You can't update some apps that may have been downloaded from an other store ie Amazon. To fix the problem, uninstall the app that doesn't update and download it from Play Store.
    Thanks for the reply. These were apps I have previously updated, just for some reason today they decided not to update.

Anyway, now I cannot get the reinstalled apps to work. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, using older and newer files. Each time, I end up getting the same error in post 4122 - "Check-in Failed: [UNSPECIFIED ERROR]"

Also, I keep trying to clear my cache and it does not empty. Always has 8.6 mb in data.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    10-09-15 05:38 PM
    Ugh, I can't get this thing to work. I followed the instructions but Google play still won't work. It did work earlier using the old blackberry i.d app on my passport

Rock'n the Passport from Shop Blackberry
    10-09-15 05:53 PM
    Thanks for the reply. These were apps I have previously updated, just for some reason today they decided not to update.

Anyway, now I cannot get the reinstalled apps to work. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times, using older and newer files. Each time, I end up getting the same error in post 4122 - "Check-in Failed: [UNSPECIFIED ERROR]"

Also, I keep trying to clear my cache and it does not empty. Always has 8.6 mb in data.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Maybe start from scratch. Remove Play store, Google Account and Blackberry Google ID from your device. Then reboot device. Then download the latest files from the first post and try again. I see no obvious reason, why it should not work.
    10-09-15 06:47 PM
    Ugh, I can't get this thing to work. I followed the instructions but Google play still won't work. It did work earlier using the old blackberry i.d app on my passport

Rock'n the Passport from Shop Blackberry
    Remove all 3 files, reboot device, redownload all files from post 1 and follow the steps again in post 1.
    10-09-15 06:49 PM
    I did as u instructed bt when I wnt 2 register my device on d BlackBerry Google ID, it says: check-in failed [UNSPECIFIED ERROR]. That's wat i've bin facing. Am using Q5 bt d OS is 10.3. I rilly nid ur hlp on dis sir. Thank you
    10-10-15 02:26 AM
    Cobalt, when both updated (beta) apps installed and logged in in the proper order everything worked just as it should.
    Good job and a big thanks for continuing to improve the ability to run Android apps.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-10-15 03:28 AM
    Nice, thanks for the feedback. But I'm not happy yet. Some are still encountering that unspecified error, and I can't track it down, I can't reproduce it on my device.

Well, it's Saturday morning over here in Switzerland here, so plenty of time to build a debug version with intense logging ;-)
    10-10-15 03:35 AM
    Nice, thanks for the feedback. But I'm not happy yet. Some are still encountering that unspecified error, and I can't track it down, I can't reproduce it on my device.

Well, it's Saturday morning over here in Switzerland here, so plenty of time to build a debug version with intense logging ;-)
    Perhaps creating a log recording tool would be helpful. In fact I thought there was one, but then again I may be mis-remembering (not uncommon).
    10-10-15 05:11 AM
    Perhaps creating a log recording tool would be helpful. In fact I thought there was one, but then again I may be mis-remembering (not uncommon).
    There is one here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...kberry-893522/

But I believe that the average user won't be able to use it.

I'll implement a logging feature in Blackberry Google ID. Already on it.
    lyricidal and Smokeaire like this.
    10-10-15 05:18 AM
    OK!

This special release of Blackberry Google ID is for all those that have the "UNSPECIFIED ERROR" or "NULL" error when trying to check in their device. This build creates a logfile of the checkin process in the device/downloads folder. This logfile may help me to understand, why the checkin process fails for some of you.

Download Blackberry Google ID 2.4-DEBUG
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...-2.4-DEBUG.apk

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Remove old Blackberry Google ID from the device
    2. Install the new DEBUG build
    3. Run Blackberry Google ID, go to the about menu in top right, scroll down and enable the option "Google debugging", then return to main screen.
    4. Hit the checkin button and wait until you get a success/error message
    5. Go to Blackberry FileManager, then to device, then to download folder. You should find a file called checkin-log.txt
    6. Send the file to [email protected] or post it here.

I will try to figure out, where it fails.

Thanks for your support!
    Smokeaire and noemi-abril like this.
    10-10-15 07:38 AM
    OK!

