Could you please tell which section in particular? Trust me, won't miss the bullet this time. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 01:17 PM
    Just a reminder, you need to re-whitelist all of your patched apps (with the non-patched versions of course) again after installing a new Google ID apk. At least I seem to have to.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    That's correct. BGID holds the database that contains your gsf id, the spoofed signatures and a lot of Google settings.

If it is removed, the custom whitelisted signatures must be added again.
    10-08-15 01:18 PM
    That's correct. BGID holds the database that contains your gsf id, the spoofed signatures and a lot of Google settings.

If it is removed, the custom whitelisted signatures must be added again.
    Now that I didn't know. Time to start Whitelisting.
    10-08-15 01:21 PM
    Random Whitelist question... I have an app that I was trying to make a purchase in, and got an error connecting back to the Play Store. I tried to Whitelist it and patch it, but patching it actually broke app functionality as it doesn't require patching normally and works perfectly outside of trying to buy something. My guess is that this might just be a case where I'm out of luck since the Whitelist function requires the app to be patched after adding it, right? It's not a big deal, just something I noticed while playing around.

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    10-08-15 02:04 PM
    Cobalt,

Beta testing your Account Manager 4.4.4 and BlackBerry Google ID 2.4.

Account Manager seems to work fine.

No dice registering with Google ID. "Failed authorisation". Works fine when I go back to BGID 2.3. And yes, I have allowed the running of less secured apps (although I never had to do that before).

Last edited by conite; 10-08-15 at 02:40 PM.
    10-08-15 02:17 PM
    Thanks a lot for testing. Will have to do research on that. It works on my device with "less secured apps" OFF and ON.
    10-08-15 02:40 PM
    BETA TESTERS WANTED
    Thanks for the opportunity for test. I deleted the current apps, installed Google Account. With my Google Apps account I can't log in.
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20151008_161200.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the opportunity for test. I deleted the current apps, installed Google Account. With my Google Apps account I can't log in.

Posted via CB10
    You need to reboot the device after deleting the apps.

10-08-15 03:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151008_161200.png 
Views:	1485 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	375007

Posted via CB10
    Check your account settings here:

https://myaccount.google.com/security#signin

Is 2-Step Verification turned OFF ?
    Is "Allow less secure apps" turned ON ?
    10-08-15 04:10 PM
    Cobalt,

Beta testing your Account Manager 4.4.4 and BlackBerry Google ID 2.4.

Account Manager seems to work fine.

No dice registering with Google ID. "Failed authorisation". Works fine when I go back to BGID 2.3. And yes, I have allowed the running of less secured apps (although I never had to do that before).

What was the exact error message after hitting register in BGID? Was is the message above? Whas there an error code?
    10-08-15 04:17 PM
    What was the exact error message after hitting register in BGID? Was is the message above? Whas there an error code?
    I just tried it again, and it worked!

Maybe there was an issue on the other end briefly when I tried it earlier.

So both of your new apps are working perfectly now.

10-08-15 04:38 PM
    Check your account settings here:

https://myaccount.google.com/security#signin

Is 2-Step Verification turned OFF ?
    Is "Allow less secure apps" turned ON ?
    Yes to both.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 04:39 PM
    I just tried it again, and it worked!

Maybe there was an issue on the other end briefly when I tried it earlier.

So both of your new apps are working perfectly now.

Ok good to know. I'll do one more change tomorrow to handle expired tokens.

N8
    10-08-15 04:47 PM
    BETA TESTERS WANTED

I was quite surprised to see that the Google Account app for Android 4.4.4 seems to work on Android 4.3, but after looking at the system requirements it made sense. The app is build for API level 17, which is Android 4.2.2, so it should run on our Android runtime. I patched the app, and here it is, ready for a public beta.

Together with the new Google Account app, I also built a new version of Blackberry Google ID (v2.4). This version does no longer have a login screen. You just run the app, hit register and then BBGID will fetch the token based on your system account and login your device. Very simple. Of course, you must first add a system account with the Google Account app.

If you want to be one of the first to try this, you can download the new apps here:

Google Account Manager 4.4.4
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...4.4-cobalt.apk

Blackberry Google ID 2.4
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...ogleid-2.4.apk

I would be happy to get feedback if this works for you or if more fixing is required.

