If all apps are from Play Store, updating will be simple with no issues at all.
    11-11-15 12:27 PM
    @ Cobalt! Thanks a lot for the help and clarification... you're a very stable terminal here!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:13 PM
    Hello,
    Sure this question has been made, but since I haven't made any at all hhahahah, will gladly it a try.

What is the correct way to update the play store?
    Do I have to delete the old one and download the new one and install?
    Just download the new one and hit install?

Best regards

Z10STL-3/10.3.2.2639/CB10
    11-11-15 10:25 PM
    Hello,
    Sure this question has been made, but since I haven't made any at all hhahahah, will gladly it a try.

What is the correct way to update the play store?
    Do I have to delete the old one and download the new one and install?
    Just download the new one and hit install?

Best regards

In this case, you can install over the older Play Store.

But sometimes, Cobalt releases a new build based on the same version number of the Play Store, which requires you to uninstall the old one first.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    NRB likes this.
    11-11-15 10:27 PM
    In this case, you can install over the older Play Store.

But sometimes, Cobalt releases a new build based on the same version number of the Play Store, which requires you to uninstall the old one first.

Hey, thanks for the quick response.
    After installing the new one, can I erase the old store APK ?? Keeping the new one of course.

Regards

11-11-15 10:59 PM
    Hey, thanks for the quick response.
    After installing the new one, can I erase the old store APK ?? Keeping the new one of course.

Regards

Yes. Actually you can erase both the old and the new apk's after installation if you really want to. Personally I always keep the old until I'm satisfied the new one's working properly, then delete it.

Posted via CB10
    NRB likes this.
    11-12-15 01:24 AM
    ***Warning***

I am not a technical person, it took my full measure just to install the playstore on my BB. However, of late, Google Drive has been asking me for play services. I know the answer is to patch it, but again, I am not blessed with a technical aptitude. Does someone have a patched drive file with simple step by stop how to install it or is there a simple way to get around this message?
    11-12-15 12:08 PM
    I followed the directions on the first page of this thread and installed all 3 via the links provided. I tapped the Google Play icon but the screen comes up blank and then closes after about 5 seconds. I assume that others have this problem and that it was discussed somewhere in the 100 or so pages of discussion. Can anyone direct me to the answer/fix or reproduce it quickly? I don't think I have the patience to read through 100 pages to find my issue.
    11-12-15 12:15 PM
    Hey cobalt, thank you for all your work.

Just wondering, would there ever come a day where you can do something to the Google play Services so that we don't need to patch the apps that require Gps?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:16 PM
    ***Warning***

I am not a technical person, it took my full measure just to install the playstore on my BB. However, of late, Google Drive has been asking me for play services. I know the answer is to patch it, but again, I am not blessed with a technical aptitude. Does someone have a patched drive file with simple step by stop how to install it or is there a simple way to get around this message?
    Figured it out, had to refresh the GMS file from the patch thread. I think it holds the settings...???
    11-12-15 03:36 PM
    Said just a few scrolls up : delete the old first!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 03:38 PM
    Well I guess there perhaps is a better thread for this question, but it cannot be totally wrong here too:

I have downloaded but never used skype from bbw onto my Classic, now after having installed the gpStore, I launched skype the first time and even I did not update the app via gpStore I get the well know msg 'google play services' required!

I used lucky patcher but nothing helps.

But / and the confusing point is that I do get this msg even I donwloaded the app from bbworld...!

Help, advice... please!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 05:11 PM
    Well I guess there perhaps is a better thread for this question, but it cannot be totally wrong here too:

I have downloaded but never used skype from bbw onto my Classic, now after having installed the gpStore, I launched skype the first time and even I did not update the app via gpStore I get the well know msg 'google play services' required!

I used lucky patcher but nothing helps.

But / and the confusing point is that I do get this msg even I donwloaded the app from bbworld...!

Help, advice... please!

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the fact that you have Google Play Services installed will actually generate the message where it otherwise wouldn't (like with Netflix). There is some code in the app that will allow it to function differently if the services are installed. You must patch to not see them.

I would also suggest you, and everyone else, throw Lucky Patcher into the trash bin. It is far, far less capable than GMaps Patcher on the PC, and should only be used in a pinch if you can't get to a computer.

Last edited by conite; 11-12-15 at 06:09 PM.
    11-12-15 05:52 PM
    Tku for the input and advice!

I went to that thread and having a Mac tried getting that tool for Mac, but the download link is not working anymore, seems stalldated too

Isn't there a way... i guess no... to just get these play services once and always handed?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:04 PM
    Isn't there a way... i guess no... to just get these play services once and always handed?

Posted via CB10
    You need a computer - not a Mac.

You also answered your own question. There is no other method other that setting up Cobalt's Play Services, and then patching the apps.

11-12-15 06:10 PM
    Everything is downloaded and working on my Passport.

Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JDB62; 11-12-15 at 06:43 PM.
    11-12-15 06:27 PM
    You need a computer - not a Mac.

You also answered your own question. There is no other method other that setting up Cobalt's Play Services, and then patching the apps.

Shoot... have an old win xp laptop somewhere in a box, would that work...old java... hm, no wifi... hm... ??

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 06:50 PM
    Cobalt232, would you mind if I can share the link to this topic on a Facebook page?
    Thanks much!
    11-12-15 10:07 PM
    Tku for the input and advice!

I went to that thread and having a Mac tried getting that tool for Mac, but the download link is not working anymore, seems stalldated too

Posted via CB10
    Use virtualbox or vmware to install windows on mac.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 10:54 PM
    Use virtualbox or vmware to install windows on mac.

Posted via CB10
    Right, but you still have to purchase Windows, although you can get a time limited trial version, I think.

Virtualbox may be free--I don't know. If you're going to buy a VM program, I recommend Parallels, and you can get a trial version of that as well. You can always put Boot Camp in, using a trial Windows, and boot into that when you need it, or even use Parallels to male a VM from Boot Camp.

Mac is the best of both worlds, with a bit of work.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 11:16 PM
    Cobalt232, would you mind if I can share the link to this topic on a Facebook page?
    Thanks much!
    Feel free to do that.
    thanhvx likes this.
    11-13-15 01:26 AM
    Right, but you still have to purchase Windows, although you can get a time limited trial version, I think.

Virtualbox may be free--I don't know. If you're going to buy a VM program, I recommend Parallels, and you can get a trial version of that as well. You can always put Boot Camp in, using a trial Windows, and boot into that when you need it, or even use Parallels to male a VM from Boot Camp.

Mac is the best of both worlds, with a bit of work.

Posted via CB10
    You can use a p***ted windows if you can't buy it (not recommended)
    11-13-15 03:47 AM
    Unable to update youtube patched apk

Posted via my lovely Z3
    11-13-15 05:05 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with using Google Play Movies and TV? I patched it to remove the Google Play Services dependence, but it still gives the message that Google Play Services are required.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:34 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with using Google Play Movies and TV? I patched it to remove the Google Play Services dependence, but it still gives the message that Google Play Services are required.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    First off, did you install all of Cobalt's apps (including Whitelist) per instructions? Second, did you patch it with Gmaps Patcher and not with Lucky Patcher? Always use Gmaps Patcher.
    11-13-15 05:51 AM
6,728 ... 174175176177178 ...