FYI, my Google Play Store keeps opening automatically and downloads the latest Google Play Services by itself. Auto-update is set to off, and this does not happen with any other app - just GPS.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Ok thnx will look into that
    11-05-15 01:46 PM
    What version of Blackberry Google ID are you using?
    Blackberry Google ID 2.5 [Released on October 13, 2015]

It looks like your device was not registered correctly.
    OK. So, I performed the following steps:
    • closed the Play Store app
    • Unregistered Device in Google ID
    • deleted the Google Account from my device
    • re-added the same Google Account
    • Registered Device in Google ID (observed "registration complete" message)
    • Cleared Data in Device Monitor -> Storage -> Play Store
    • opened the Play Store app

My issue persists.
    11-05-15 02:51 PM
    Blackberry Google ID 2.5 [Released on October 13, 2015]

OK. So, I performed the following steps:
    • closed the Play Store app
    • Unregistered Device in Google ID
    • deleted the Google Account from my device
    • re-added the same Google Account
    • Registered Device in Google ID (observed "registration complete" message)
    • Cleared Data in Device Monitor -> Storage -> Play Store
    • opened the Play Store app

My issue persists.
    Can we add one more step.
    Delete all apps reinstall

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:07 PM
    So this morning I tried to do an update, but when it goes to download it says "waiting for network" and stalls. I let it spin for a long time then gave up.i tried installing a new app and same deal. This has never happened to me before, and I haven't read anything about it in the thread so far.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20151106_082424.png

Any ideas? My network connection is fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:26 AM
    It looks like you have turned off mobile data in the android runtime.

Download this app and verify if mobile data is turned ON:
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...etwork-1.0.apk
    11-06-15 07:48 AM
    Playstore 6.0 ?? Any news ?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 07:55 AM
    FYI, my Google Play Store keeps opening automatically and downloads the latest Google Play Services by itself. Auto-update is set to off, and this does not happen with any other app - just GPS.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    I also had that issue lately. It looks like the download is triggered by Google Play services and not by Play store. I implemented a fix in to Play Services and will do some testing.
    11-06-15 07:56 AM
    Haven't seen it yet in the wild.
    11-06-15 07:57 AM
    Thanks for the quick response as always!

Interesting, when I first launched the app it said it was already on. Does the app turn it on a launch? Anyway it did fix the problem so thanks! Not sure how it got shut off though.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20151106_085847.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:02 AM
    Can we add one more step.
    Delete all apps reinstall Posted via CB10
    I would not add your suggested step at this time. I believe the issue arises from attempting to make my Z10 mimic an Android device to Google Play.

I have two Google IDs: one for my Z10 and one for an Android smart phone. On my PC, when I login Google Play as the Z10 device, I observe the same symptoms as on my Z10. However, when I login Google Play as the /Android device, I observe the expected apps.
    11-06-15 08:20 AM
    It looks like you have turned off mobile data in the android runtime.

Download this app and verify if mobile data is turned ON:
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...etwork-1.0.apk
    P.S. This is cool because I'm going to use this to shut off mobile data and my 2 daughters phones lol!!

Thanks Cobalt!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:25 AM
    All those apps show up in my store and can be downloaded..
    About 24 hours later, BB10 GPS showed Uber ver 3.75.5 and I installed it via BB10 GPS. It is as if Google Play took longer to propagate an update to my Z10. However, BB10 GPS continues to show the same status for the American Airlines:and Trenitalia apps, so I obtained them via other means. After I installed them on my Z10, BB10 GPS shows them as "installed."
    11-06-15 08:33 AM
    About 24 hours later, BB10 GPS showed Uber ver 3.75.5 and I installed it via BB10 GPS. It is as if Google Play took longer to propagate an update to my Z10. However, BB10 GPS continues to show the same status for the American Airlines:and Trenitalia apps, so I obtained them via other means. After I installed them on my Z10, BB10 GPS shows them as "installed."
    Really weird. Maybe it's a country restriction or even a hardware restriction.
    11-06-15 09:06 AM
    I would not add your suggested step at this time. I believe the issue arises from attempting to make my Z10 mimic an Android device to Google Play.

