the past. Not sure what you're doing wrong. Try rebooting your device.
    05-15-16 05:29 PM
    Now it doesn't install I get a pop up saying "you have a newer version of this app, I've deleted all the Facebook apps I have with the apk's buh that pop up still comes up

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 06:13 PM
    Now it doesn't install I get a pop up saying "you have a newer version of this app, I've deleted all the Facebook apps I have with the apk's buh that pop up still comes up

Posted via CB10
    You must be on OS2876 (sw2836). You need to update your Android Runtime, and then use an app like Ghost Commander from BBW to properly delete the previous installation.

http://www.crackberry.com/if-youve-b...update-try-now
    05-15-16 06:24 PM
6,728 ... 205206207208209 ...