That is what I thought as well. Thanks, Cobalt.
    (Though I never did touch word correction custom dictionary or any of that sort after I started trying to problem-solve this.)
    Since I have you here... When it is so clearly software-related and it doesn't seem to be happening to other people, what else can I try other than repeating security wipe + autoloader? I've tried two different release versions and download fresh every time I try a new cycle (tried 5 times all together).
    (also tried shifting SD and SIM cards as well, and device monitor does not show anything unusual)
    I'd RMA it man

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:52 PM
    Hi, Cobalt

I'm having trouble purchasing an app. Each time I enter my Google password, it says "an error has occurred, please try again"

I had a very old Google Play Store installed along with old BlackBerry Google ID and Google Account, I've updated them to the latest version but I'm still getting that error..

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:54 PM
    Hi, Cobalt

I'm having trouble purchasing an app. Each time I enter my Google password, it says "an error has occurred, please try again"

I had a very old Google Play Store installed along with old BlackBerry Google ID and Google Account, I've updated them to the latest version but I'm still getting that error..

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    What did you configure as payment method?
    11-16-15 02:08 PM
    That is what I thought as well. Thanks, Cobalt.
    (Though I never did touch word correction custom dictionary or any of that sort after I started trying to problem-solve this.)
    Since I have you here... When it is so clearly software-related and it doesn't seem to be happening to other people, what else can I try other than repeating security wipe + autoloader? I've tried two different release versions and download fresh every time I try a new cycle (tried 5 times all together).
    (also tried shifting SD and SIM cards as well, and device monitor does not show anything unusual)
    It's really hard to tell. A security wipe or an os reload should clears all settings, so that should fix the problem. Maybe try to change the keyboard language (let's say from english us to english uk) and verify if problem persists.
    11-16-15 02:11 PM
    What did you configure as payment method?
    I believe it is PayPal

Update: I removed the PayPal account and added my debit card, still no dice
    11-16-15 02:38 PM
    I am well aware of that having been an Android user for the last 5 years. I was stating my preference for BB10 and not seeing any reason for leaving it.
    blackberry 10 still the best for me...
    11-17-15 01:43 AM
    Really weird. Maybe it's a country restriction or even a hardware restriction.
    The mobile app is not compatible with my phone by design. American Airlines disabled Google Play Store's distribution of the mobile app to Z10 (maybe to all BB10 devices?). An AA rep responded thus to my query, "We have had a lot of issues with that specific phone making excessive back end calls when no other phone did. Given that we only had a few people on it, we decided to turn it off. I don�t know if the powers that be will agree to turn it back on or not."
    11-17-15 02:54 PM
    The mobile app is not compatible with my phone by design. American Airlines disabled Google Play Store's distribution of the mobile app to Z10 (maybe to all BB10 devices?). An AA rep responded thus to my query, "We have had a lot of issues with that specific phone making excessive back end calls when no other phone did. Given that we only had a few people on it, we decided to turn it off. I don�t know if the powers that be will agree to turn it back on or not."
    Just no. That's not how it works. App works fine.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by conite; 11-17-15 at 03:46 PM.
    11-17-15 03:33 PM
    Just no. That's not how it works. App works fine.
    The American Airlines app works fine on my Z10. Google Play Store says it is incompatible with my Z10 and does not offer download. The AA rep gave me a reasonable explanation for that.
    rickkel likes this.
    11-17-15 06:41 PM
    Latest google play service patched apk please

Blackberry Z30
    11-17-15 06:57 PM
    I am a big fan and user of Cobalt's google service on my passport. I read and followed the posts (and yes read the first post many times) have 2 questions that I have not been able to find answers to:
    1. Can I delete the apk files in the device/misc/android/download folder after they are installed?
    2. I use google apps like drive, docs, hangouts (patched) and +(patched). I also use LinkedIN, Uber (patched) and Uberconference (patched). I currently have Google Play services installed. Do I need to have Google Play Services installed to run those apps.
    Thanks.
    11-18-15 11:40 AM
    The American Airlines app works fine on my Z10. Google Play Store says it is incompatible with my Z10 and does not offer download. The AA rep gave me a reasonable explanation for that.
    The AA app works fine on my Z30 too. It doesn't even need to be patched, but if you do, the irritating "Google Play Services" warning is eliminated. But even that you can tap through.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 02:37 PM
    Latest google play service patched apk please

Blackberry Z30
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    11-18-15 03:07 PM
    I am a big fan and user of Cobalt's google service on my passport. I read and followed the posts (and yes read the first post many times) have 2 questions that I have not been able to find answers to:
    1. Can I delete the apk files in the device/misc/android/download folder after they are installed?
    2. I use google apps like drive, docs, hangouts (patched) and +(patched). I also use LinkedIN, Uber (patched) and Uberconference (patched). I currently have Google Play services installed. Do I need to have Google Play Services installed to run those apps.
    Thanks.
    Yes you can delete the APK files in your download folder. I save mine on my laptop just in case.
    If you read the first post you would know that you do need GPS.
    11-18-15 03:10 PM
    Hello,

Question:

Just download the latest APK Google play store and install on top of the old one ??

