So just delete the old one and install the new one?
    Just download Play Store and click update. No need to delete old Play Store
    11-09-15 01:24 PM
    I have 5.0 which I believe the is the last and latest for a Galaxy Note 3

Yes free version works quite good, but still the promo is anoying and of course I want the payed one as it should be possible, or am I wrong...?

Posted via CB10
    You may have downloaded the version for Android 5 on your Galaxy, that's why it won't install on your BB10.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-09-15 01:27 PM
    Just download Play Store and click update. No need to delete old Play Store
    In this particular case, yes. But often it is desirable to clear the cache and/or install a new build based on the same Play Store version - in which cases, deleting the old one first is better. It's just a good habit.

Last edited by conite; 05-11-16 at 07:32 PM.
    11-09-15 01:29 PM
    So this morning I tried to do an update, but when it goes to download it says "waiting for network" and stalls. I let it spin for a long time then gave up.i tried installing a new app and same deal. This has never happened to me before, and I haven't read anything about it in the thread so far.

Attachment 379204

Any ideas? My network connection is fine.

Posted via CB10
    This thing happen to me aswell when I'm using mobile network + wifi network then I have to disconnect wifi and connect again to make it work for any download, even if I want to use badoo, I do the same, could be radio issue? I have the same last OS10 update
    11-09-15 01:34 PM
    You may have downloaded the version for Android 5 on your Galaxy, that's why it won't install on your BB10.

Shoot... so when I would buy again using the GPstore on my BlackBerry it would work out, I guess

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:54 PM
    Maybe it is not compatible with the BlackBerry Android runtime (4.3).
    11-09-15 01:59 PM
    Ok, well is somebody gonna fix that or are we now standing in rain when we try to update an GPstore app?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:49 PM
    Ok, well is somebody gonna fix that or are we now standing in rain when we try to update an GPstore app?

Posted via CB10
    Fix what?

BB10's Android Runtime is stuck at Android v4.3. There are no plans to develop it further.

11-09-15 02:58 PM
    Fix what?

BB10's Android Runtime is stuck at Android v4.3. There are no plans to develop it further.

Well that would have been a fix, I guess update the runtime!
    But if that doesn't happend then how do we know when updating an Android app, that it will still work on BlackBerry?
    There should be something like a warning flag, will not work on 4.3 or how are we gonna know?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:29 PM
    Well that would have been a fix, I guess update the runtime!
    But if that doesn't happend then how do we know when updating an Android app, that it will still work on BlackBerry?
    There should be something like a warning flag, will not work on 4.3 or how are we gonna know?

Posted via CB10
    The Play Store knows what version of Android you run. If you are accessing it from a BB10 device, it limits the available apps to those that work with Android 4.3 and below.

11-09-15 04:03 PM
    Hi to all. Is there a reason, why I see some apps (in the "android menu") listed under the "apps on SD card" label, since I don't have an SD card inserted in my phone? And if I insert the card into the phone, will I really be able to transfer the android apps onto it? Thanks
    11-09-15 04:34 PM
    The Play Store knows what version of Android you run. If you are accessing it from a BB10 device, it limits the available apps to those that work with Android 4.3 and below.

Ok wow so that's good news!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 05:37 PM
    Hi to all. Is there a reason, why I see some apps (in the "android menu") listed under the "apps on SD card" label, since I don't have an SD card inserted in my phone? And if I insert the card into the phone, will I really be able to transfer the android apps onto it? Thanks
    From a technical view, your device always has a SD card. One is built in (non removable) but it still counts as SD.
    11-10-15 12:02 AM
    In this particular case, yes. But often it is desirable to clear the cash and/or install a new build based on the same Play Store version - in which cases, deleting the old one first is better. It's just a good habit.

i never have a crash/error, also i am lazy to delete and reinstall Play Store. just like android, Play Store always update without delete it.
    11-10-15 12:57 AM
    From a technical view, your device always has a SD card. One is built in (non removable) but it still counts as SD.
    O.K. Thank you very much.
    11-10-15 12:59 AM
    Ok wow so that's good news!

Posted via CB10
    I know that for me apps I bought showed as available to download but not 'paid' when I first moved to the Play Store on my Z30. After an hour or so it became unlocked again and I could access them without getting charged twice. If you can search for a app and see it, and in the app description you don't see the words 'this is not compatible with your device', you should be able to download it. It might just take time for the flags marking your account needing to pay for it to clear.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 06:16 AM
    As long as Cobalt continues his gracious work in providing Android app access for BB10 I don't see a reason to switch from my Passport to the Priv. In fact, if Cobalt's apps work on the Classic as well as it does on my Passport the Classic may be my next BlackBerry phone for the one hand use convenience.
    11-10-15 06:26 AM
    As long as Cobalt continues his gracious work in providing Android app access for BB10 I don't see a reason to switch from my Passport to the Priv. In fact, if Cobalt's apps work on the Classic as well as it does on my Passport the Classic may be my next BlackBerry phone for the one hand use convenience.
    BlackBerry Priv no have BBM Video, and use BBM Android, also no have BlackBerry Blend.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 06:37 AM
    Thanks for the solution.
    11-10-15 09:48 AM
    after following the installation procedure my play store shows no connection.

i tap retry and still same thing.

any solution for this?
    11-10-15 03:43 PM
    Very strange behavior on my Passport.

I just upgraded from Page 1 of this thread to the newest version of Play Store, without deleting the old version. On startup, it DL'ed about five or six updates without installing them. I tried to run the new APK files in the Download folder and each one gave the message that it couldn't install on this phone. Never had that happen before.

