Google Play Play Store 5.8.8 build 2 - "Check your connection and try again"
    BB Passport OS 10.3.2.2226 All other apps can access the Internet, just not the newest Google Play Store for Blackberry. Any idea what is causing this?
    08-28-15 10:09 PM
    Read post 1. It looks like you didn't checkin with Blackberry Google ID.
    08-29-15 04:03 AM
    Hey guys,

when I use autoloader to install new BB OS, I usually restore a backup to keep all my accounts and apps etc. Now, for the android apps from playstore I constantly get nbotifications to refresh or confirm my password for Whatsapp etc.

How can I fix that? I know it is much cleaner to start from scratch and simply add all accounts and install apps from scratch, but it usually takes me half a day.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
    08-29-15 05:26 AM
    Don't restore Google Login or Blackberry Google ID. Always do a new installation.

Remove Google Login app, reinstall and login again.

Also, if you update your device OS, you should always do a new checkin with Blackberry Google ID. This is because your device fingerprint has changed.
    cropduster69 likes this.
    08-29-15 10:28 AM
    I have a notification to update apps from the Google Play Store. I have the Cobalt patched playstore. Can I just update the apps or is there something else I need to do?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:53 PM
    I have a notification to update apps from the Google Play Store. I have the Cobalt patched playstore. Can I just update the apps or is there something else I need to do?

Posted via CB10
    You can update as usual. I don't believe you will get an update notice for apps that you have patched. If you do then I think you will have to first delete the patched app, download the updated app and start the patching procedure over again.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-29-15 05:02 PM
    You can update as usual. I don't believe you will get an update notice for apps that you have patched. If you do then I think you will have to first delete the patched app, download the updated app and start the patching procedure over again.

This is true. It's a bit of a pain if you have settings in the app you want to keep. I usually download the app on another device or use Evozi APK Downloader. Then I transfer the apk to my device, patch, and update over my previous version.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 06:53 PM

Ironically, use Snap for this one and only reason. I have Cobalt's GPS installed and it works great. However, Snap does flag patched apps as having an available update, on its Updates tab. So every so often I check there, on Snap, to look into whether I may need to update something. Unlike Conite, I then normally download the updated apps via Gmaps Patcher, through Google Play, and patch it right there and then, before moving it over to my device.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 07:53 PM
    This is true. It's a bit of a pain if you have settings in the app you want to keep. I usually download the app on another device or use Evozi APK Downloader. Then I transfer the apk to my device, patch, and update over my previous version.

Where can I download Evozi Apk downloader?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    08-29-15 10:33 PM
    Where can I download Evozi Apk downloader?

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    It's a Web site. Google it.

08-29-15 11:09 PM
    Cobalt - why are these three files still needed on your device after you purchase/acquire the app you want?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-15 12:52 PM
    Cobalt - why are these three files still needed on your device after you purchase/acquire the app you want?

Posted via CB10
    Have you read the first post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10933307

08-30-15 01:29 PM
    Play Store betatest (Installed package library fix)

After reading some posts here about updating patched apps with Play Store (which doesn't work), I decided to look into the Play Store code and to find out how I could fix the updating problem without breaching the built in security concept of Play Store.

The main issue was, that I didn't want to give up the signature verification that is used to verify app downloads. This feature protects the user from downloading manipulated apps from the store and I believe that people have a better feeling using my Play Store if they know that they are downloading the genuine file.

I managed to build a solution that just affects the installed apps library. Play Store still verifies the signatures of the downloaded apps, but it shows updates for apps where the signature doesn't match the one on Play Store.

So what is new in this build:
    1. You can now see patched apps in the myApps section in Play Store
    2. You can download updates for patched apps
    3. You can NOT install the updates (because the signature doesn't match). Patch the file after download and then the update will work.

You can try the new feature in this test build:
    https://mega.nz/#!ZNF31B6A!03LLNwaZp...pcqZGIHO9rIkUM

Play Store showing a patched version of Google Play Games in the my apps section:
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150831_000047.png
    08-30-15 05:02 PM
    That's awesome!
    The old file version of google play store has to be deleted first ? Or this comes as an update?
    Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    08-30-15 05:17 PM
    Delete old version, then install new one. It is still the 5.8.8 build.
    08-30-15 05:27 PM
    Did it. It works. Shows the update for Amex even though the installed one is patched.
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150830_182827.png

Thank you once again Cobalt!

I'll also add that the apk file is saved on the phone so patching is easy. (unlike with snap ,where the apk file is only saved once the new version is installed)

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    08-30-15 05:29 PM
    Nice to hear that it works. I may add that it is highly recommended to turn off autoupdate in Play store settings.

Also, updates for Google Play services are not shown, because it's internally handled as a system app. Just to be said.
    08-30-15 05:43 PM
    I may add that it is highly recommended to turn off autoupdate in Play store settings.
    First thing I did

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    08-30-15 05:48 PM
    Downloading now. Looking forward to testing. Thanks Cobalt.

08-30-15 06:44 PM
    Play Store betatest (Installed package library fix)

After reading some posts here about updating patched apps with Play Store (which doesn't work), I decided to look into the Play Store code and to find out how I could fix the updating problem without breaching the built in security concept of Play Store.
    Thanks Cobalt. This was the very point I was trying to make in my recent post just above, of not being able to see updates for patched apps in the Play Store. However my intention was not to ask a fix. So honestly, I'm surprised and am appreciative of your response here. I'll give this a shot.
    08-30-15 07:00 PM
    OMG! I have a lot of apps to update, and a lot of apps to patch! Thanks a lot Cobalt!

08-31-15 06:48 AM
    So it looks like the fix is working. You can use this version as release version. Will add the fix to the regular updates.
    Smokeaire and hasmukh1 like this.
    08-31-15 07:11 AM
    Thanks Cobalt, it works!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 03:14 PM
    Read post 1. It looks like you didn't checkin with Blackberry Google ID.
    Yes cobalt dude, had a similar issue, this solved it
    Amazing!!

Posted from my monster machine, AKA the passport...
    08-31-15 04:04 PM
    I need to continue using 10.2 until T-Mobile issues 10.3 with wi-fi calling.

I can't get any of Cobalt's recent Google ID, Services, Account, Whitelist, etc apps to install on my Z10 running10.2 and i just noticed that you say 10.2 isn't supported any longer. Am I totally out of luck to run new apk's from Google?

A couple apps that were running OK now won't load because there is a newer version of the app and I now get the message to load the new version. I've tried Gmaps Patcher but it doesn't work on the newer versions of those apps.
    08-31-15 04:11 PM
6,728 ... 149150151152153 ...