I have tried everything from every thread I can find to get Google play services or to bypass it like lucky patcher, gmaps patcher, and downloading Google play services and can't get anything to work. Nothing will let me open the files after I save them. Please help. I have blackberry classic 10.3

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:27 PM
    Well, I took the leap and deleted Snap, and installed Cobalt's Google Play Store. It works so far, but I find it a bit laggier than Snap. Is that normal? Is it because of having to run two apps in the background to make it work, or is it that I'm only running 10.3.1?

PaulJ
    Hi and welcome to the Play Store club. Compared to a native app, the Play Store is slightly slower. This is because the downloading of the images requires a bit more time. Native apps can download images without the need of the android emulation and that's why it fells snapier.

The two additional apps that you have to install do not run in the background. They are so called "content providers" and are only invoked if the Play store requires data from it. They are crucial for the Store to work. On a normal Android device, the two apps are also there, but they are hidden away in the android OS and they don't have a launch icon. On the Blackberry runtime they are visible, because it is not possible to add them to the system image.

Enjoy the Play Store!
    oldsoul123 and anon(8908445) like this.
    05-26-15 04:00 PM
    Hey guys, so I am new to this so don't laugh. I just switch from an iPhone 6+ to try out the Passport. Question I have....I got the Play Story to work (thank you) but there are always pop ups saying "Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped." Is there a way to get that to go away, and to make YouTube work? I want to log into my account so I can see the people I am following and watch there videos. Other then that, I love the passport for work!
    05-26-15 04:12 PM
    Hey guys, so I am new to this so don't laugh. I just switch from an iPhone 6+ to try out the Passport. Question I have....I got the Play Story to work (thank you) but there are always pop ups saying "Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped." Is there a way to get that to go away, and to make YouTube work? I want to log into my account so I can see the people I am following and watch there videos. Other then that, I love the passport for work!
    No problem. Google Play SERVICES is quite buggy and doesn't support logging in to anywhere. Maybe you should remove it.

The Play Store works without it.
    05-26-15 04:20 PM
    So am I not able to use the Google play services? My company emails use Google business, but its seems like when I use the hub, it does not delete it from the server even when its check. So when I get back to my computer, the emails are still there and what not.
    05-26-15 04:57 PM
    You could try Power Tube Pro from BBW. It is a native YouTube client, that works pretty good, and you can log in to your YouTube account, and follow your friends. The only thing it doesn't support is the new messaging service through Google +.

PaulJ
    05-26-15 07:07 PM
    I use FastTube :

Check out FastTube- Ultimate YouTube browser for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23064881

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    05-26-15 07:20 PM
    Cobalt never patches any versions to work of the store that were below 5... I thought we've had this talk before.

Have you tried some of the solutions out there from basic Google searches? Looks like there's a method for X2.

http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-...ogle-services/

Posted via my Z30 with the CrackBerry App
    05-26-15 08:30 PM
    No problem. Google Play SERVICES is quite buggy and doesn't support logging in to anywhere. Maybe you should remove it.

The Play Store works without it.
    How would I remove it? It's popping up all the time when I open any app.
    05-26-15 08:44 PM
    You could try Power Tube Pro from BBW. It is a native YouTube client, that works pretty good, and you can log in to your YouTube account, and follow your friends. The only thing it doesn't support is the new messaging service through Google +.

PaulJ
    I will give it a shot. Thank you!!!
    05-26-15 08:45 PM
    Are you serious? The solution is just one post above your post. But as I'm I nice guy I'll copy it for you:

To turn off notifications in Google Maps:

- Run Blackberry Google ID
    - go to top right menu, choose Android Settings
    - Go to apps, Google Maps and turn off notifications
    How and where do you run the BlackBerry Google ID?

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-26-15 08:55 PM
    I will give it a shot. Thank you!!!
    Why not simply run the native BlackBerry YouTube app? Works great for me and connects with my Google account automatically.

05-26-15 08:58 PM
    Hell, I'm using my Q10 to play Google Play Music and controlling it all with my Pebble Steel and it even updates my BBM status of what I'm listening to.

Who needs Android?

This Google Play thing is working very well for me. I thank you so much Cobalt. I'm loving this to death!

Yeah I posted something similar in another thread but it's so Awesome I wanted to hit all the pertinent threads, giving thanks where deserved.

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150526_224151.png

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    05-26-15 09:52 PM
    Are you serious? The solution is just one post above your post. But as I'm I nice guy I'll copy it for you:

To turn off notifications in Google Maps:

- Run Blackberry Google ID
    - go to top right menu, choose Android Settings
    - Go to apps, Google Maps and turn off notifications
    Still showing same error after clear cache
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [OUTDATED]-img_20150527_110241.png

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:32 AM
    How and where do you run the BlackBerry Google ID?

Read the first post.
    05-27-15 02:23 AM
    Still showing same error after clear cache
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150527_110241.png 
Views:	1745 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	354713

Posted via CB10
    If nothing works:
    - Remove all 3 files
    - reboot
    - reinstall 3 files

If problem persists, it's something with the Google servers.
    05-27-15 02:24 AM
    how can I download Google Play store on My Blackberry Z3

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 03:32 AM
    Read the first post. Always read the first post of a thread to understand the topic of the discussion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-27-15 03:46 AM
    how can I download Google Play store on My Blackberry Z3

Posted via CB10
    First read what cobalt posted in first page because it will clear your doubt (what you can and what you can not)

But still if you are unable to understand how to do it then this is a link where you can get video demonstration of how to install GPS

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 06:53 AM
    First read what cobalt posted in first page because it will clear your doubt (what you can and what you can not)

But still if you are unable to understand how to do it then this is a link where you can get video demonstration of how to install GPS

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this video, but it shows the setup process in a WRONG order. That's why I removed it from post 1 and why you should NOT follow that video. Stick to the 3 simple steps in post 1.
    gfondeur likes this.
    05-27-15 07:37 AM
    I've tried every youtube client for blackberry and this is the best of the best client.

Check out SuperTube for YouTube in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34531895
    05-28-15 04:48 AM
    I've tried every youtube client for blackberry and this is the best of the best client.

Check out SuperTube for YouTube in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/34531895
    Supertube is just superb FASTTUBE is also good.. this is like passport keypad. first time you will find the keypad awkward after that you will like it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:55 AM
    My BlackBerry z10 software is 10.2 how I update my software to 10.3

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:04 AM
    could anyone get ola cabs working? Can anyone test. Its a app for cab booking. Install well, login successful but shows google play services error and blank screen instead of map data. Simply put cant use it as of now.
    05-28-15 05:17 AM
    could anyone get ola cabs working? Can anyone test. Its a app for cab booking. Install well, login successful but shows google play services error and blank screen instead of map data. Simply put cant use it as of now.
    Go to post no 1 / page 1 and read the FAQ portion..

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 05:30 AM
6,728 ... 120121122123124 ...