This special release of Blackberry Google ID is for all those that have the "UNSPECIFIED ERROR" or "NULL" error when trying to check in their device. This build creates a logfile of the checkin process in the device/downloads folder. This logfile may help me to understand, why the checkin process fails for some of you.

Download Blackberry Google ID 2.4-DEBUG
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...-2.4-DEBUG.apk

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Remove old Blackberry Google ID from the device
    2. Install the new DEBUG build
    3. Run Blackberry Google ID, go to the about menu in top right, scroll down and enable the option "Google debugging", then return to main screen.
    4. Hit the checkin button and wait until you get a success/error message
    5. Go to Blackberry FileManager, then to device, then to download folder. You should find a file called checkin-log.txt
    6. Send the file to [email protected] or post it here.

I will try to figure out, where it fails.

Thanks for your support!
    Installed, followed instructions, and it worked perfectly. Sorry....no failures to test log. Does that make me a failure?

jzajac likes this.
    10-10-15 08:03 AM
    Installed, followed instructions, and it worked perfectly. Sorry....no failures to test log. Does that make me a failure?

You failed at failing!

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    Smokeaire likes this.
    10-10-15 08:28 AM
    ;-)
    10-10-15 08:30 AM
    You failed at failing!

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    I promise that next time I won't read any instructions. Hopefully I'll succeed at failing.

10-10-15 08:33 AM
    Hi, I have tried to update to the new versions of your *.apks today. First I have deinstalled all the apps.
    I have encountered an issue though: The apps are installable, I am able to login into "com.google.android.gsf.login" yet I am unable to create an account. The app does not minimize and I end up in the google account settings where I can change all kinds of things...
    I have rebooted / reseted (volume up+down), reinstalled the app and even reinstalled the older version 4.3.2. Nothing works, the app does not minimize and I am unable to register any account in the GoogleID app as there is no google account in the 3rd party apps.
    Anyone has any ideas?
    Thanks a lot!
    Jakub
    10-10-15 09:53 AM
    Are you trying to create a new Google account or do you want to use an existing one and just log in?
    10-10-15 10:11 AM
    I am using my old account. Maybe to explain it better - I can login into my account, pass the 2 way verification without an issue and end up in my google accounts settings. The app does not close and the 3rd party google account is not created, even though I have logged myself in successfully. No idea where the issues is... I am running 10.3.2.2514 on Passport
    10-10-15 10:16 AM
    Did you try to turn off 2-Step in your Web google settings?
    10-10-15 10:22 AM
    That did not work, but I managed to trick it by creating a specific password for the app in the security settings...
    Thanks for your help, keep up the good work!
    10-10-15 11:05 AM
    i don't want to take a risk. i am only install file from first page.
    10-10-15 12:53 PM
    I downloaded this file to my Classic "Google Account Manager 4.3.3" and the rest of the updated files and allowed me to update, but the named one, says just "open" do not detect it like an upgrade.... suggestion?
    10-10-15 03:18 PM
    Account Manager does not update, because the internal build version is the same. Just remove old version and install new one.
    10-10-15 03:26 PM
    Ok, had to remove old files, reinstall new ones and now everything works, but I installed the 2.4 instead of 2.4debug.... should I install the debugged one?
    10-10-15 04:06 PM
    Ok, had to remove old files, reinstall new ones and now everything works, but I installed the 2.4 instead of 2.4debug.... should I install the debugged one?
    Debug version is only needed if you aren't able to checkin in BGID and want to send me the logfiles. If everything works, the normal 2.4 version is perfect.
    10-10-15 04:55 PM
    Play Store thread on Crackberry reaches 1 Million hits!

When I started this thread on December 23th, 2014, I never thought that so many people would be interested in running the original Google Play Store on their Blackberry's. Maybe this thread even influenced Mr. Chen to rethink things about the Google stuff :-)

Anyway, it makes me feel happy and I hope that you are enjoying my work.

All the best!
    Simon

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-1000000_hits.gif
    Uzi, Smokeaire, Narhim and 16 others like this.
    10-11-15 03:36 AM
6,728 ... 164165166167168 ...