So I deleted the Play Store, rebooted, reinstalled Play Store. Same thing with the updates--they wouldn't install. I then deleted all the new APK files, and tried to update the same apps from the Play Store. They downloaded but wouldn't install. Hard rebooted again, deleted all the new APKs, tried updating the apps, one by one. Now the apps start downloading and stop halfway, even the very small ones like Ghost Commander, which is 899kb. And on one that did fully DL, it still says unable to install this app.My wifi is working fine, and I didn't do anything at all but upgrade the Play Store.

Should I go back to an old Play Store app if I can find it? Any ideas?

Edit: I just went back to Play Store 5.7.6 from July or so, it installed, gave me only one app to update, DLed the update, and it installed. I have no idea what's going on.
    Last edited by KenV54; 11-10-15 at 05:33 PM. Reason: New information
    11-10-15 05:23 PM
    Question: I have/had 'Leo' the translater app loaded from bbworld on my PP but the GPStore showed an update; so I tried for it but got the msg that the software couldn't be installed, so I gave it a try and tryed to delete it from GPStore, which worked. Later I got the update for skype originaly loaded form bbw and tryed again to update via GPStore, which seemed to work, but got a first error msg about GPServices missing.
    So are there any rules about how one should update app downloaded from bbworld? ...and why do those apps show in the GPStore app?

Thanks a gain for your helps!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 07:05 PM
    Very strange behavior on my Passport.

I just upgraded from Page 1 of this thread to the newest version of Play Store, without deleting the old version. On startup, it DL'ed about five or six updates without installing them. I tried to run the new APK files in the Download folder and each one gave the message that it couldn't install on this phone. Never had that happen before.

So I deleted the Play Store, rebooted, reinstalled Play Store. Same thing with the updates--they wouldn't install. I then deleted all the new APK files, and tried to update the same apps from the Play Store. They downloaded but wouldn't install. Hard rebooted again, deleted all the new APKs, tried updating the apps, one by one. Now the apps start downloading and stop halfway, even the very small ones like Ghost Commander, which is 899kb. And on one that did fully DL, it still says unable to install this app.My wifi is working fine, and I didn't do anything at all but upgrade the Play Store.

Should I go back to an old Play Store app if I can find it? Any ideas?

Edit: I just went back to Play Store 5.7.6 from July or so, it installed, gave me only one app to update, DLed the update, and it installed. I have no idea what's going on.
    This answer goes for this question of KenV54 and the question of nimra:

To understand the problem you must know some basics about Android packages and signatures.

Newer versions of Google Play Store propose updates for all installed apps that are found on the device, regardless from WHERE the apps have initially been downloaded. The catch is, that the updates will always be downloaded, but they can only be installed if the signature of the already installed app matches the signature of the downloaded update package.

Example:
    1. You have downloaded and installed Ghost Commander from Blackberry World. The version is 1.0 and the package signature is "abc"
    2. Play Store detects, that you have installed Ghost Commander and it detects, that there is a newer version on Play Store. So it displays an update in the my apps section. What Play Store can't detect is, that the app has been signed with a different signature, let's say "xyz"
    3. Play Store now downloads the update and wants to install the "xyz" signed file over the "abc" signed file -> that dosn't work. Signature mismatch!

Why does this happen? Some developers use different signatures for the same app on the various stores. An app may carry signature "abc" on Blackberry World", signature "def" on Amazon and "xyz" on Play Store. These apps can not be cross-updated.

The solution is to download the update from Play Store and then to DELETE the installed app that you want to update from your device. Then install the update from the downloads folder.
    My BlackBerry-10 and KenV54 like this.
    11-11-15 01:37 AM
    Fix for this when I launch play store?

All other android apps have no problem accessing network....
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20151111_050342.png

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 04:04 AM
    This answer goes for this question of KenV54 and the question of nimra:

To understand the problem you must know some basics about Android packages and signatures.

Newer versions of Google Play Store propose updates for all installed apps that are found on the device, regardless from WHERE the apps have initially been downloaded. The catch is, that the updates will always be downloaded, but they can only be installed if the signature of the already installed app matches the signature of the downloaded update package.

Example:
    1. You have downloaded and installed Ghost Commander from Blackberry World. The version is 1.0 and the package signature is "abc"
    2. Play Store detects, that you have installed Ghost Commander and it detects, that there is a newer version on Play Store. So it displays an update in the my apps section. What Play Store can't detect is, that the app has been signed with a different signature, let's say "xyz"
    3. Play Store now downloads the update and wants to install the "xyz" signed file over the "abc" signed file -> that dosn't work. Signature mismatch!

Why does this happen? Some developers use different signatures for the same app on the various stores. An app may carry signature "abc" on Blackberry World", signature "def" on Amazon and "xyz" on Play Store. These apps can not be cross-updated.

The solution is to download the update from Play Store and then to DELETE the installed app that you want to update from your device. Then install the update from the downloads folder.
    Thanks very much, Cobalt, for your clear explanation.

One of the annoyances (to me) of the old Play Store has been that each update seemingly has to be downloaded then updated one at a time. It looks as though the new Play Store will download all of them at once and automatically, store the APKs in the download folder, and then not update the apps unless the signature is the same. Once the apps are all the same signature as the Play Store (after deleting the old ones then updating the new ones with the new signatures manually from the APKs), will future updates for these apps then be automatic?
    11-11-15 10:30 AM
6,728 ... 173174175176177 ...