I have two Google IDs: one for my Z10 and one for an Android smart phone. On my PC, when I login Google Play as the Z10 device, I observe the same symptoms as on my Z10. However, when I login Google Play as the /Android device, I observe the expected apps.
    ??!?

I don't even begin to understand what you are saying.

In any event what can go wrong by deleting the apps and then re installing?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 02:14 PM
    Really weird. Maybe it's a country restriction or even a hardware restriction.
    It's probably not a country restriction, as both Google IDs are the same country -- USA.
    11-06-15 03:53 PM
    I don't even begin to understand what you are saying.
    In any event what can go wrong by deleting the apps and then re installing?
    In other words: I firmly believe that deleting and then re-installing apps will not resolve this issue. Possibly nothing would go wrong, but I am not willing to take that chance.
    11-06-15 04:06 PM
    Google PlayStore: "Check your connection and try again". Good internet connection, unregistered device, removed Google ID (cleared app cache), added and registered device. No success. Any suggestions?
    11-06-15 04:38 PM
    Google PlayStore: "Check your connection and try again". Good internet connection, unregistered device, removed Google ID (cleared app cache), added and registered device. No success. Any suggestions?
    See post #4307

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:34 AM
    In other words: I firmly believe that deleting and then re-installing apps will not resolve this issue. Possibly nothing would go wrong, but I am not willing to take that chance.
    I firmly believe you are wrong and by deleting and reinstalling everything will start working.

Sorry you make no sense what's so ever! You installed a third party app and you are "scared " to uninstall!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 05:23 PM
    Just an update on the Play Services issue:

The fault is in Play Store and it appears to be an effect of the patch that enables the updates for patched apps. I'll provide a fix asap.
    tryfe likes this.
    11-08-15 05:37 AM
    First up, thanks Cobalt for the files and detailed information on install and files for the Google Playstore. I have been able to install some apps from the Playstore and they work flawlessly. I am happy that I now can get more available than on Amazon. However, I still have some apps from both the Playstore and Amazon, that demand Playstore to be able to run. I have attempted the Lucky Patcher and have not been successful. Specific app is Flight Tracker24 purchased when I had my google devices. I have returned to Blackberry and got the BB Passport in August this year, Love the device. However I had thought there would not be an issue with Android apps based on my research on the device. Perhaps I missed some vital points. I'm not app crazy. There really are only a few I would like to have but certainly not life or death. Most BB apps are fine for me.

Question Anyone, are there just some apps that are not going to be able to be used on Blackberry devices due to Playstore demand or am I missing something, some file, or information that may be able to enlighten me.

Thanks very much in advance
    11-08-15 08:09 AM
    First up, thanks Cobalt for the files and detailed information on install and files for the Google Playstore. I have been able to install some apps from the Playstore and they work flawlessly. I am happy that I now can get more available than on Amazon. However, I still have some apps from both the Playstore and Amazon, that demand Playstore to be able to run. I have attempted the Lucky Patcher and have not been successful. Specific app is Flight Tracker24 purchased when I had my google devices. I have returned to Blackberry and got the BB Passport in August this year, Love the device. However I had thought there would not be an issue with Android apps based on my research on the device. Perhaps I missed some vital points. I'm not app crazy. There really are only a few I would like to have but certainly not life or death. Most BB apps are fine for me.

Question Anyone, are there just some apps that are not going to be able to be used on Blackberry devices due to Playstore demand or am I missing something, some file, or information that may be able to enlighten me.

Thanks very much in advance
    Don't use Lucky Patcher. Use Gmaps Patcher. LP doesn't do as good of a job patching as Gmaps Patcher.
    Keep in mind that some Android apps will just not run on BB10 no matter what you do.
    11-08-15 08:31 AM
    Excellent, I will look for Gmaps Patcher and give it a go. Thanks for the quick response too. Cheers
    11-08-15 10:57 AM
    Excellent, I will look for Gmaps Patcher and give it a go. Thanks for the quick response too. Cheers
    Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10118742
    11-08-15 11:33 AM
    Coming soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-1447009912975.jpg  
    BallRockReaper and spiculated like this.
    11-08-15 01:12 PM
6,728 ... 171172173174175 ...