And maybe a last word: I suggest to remove the old versions before installing the new ones. Especially the Google Account app could produce unpredictable results if it is updated.
    No issues here! Working great!
    10-08-15 06:41 PM
    No problems, works on my Z10
    10-08-15 07:16 PM
    Thanks...just wanted one app from google play to install on my bb10.
    I got it now...Thanks.
    10-08-15 08:04 PM
    Morning Cobalt, Google Account Manager doesn't give me confirmation of successful login.
    It actually accepts my username and password, and gives me a check box "receive news and communications from Google Play"
    After leaving that box unchecked, it just crashes...
    I don't get the usual confirmation fron Google Security neither...
    Many thanks again in advance for your advices ;-)
    10-09-15 02:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151008_161200.png 
Views:	1485 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	375007

Posted via CB10
    I installed the beta and now getting the same message. I did uninstalled the app that was on the phone, rebooted, then installed the beta version. I've removed it, rebooted again and installed it a second time. Same message.
    Guess next step will be to uninstall all the apps and start over unless you have a suggestion. Did turn on "less secure".

UPDATE: Installed older version, sign in worked.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 10-09-15 at 05:40 AM.
    10-09-15 05:15 AM
    Thanks guys for your time and testing. Here the first results of my research:

1. Google Account app 4.4.4 does run on Android 4.3, but you MUST have the patched Google Play Services installed to be able to authenticate. If Play Services is not installed, you can't login.
    2. Google Account app 4.3.2 does not require Googel Play services to authenticate and seems to be the better solution to just run Play Store.

I will post a new testing package later today, consisting of a new Google Account app 4.3.3 and a new Blackberry Google ID (still 2.4)
    noemi-abril likes this.
    10-09-15 06:36 AM
    Thanks guys for your time and testing. Here the first results of my research:

1. Google Account app 4.4.4 does run on Android 4.3, but you MUST have the patched Google Play Services installed to be able to authenticate. If Play Services is not installed, you can't login.
    2. Google Account app 4.3.2 does not require Googel Play services to authenticate and seems to be the better solution to just run Play Store.

I will post a new testing package later today, consisting of a new Google Account app 4.3.3 and a new Blackberry Google ID (still 2.4)
    Just curious what are the thing we are gaining from the update? And technical benefits?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 11:06 AM
    The new solution has two major advantages:

1. You don't have to login manually in BGID -> less login problems
    2. You don't have to allow less secure apps to login with your Google account -> more security for the users
    ferchu likes this.
    10-09-15 11:14 AM
    Going to upload in a few mins.
    10-09-15 11:15 AM
    So here is the new solution, that hopefully will be the new standard for logging in / checking in.

Google Account app 4.3.3 (updated)
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...3.3-cobalt.apk

Blackberry Google ID 2.4 (reworked)

I did quite a lot of testing with this and it seems to be very stable, But of course software always works on the developers infrastructure :/

What should work for you:
    * You should be able to login using Google Account manager without having to set the option "allow less secure apps" in your google web account settings
    * You should be able to login in Blackberry Google ID by just pressing register (credentials and auth token is fetched from Google Account Manager)

This should work with and without Google Play Services being installed.

Feedback is very welcome.
    noemi-abril likes this.
    10-09-15 11:52 AM
    So here is the new solution, that hopefully will be the new standard for logging in / checking in.

Thanks very much, this version worked flawlessly (without Google Play Services installed)!

Posted via CB10
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    10-09-15 12:07 PM

Google Account app 4.3.3 (updated)
    http://homepage.bluewin.ch/simonsmit...3.3-cobalt.apk

Blackberry Google ID 2.4 (reworked)

I did quite a lot of testing with this and it seems to be very stable, But of course software always works on the developers infrastructure :/

What should work for you:
    * You should be able to login using Google Account manager without having to set the option "allow less secure apps" in your google web account settings
    * You should be able to login in Blackberry Google ID by just pressing register (credentials and auth token is fetched from Google Account Manager)

This should work with and without Google Play Services being installed.

Hi Cobalt,

Does that mean when you're installing a newest version app ( Tinder for example ) from the latest patched Google Play Store, that you don't see the pop-up message ( Google Play Services Required In order to work this ) within the newest version app?

Or is it nessesary that you have to patch an unpatched app first and than install the patched app?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 12:20 PM
6,728 ... 162163164165166 ...