So Thank you very much Cobalt and community this is awesome! Quick question: I am trying to figure out how to patch the apps. I have read the first page of your top posts multiple times. One of your directions is install the patched app... Where do I get the patched app? I tried to run your Gmap patcher on my device and I cannot open it... any advice?

Thanks!
    Last edited by drudgep; 04-30-16 at 08:51 PM.
    04-30-16 08:17 PM
    So Thank you very much Cobalt and community this is awesome! Quick question: I am trying to figure out how to patch the apps. I have read the first page of your top posts multiple times. One of your directions is install the patched app... Where do I get the patched app? I tried to run your Gmap patcher on my device and I cannot open it... any advice?

Thanks!
    You have to run Play Services Patcher on your PC - not your device.
    04-30-16 09:49 PM
    Got it. I just ran the patcher for Chromecast- it still gives me the same error- it is also on the whitelist. I have tried Youtube- which is also on my whitelist app and didn't patch it - as it says it is already patched- and that requires google play services as well.

Hangouts as well asked me for the google play services.

Thanks in advance for the replies- I am soo close- this is good for me not being very technologically inclined
    04-30-16 10:15 PM
    OK want to update my last post- I was able to get apps working! Only issue I am having is with hangouts making an outbound call- Once it said registration error- the rest it makes the call fine- but I cannot talk and I cannot hear the other person. The texting works well though.

Thanks!
    04-30-16 10:55 PM
    Sir,

I have an interesting issue. If I install ADT's app from Snap it runs fine. If I install it from your set up it asks for Google play services and stops? Any thoughts? PS this is the only app that does this?

My worry is SNAP is going away...

Cobalt....fixed.....ADT was from SNAP once I deleted it did a hard restart and then turned the computer on and off it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 05-01-16 at 04:24 PM.
    05-01-16 02:17 PM
    Hai i succesfully register my email on step one, and my email registered in third-party account
    but i have no luck in step 2, which is in Google ID device Registration,
    it kept telling me :
    Check-in Failed:
    [Account Manager Refused Token Request]

is there any solution for this?
    05-02-16 04:40 AM
    I landed here because Snap doesnt work on my Q5 anymore.. I gave up on Snap.

I read the 1st page from top to bottom but I downloaded APK files and not BAR files, so I cant sideload them through PB Manager or Sachesi.

I did try and convert them to Bar format but when I tap on the App once Sideloaded, I only see a green bar that fills up and then the screen disappears and nothing happens.

So that means I cant even install the first App in Step #1 lol

Swell...

(I have 10.3.2 and lost about 2 hours trying to figure this out)
    05-02-16 10:03 PM
    I landed here because Snap doesnt work on my Q5 anymore.. I gave up on Snap.

I read the 1st page from top to bottom but I downloaded APK files and not BAR files, so I cant sideload them through PB Manager or Sachesi.

I did try and convert them to Bar format but when I tap on the App once Sideloaded, I only see a green bar that fills up and then the screen disappears and nothing happens.

So that means I cant even install the first App in Step #1 lol

Swell...

(I have 10.3.2 and lost about 2 hours trying to figure this out)
    No need to convert apk to bar anymore. Just download and install the apk directly on your device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-16 10:22 PM
    Thanks man. I downloaded the files first on the phone and couldnt open them, then I tried on my PC. But now that I think about it, I think I downloaded the files on the media card.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 10:32 PM
    "Unable to Open" That's what I get.

And I saved the APK on Device/Downloads.

What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 10:38 PM
    "Unable to Open" That's what I get.

And I saved the APK on Device/Downloads.

What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    Did you enable the*Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed*under Settings, App Manager?

And then see the following link if by chance you're on 10.3.2.2876.
    http://m.crackberry.com/if-youve-bee...update-try-now

05-02-16 10:57 PM
    Did you enable the*Allow Apps from Other Sources to be Installed*under Settings, App Manager?

And then see the following link if by chance you're on 10.3.2.2876.
    If you've been unable to download the Android Runtime update, try now! | CrackBerry.com

Thanks again.

Yes, I Allowed Apps from other Sources previously.

And Yes, I updated the RunTime previously as well.

If I download the Apk files from my phone I cant open the files because of that error but If I copy/paste the Apk files from my Pc to my phone I see that the files are different (I now see APK on the icon) but now it hangs on "Processing" for more than 5 mins now..
    05-02-16 11:21 PM
    I Rebooted the phone (Again) and now instead of "Processing" it said "Initializing" and Voila!!! I was able to install the Google Account.

Hold the phone.....

"There was a problem communicating with Google Servers" lol My patience has run out.. see ya guys.

FINAL EDIT lol

Wow, it FINALLY worked.

I was using 4.4 on the Google Account part (first step). Then I tried 4.3 and it worked.

