5.10.30 when will we be able to have it ? It was deployed since last week now ! New UI... we need it!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:51 AM
    5.10.30 when will we be able to have it ? It was deployed since last week now ! New UI... we need it!

Posted via CB10
    do you mean play store? Patch play store is need hundred hour to make it, so be patient... ☺️
    11-01-15 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you really making demands on Cobalt? Just be thankful he does what he does when he does it.
    sam81 likes this.
    11-01-15 07:50 AM
    Play Store 5.10.29 already has the new interface in the code. It just hasn't been activated yet on the Google server side.
    11-01-15 11:08 AM
    Passport, .2789.

I'm also getting the "Check your connection and try again" message when starting the new version of Play. But if I tap the hamburger menu at top left and choose "My apps", it brings me to that screen and shows me three apps that need updates. If I try to update them, they appear to download, and the files appear in the downloads folder, but I get "unable to install this app". The same happens if I just go to the files with File Manager and try to install them that way. So, in addition to whatever the connection problem is on the Play home screen, something is preventing installation of apks.
    Hey ubizmo, did you ever get this problem fixed? I have tried everything I can think of. I wiped my Z30 clean, reinstalled OS 2789, disassociated my Z30 from Google, then followed Cobalt's instructions to the T per the first post. I still get the "Check your connection and try again" message. I am at my wits end with this.

Rick
    VZW Z30
    11-02-15 01:21 PM
    Hey ubizmo, did you ever get this problem fixed? I have tried everything I can think of. I wiped my Z30 clean, reinstalled OS 2789, disassociated my Z30 from Google, then followed Cobalt's instructions to the T per the first post. I still get the "Check your connection and try again" message. I am at my wits end with this.
    Well, I couldn't get the current version of GPS to work, but I luckily kept the older version (5.7.6) as a backup and that one works. I guess I just shouldn't upgrade it from that version -if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    11-02-15 01:35 PM
    I never got the splash screen to work, but it's otherwise functional.
    11-02-15 01:37 PM
    My question is why won't the last file download?
    I finally got it!
    BlackBerry 10 or nothing!
    Last edited by dphjeff; 11-02-15 at 05:34 PM.
    11-02-15 04:34 PM
    Hi Cobalt

I have installed all the 3 files as per your instructions however I am having an issue with the playstore just loading up. It just says check your connection and try again. I am using a Blackberry LEAP. Please assist?

Rgds
    11-03-15 12:06 AM
    Hi Cobalt

I have installed all the 3 files as per your instructions however I am having an issue with the playstore just loading up. It just says check your connection and try again. I am using a Blackberry LEAP. Please assist?

Rgds
    Go to BlackBerry Google ID and make sure Registered on is on.

BlackBerry 10 or nothing!
    11-03-15 05:55 AM
    Cobalt,

Super nice work you have done.
    Works perfect

Thank you very much
    Best rewards

Z10STL-3/10.3.2.2639/CB10
    11-03-15 09:31 AM
    I get the notification to install an update to Google Maps but eventually I get an error message unable to install. I have the latest "three files". What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:21 PM
    I get the notification to install an update to Google Maps but eventually I get an error message unable to install. I have the latest "three files". What should I do?

Posted via CB10
    Uninstall the version of Google Maps you have at the moment and install the updated version.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:47 PM
    Uninstall the version of Google Maps you have at the moment and install the updated version.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that worked. Thanks

Edit: follow up question - how do we know if our Cobalt system has been correctly installed. Not sure about the patches. The three files seems easy enough.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-04-15 at 06:53 AM.
    11-03-15 10:21 PM
    Yes that worked. Thanks

Edit: follow up question - how do we know if our Cobalt system has been correctly installed. Not sure about the patches. The three files seems easy enough.
    Posted via CB10
    In the case of Google Maps, if you open it and it already has you signed in that is a very good start. You know things are working if your device checked in properly in BlackBerry Google ID, and that the store is up and running with you logged in. If you patch an app with the Play Services Patcher and it loads up without the nag window about Play Services you know that you have the installed Cobalt version of Play Services and the app has patched correctly as well. Remember that this just means that the app is running, but you may still have some loss of function depending on the app or actions you're trying to use (such as you won't get any widgets running on BB10).
    11-04-15 11:40 AM
    Hi, awesome work. Works like a charm. I would just like to ask, when (if) you release a new build/patch, will it offer me to update, or will I have to do it manually?
    11-05-15 02:53 AM
    Hi, awesome work. Works like a charm. I would just like to ask, when (if) you release a new build/patch, will it offer me to update, or will I have to do it manually?
    You'll need to do it yourself. If it's the Play Store, you can tap the version number in settings and it will bring you to the download link. For anything else, I would recommend that you delete the old then install the new version from the threads.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-05-15 05:23 AM
    Thank you
    11-05-15 05:59 AM
    thank you this works fine!
    11-05-15 08:55 AM
    When I search for apps using Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10, I observe that some apps are unavailable, not for this device, or a superseded version is shown. Specifically, these apps:
    American Airlines: "This app is incompatible with your device" (current version 4.2 installs and runs on my Z10)
    Trenitalia: not found in BB10 Play Store (current version 3.0.1 installs and runs on my Z10)
    Uber: shows current version is 3.74.2 (latest version 3.75.5 is available)

The issue is not just with Cobalt's Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10. I observe the same result when I shop Google Play Store on my PC's Chrome browser when I login with the same Google ID. However, when I login Google Play Store with another Google ID that specifies a real Android device (i.e., Samsung smart phone), I observe the expected apps and their respective versions.

Comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    Last edited by eywong; 11-05-15 at 10:01 AM.
    11-05-15 09:40 AM
    Great work, thanks!
    However, the Playstore app keeps opening itself from time to time randomly.
    Any idea how to fix that issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bests

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:00 AM
    I just read on a website that the Google play store 6.0 will never be available as an .apk file, it will be only activated by the Google directly from the server. So that mean we will never be able to update playstore from now ?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:33 AM
    When I search for apps using Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10, I observe that some apps are unavailable, not for this device, or a superseded version is shown. Specifically, these apps:
    American Airlines: "This app is incompatible with your device" (current version 4.2 installs and runs on my Z10)
    Trenitalia: not found in BB10 Play Store (current version 3.0.1 installs and runs on my Z10)
    Uber: shows current version is 3.74.2 (latest version 3.75.5 is available)

The issue is not just with Cobalt's Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10. I observe the same result when I shop Google Play Store on my PC's Chrome browser when I login with the same Google ID. However, when I login Google Play Store with another Google ID that specifies a real Android device (i.e., Samsung smart phone), I observe the expected apps and their respective versions.

Comments or suggestions? Thanks.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    All those apps show up in my store and can be downloaded. What version of Blackberry Google ID are you using? It looks like your device was not registered correctly.
    11-05-15 12:51 PM
    Great work, thanks!
    However, the Playstore app keeps opening itself from time to time randomly.
    Any idea how to fix that issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bests

Posted via CB10
    Turn off autoupdate is settings. Read the FAQ in post 1.
    11-05-15 12:54 PM
    Turn off autoupdate is settings. Read the FAQ in post 1.
    FYI, my Google Play Store keeps opening automatically and downloads the latest Google Play Services by itself. Auto-update is set to off, and this does not happen with any other app - just GPS.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 01:21 PM
6,728 ... 170171172173174 ...