Regards

Z10STL-3/10.3.2.2639/CB10
    11-18-15 08:25 PM
    Hello,

Question:

Just download the latest APK Google play store and install on top of the old one ??

Regards

Delete the old one first. Then install the new one.

Always do that.
    NRB likes this.
    11-19-15 04:31 AM
    Getting an error message when I use your PayPal link to try to buy you a coffee.

JB

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 04:06 PM
    Delete the old one first. Then install the new one.

Always do that.
    thanks mate

11-19-15 08:36 PM
    My snapchat was working fine but when i installed play store i had to delete my Google play services .is there anyway i can install them?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 05:16 AM
    Is there anyways to change the permissions of both the play store and the apps we download and install from it??
    I am almost pretty sure somebody would have asked and answered it. But its around 80+ pages and I cant afford to read it. So please...somebody help me with the answer.
    Only reason I always stay away from android apps and play store is because of its permissions. Is there any change in the latest version ?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-20-15 05:23 AM
    Is there anyways to change the permissions of both the play store and the apps we download and install from it??
    I am almost pretty sure somebody would have asked and answered it. But its around 80+ pages and I cant afford to read it. So please...somebody help me with the answer.
    Only reason I always stay away from android apps and play store is because of its permissions. Is there any change in the latest version ?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    You could make the case that you're more safe running android apps on your BlackBerry than on an android phone. No matter what permissions are asked for some things the apps just can't access in the android runtime that BlackBerry 10 runs. There are ways to tweak some permissions, and there is a chance you can really disable the function of the apps by doing so. Ultimately if you're not comfortable running the apps "as is" it might be best for you to not run them at all.
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20151120_065253.png
    11-20-15 06:01 AM
    Hello and thank you Cobalt!! I asked this question in another forum and wanted to float it by the broader audience.
    Do you recommend:
    1) Deleting the apps that were installed/sideloaded using the old DDPB method and reinstall the Apps using Cobalt's method (Google Play)?
    2) Using native (blackberry world) apps, when available/functional (ie pandora/Amazon shopping), instead of the Android version of the app?
    3) Are we still required to patch the apps using the method Cobalt outlined in his thread on 10/14/2014?

Thanks, JD
    Last edited by Torch14; 11-20-15 at 07:05 PM.
    11-20-15 06:50 PM
    Hello and thank you Cobalt!! I asked this question in another forum and wanted to float it by the broader audience.
    Do you recommend:
    1) Deleting the apps that were installed/sideloaded using the old DDPB method and reinstall the Apps using Cobalt's method (Google Play)?
    2) Using native (blackberry world) apps, when available/functional (ie pandora/Amazon shopping), instead of the Android version of the app?
    3) Are we still required to patch the apps using the method Cobalt outlined in his thread on 10/14/2014?

Thanks, JD
    Here the answers:

1. There is no specific recommendation for this. I only install apps from Play Store and I don't install any apps from any other store. This prevents signature mismatches. But there may be reasons, why you want to keep apps from other stores. If that is the case, you should only update that app from the store where you initially downloaded the app.

2. Native apps may run smoother, but there are a lot of apps on bbw that are converted Android apps. Use what works best for you.

3. Apps that request Google Play Services must always be patched so that they can work together with my patched Google Play Services.
    11-21-15 02:54 AM
    Hi Cobalt,
    First of all, thank you very much for the wonderful efforts in getting Google Play to work in BlackBerry10. I recently installed the files as mentioned in your first post here, however I'm unable to find the apk for Google Play Services. The link posted in the first post http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...balt.apkpoints to Google Settings apk and not to Play Services. Would you be able to check it out and provide the right URL?
    Thanks much!!!
    11-21-15 12:57 PM
    That is the correct link and the correct app. Google Play Services is labeled "Google Settings" if installed.
    11-21-15 02:38 PM
6,728 ... 176177178179180 ...