Phew.. im going to sleep now lol My head is gonna explode. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Z3roCinco; 05-03-16 at 12:16 AM.
    05-02-16 11:53 PM
    Thanks man. I downloaded the files first on the phone and couldnt open them, then I tried on my PC. But now that I think about it, I think I downloaded the files on the media card.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't matter where the files are stored on your phone. All my patched apps and some un-patched are on my media card before installing.
    05-03-16 04:14 AM
    I've no idea where to start installing Google play. The file box on the first page doesn't work!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 11:52 AM
    I've no idea where to start installing Google play. The file box on the first page doesn't work!

Posted via CB10
    https://www.mycloud.ch/s/#S861C2793C...6898FDFF816FF8
    works just fine..What do you mean "where to start installing Google Play"? Have you even read the first posts of Cobalt's threads? There is more than one.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-03-16 12:58 PM
    works just fine..What do you mean "where to start installing Google Play"? Have you even read the first posts of Cobalt's threads? There is more than one.
    This is what I get when I click on that link "this link is no longer active. Sharing cancelled of file deleted"

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20160503_172525.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 04:26 PM
    There file names in the box from this thread don't make it clear as to what I'm downloading. And yes the original file box at the start of this thread is broken.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 04:52 PM
    Cobalt....

First, thanks for the great info. I've recently decided to defect back to Blackberry and I had to hop on the Passport (can't do sliders). I will admit that I love the BB10 OS from what I've seen thus far, but I have become rather dependent on Android based apps. Thus my believing that you are indeed a Godsend.

I will admit that I am having an issue regarding the full functionality of my apps... I'm getting the request to add Play Services. I know that you allude to my needing to patch the apps (being lazy, I know). I earnestly believe that if I can download the apk for it, I will be fine. My issue is that I always get an error that the system can't resolve the host name whenever I try to get it using the link that accesses your cloud files? I don't want to go thru patching each and everyone of the apps that may need to, because frankly...I'm looking at anywhere from 30-50 apps. My question is, is there anyway to develop a "one shot, one kill" solution to this?
    05-03-16 06:13 PM
    Cobalt....

First, thanks for the great info. I've recently decided to defect back to Blackberry and I had to hop on the Passport (can't do sliders). I will admit that I love the BB10 OS from what I've seen thus far, but I have become rather dependent on Android based apps. Thus my believing that you are indeed a Godsend.

I will admit that I am having an issue regarding the full functionality of my apps... I'm getting the request to add Play Services. I know that you allude to my needing to patch the apps (being lazy, I know). I earnestly believe that if I can download the apk for it, I will be fine. My issue is that I always get an error that the system can't resolve the host name whenever I try to get it using the link that accesses your cloud files? I don't want to go thru patching each and everyone of the apps that may need to, because frankly...I'm looking at anywhere from 30-50 apps. My question is, is there anyway to develop a "one shot, one kill" solution to this?
    "one shot, one kill".....First Page....
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-03-16 06:27 PM
    @ RoseBud68,

As you are listed as a CrackBerry Genius and I admit that I am a psuedo-Neophyte, coming back to BB after a 4-year hiatus, I will graciously ask that you point out that with which you're referencing. I acknowledged Cobalt's patching solution and clearly stated that while, beneficial, I don't have the time to patch 30-50 apps that are needed for my working with the passport. Thus the "OS,OK" issue. I reviewed the first page and obviously, I am missing it. Having gone to Cobalt's share site, I attempted several times to download the "com.google.android.gms-8.4.89-cobalt-build5.apk" and I get a message stating that the host name could not be resolved....

what am I missing?
    05-04-16 08:35 AM
    I don't have the time to patch 30-50 apps that are needed for my working with the passport.
    You only need to patch apps that require Google Play Services. Although the number of such apps grow every day, the majority do not use them.
    05-04-16 09:48 AM
    Conite , let me ask you a question. I use a APK permission blocker/remover. This stops data mining. I was going to switch over to Cobalts system since SNAP is getting tired. When I block the data mining with the APK program, if the app has been patched, they come right back on. So the app data mines again, any thoughts?

Thanks
    05-04-16 09:56 AM
    Conite , let me ask you a question. I use a APK permission blocker/remover. This stops data mining. I was going to switch over to Cobalts system since SNAP is getting tired. When I block the data mining with the APK program, if the app has been patched, they come right back on. So the app data mines again, any thoughts?

Thanks
    I see no reason why app permissions would be affected by patching. Strange.
    05-04-16 10:15 AM

Thanks
    What permissions are you blocking?

Why do you install the app if you believe that it isn't trustworthy?

Do you expect the app to work without the permissions it is asking for?
    05-04-16 10:44 AM
6,728 ... 201202203204205 ...